Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-12-2002, 11:05 PM   #1
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

i almost got caught tonight......

on my way home from work tonight i go over a bridge to get home, well the bridge is NEVER patroled by cops and if you can see the top of the bridge has no cops, your clear. this bridge is about a mile long, 1/2 up 1/2 down. anyhoo, i had a very stressful night at work you know nothing a little top speed crusing cant take care of, so at the bottom of the bridge i shift into 3rd going about 45-50mph, so im around 4k rpms, let the needle start to go, i dont stare at the speedo cause im 5 feet from a cement wall, and well you know. so i see the shift light come on at the top of 3rd and i shift to 4th, then coming over the bridge the opposite way is a COP! i was like oh shit, 3rd gear tops out around 96-100 and i had 4th for a second or 2, so i intantly hit the brakes and let the tranny slow my car to 60, and i see his brake lights come on, i get to the bottom of the bridge and i see him at the top, i run the yellow light, make a few turns to loose him so he cant follow me and i swing into my driveway, move my dads car behind mine, and ive seen him drive up my street now slowly....... daaaaaaaaamn im a little wired now

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
ChrisCantSkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2002, 12:12 AM   #2
juvenile

Well if he did see you, you would have been caught by now!
I've had my share of things similar to this....it's freaky!
Hope everything is cool for you!
Old 01-13-2002, 12:41 AM   #3
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Crazy, glad you made it home ok. Ditching the cops will get you in way too much trouble if you get caught. I'm sure you're cool now though.

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2002, 12:45 AM   #4
RxR_Eclipse

Dude don't think your out of the park yet, I had a freind who got a ticket almost seven months after his offence! The cop said that he had up to a year to cite him and was just waiting till he saw him again. So I would tread lighltly. Of course that was here in Idaho, the laws may be different where you live.
Old 01-13-2002, 12:48 AM   #5
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by RxR_Eclipse
Dude don't think your out of the park yet, I had a freind who got a ticket almost seven months after his offence! The cop said that he had up to a year to cite him and was just waiting till he saw him again. So I would tread lighltly. Of course that was here in Idaho, the laws may be different where you live.

Wow, I've heard stories of that happening, but I never knew it was true. Man, that makes me nervous thinking of everything I've done in the last year.

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2002, 01:24 AM   #6
toykilla

luckily we live in the usa and even if he saw you in your driveway (didnt see you get out of car) he cant DO SHIT!! He has to see you exit the vechile to do anything to you. =D I know cuz I do it all the time. Unless its for something worse than just speeding, they have to see it. How is he to proove it was you driving when you say you havent driven all day and your dad is saying the same thing? He cant. Ive done it before cept my car was still running due to my turbo timer and he came up tried to give me a ticket. I explained that my car is broken and cant be driven. Hes like, "its running" in a bitchy way then it dies. I was like see, I cant keep it running for more than 5 mins. He left, thx to the turbo timer. =D He saw me get out of the car though...didnt see me pull in house. I was actually just about to work on it so my hood was already up waiting for it too cool down. =] hehe
Old 01-13-2002, 01:36 AM   #7
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

well, he saw me at the top of the bridge, so its 1/2 mile down, 1/2 mile back upto the top, and i was way gone by then it COULD have just been a patrol car in my neighborhood, but i dunno, i think im cool now. the wall between the east and west bound traffic is 3 feet high, so he proboly couldnt make out more than black 2 door, i dunno, im good i hope, i just got alot of money, no need to spend it on a ticket

Old 01-13-2002, 01:43 AM   #8
RxR_Eclipse

Toykilla is probly right on this one. My freind that got caught said the cop accually SAW him driving his truck. So if the cop never accually saw YOU, I suppose that it would be hard for him to prove that it was accually you in the car. Although we all know how cops are. I'm sure it one wanted to, he would make sure you got a ticket regardless of the legality of it. I room with a cop and believe me it dosen't take much for a cop and his freinds to put you on the "black book" which DOES exsist. And then before you know it every cop in town is pulling you over for "routine" stops.
Old 01-13-2002, 03:21 PM   #9
Accord Man
THE GENERAL

that cool man..

Makes I while I've fled from the cops..
HondaStyle.com Babysitter's Club Member #0

Soon to be >Dr Max Immuh<
Accord Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2002, 08:41 PM   #10
90civiclxryder

the exhaust kills you when your running from the jakes, they can hear you from a good distance, sometimes i stop and put the silence in just to be careful if theres enough time, as NWA said f*ck the police
Old 01-13-2002, 09:09 PM   #11
TruHeel142

Quote:
Originally posted by 90civiclxryder
as NWA said f*ck the police

H*LL YEAH!!!

they got nothing better to do than f8ck with us, damn. I'm not even gonna start all the times cops have screwed me and my friends over. I wanna on cops.
Old 01-13-2002, 09:11 PM   #12
slowEJ6

cops around here are pretty cool about stuff, except for the highway patrol....they will rip you a new asshole in a heartbeat. i despise them with a passion
slowEJ6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2002, 09:43 PM   #13
juvenile

How do you people deal with cops when you do so many street races? Just wondering?

And how does it work for you if you get caught speeding?
Old 01-13-2002, 09:48 PM   #14
slowEJ6

i dont go to the street races
slowEJ6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2002, 10:03 PM   #15
juvenile

Quote:
Originally posted by hybrid3do0rcx
i dont go to the street races

yeah yeah yeah....:P
I mean like you meet a person on the light, race and get caught...what will happen to you?

If you are doing 10 above? 20 above? 30 above and so on?

Do you have a points system, or just tickets?

I also heard in some states they can send you to prison?!?!

Just give me facts so taht I can compare
Old 01-14-2002, 02:17 PM   #16
90civiclxryder

i skateboard so im used to getting harrased by the jakes all the time
Old 01-14-2002, 08:23 PM   #17
toykilla

about a month ago i was driving to my cousin's house. his road is a nightmare. blind corners and shit and it was night. to make it even worse everyone on the neighborhood that walks their dogs does it in the middle of the damn road like they are a ****ing car. anyways, i took a blind curve and had to slam my brakes on the curve out the way to keep from hitting this stupid ***** with like 5 dogs. i keep going no worrying about it and about an hour later a cop shows up at his house. said they got a call that the owner of the silver eclipse was speeding down the street. i park on the road so he found me. =/ the cop asked if i was speeding, I said no. he said he couldnt proove if i was or not so he left but not before i told him to talk to the woman on the street about staying the **** out the road so people that arent speeding dont almost hit them. my uncle also gave him some words. he couldnt do shit.
Old 01-14-2002, 09:16 PM   #18
DRAG Boosted Si
The Grim Reaper

I got a speeding ticket today my damn self....yeah he sniped my ass from a mile away.....caught me doing 61 in a 45mph zone
DRAG Boosted Si is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2002, 09:20 PM   #19
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

Quote:
Originally posted by 90civiclxryder
i skateboard so im used to getting harrased by the jakes all the time
12 tresspassing warrents, 3 hemlet warnings( i was 15, have to be 16 not to wear a helmet for some odd reason) 4 warnings that i'll get destrution of propoerty, 3 free rides home(mom i swear i wasnt an ass to him) one vistit at home from a cop(for attempting to enter a parking garage to steal cars i skated by) one acusation of shoving a old women over that i SWEAR i didnt do, um... what else.... BS from flashlight warriors(securaty patrol, they cant do anything), i think thats the stuff thats actualy worth documneting, not to mention the daily, get out of here and dont come back i get.

Old 01-15-2002, 02:24 AM   #20
toykilla

luckily for the potomac mills mall area, vans opened a stakeshop in the mall. comes complete with everything you could possibly want or need to skateboard PLUS a damn course. its pretty badass. they had some comp. here that tony hawk was present at although i didnt see him. just what i heard. also, for all the crazy bikers. 3 nights out of the week they kick the skaters out and let the bikers **** it up. if ya live near..i highly recommend you go crazy.
Old 01-15-2002, 07:32 AM   #21
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Sometimes we all load our bikes up and go to the Big City, Columbus, and play around.. I can name countless time we've been chased by security gaurds, especially at Ohio State University.. The cops dont really say to much mostly just security gaurds. Now at homes a different story.. The cops are awful about everything.. A couple of my friends have even had their bikes inpounded... One almost got beat with a Flashlight!

Bored Cops Suck..