FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: What should Tom do?
Keep the hatch and mod it. 3 27.27%
Get the 4dr and mod it. 1 9.09%
Play some CS and relieve stress, then decide. 7 63.64%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-11-2002, 10:43 AM   #1
slowEJ6

I hate my car....seriously. this is long.

im so pissed off right now. first i was putting in my friends amp in my car with his solo baric 12 cuz im pretty tired of no bass. so i hook the amp up and well.....instead of the GREEN POWER light coming on the RED PROTECTION light comes on. so im like FAWK! so i take out all the wiring, strip off the ends, recrimp on new connectors, check all the fuses, hook EVERYTHING back up and turn on the radio....then BAM! red light comes on again. so im like alright must be something wrong with the amp, then my car starts to idle weird....due to my positive battery cable not seating right on the battery. so i hit it with a mallet to seat it better (had to do this several times before), that solved that problem. so still no amp working right? right. so ok. my clutch is fawked up and makes the most *** damn annoying sound. at 4k rpm the clutch gets louder than it should be, even at idle its chattering somewhat i guess you can call it. so i have a clutchmasters clutch on order. hoping to have it soon this way i can also replace the damn tranny fluid @ the same time. so ok, thats super hella annoying.....then i notice white smoke from my exhaust. weird. its done that once before and my CEL came on, but it wasnt throwing a code, probably due to the extreme temp drop we had a few nights ago. then the CEL went off and stayed off. so alright. no white smoke for a few days, just noticed it today again. weird. i also notice a hell of a lot of water/condensation coming out of the muffler. i rub my finger along the inside tip of the muffler and bam, a hell of a lot of water. did this several times and it seemed as if more and mroe water built up.....so then i notice a puddle under my car. what do i see? the condensation leaking out of the b-pipe....hmm so whats this mean? exhaust leak? you bet. i noticed this happened the same night my CEL came on as well. i think since it was cold this morning, condensation built up inside the exhaust and was now all coming out. and i was working on my car outside and it was sitting for quite a while to gather all this garbage. SO ANYWAYS......now im pissed...i hate my car...i was totally rethinking the move to sell my car for a 5g 4dr but now im wanting to go back on that.
on the other hand i just feel like buying a thermal exhaust (turbo unit), doing away with the muffler and getting a JUN titanium muffler instead. this way no more worries with this damn half ass aluminized piping and no welds all over the place.
then put that on when the turbo arrives and be a happy happy tom. or i could just sell the car as is for about $7k.....either way it doesnt matter, one of the cars is going to be turbo on stock internals (B-series motor) and then all my time and effort goes towards the Supra when i finally FIND ONE.
and either car (hatch or 4dr) will be repainted w/ 5lug conversion and gunmetal ITR wheels OR black 16" te37's OR gunmetal 17" gtn's. or all 3. sounds like a better idea right? yes it does. and the 4dr gets a special front end with 6g sides and some sort of rear lip. *sighs* what a pain in the ass. please vote.
slowEJ6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2002, 11:17 AM   #2
TruHeel142

I think you know which one i think you should do for now
Old 01-11-2002, 11:30 AM   #3
FeelMyRide

If you seriously want to get rid of the car and its not just cause you are having probs. Then sell it if you can get good $$ for it and quickly. If not then haul thru it and do the mods. Its all up to you. I think I was basically useless. Hehehe

Fuk it all, if you can find a new car cheap.. sell it and dont do mods to the new one. Just have it to get you around and get the Supra. Thats what I would do! Good luck
Old 01-11-2002, 12:09 PM   #4
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

the white smoke from condesation is a common prob around here in the winter time so i no longer worry about it. After i start my car continues to throw white smoke for 5-10 minutes.

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2002, 12:37 PM   #5
slowEJ6

Quote:
Originally posted by FeelMyRide
Fuk it all, if you can find a new car cheap.. sell it and dont do mods to the new one.
money isnt an issue. i just want a civic for something fun. i dont want to drive the Supra everyday once i get it....low miles are my friend on a car like that, it'll probably be a weekend ass kicker for the most part. i just think itd be dope to have a 4dr w/ b18b turbo.....but anyways. i dunno.

and truheel, i think you voted for playin CS haha.
Old 01-11-2002, 01:54 PM   #6
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Quote:
Originally posted by hondaman-iac
the white smoke from condesation is a common prob around here in the winter time so i no longer worry about it. After i start my car continues to throw white smoke for 5-10 minutes.

White smoke? Probably not good.

hybrid3do0rcx, play some CS. Its a great stress reliever.

BTW, a friend of mine runs a CS server.

I play on it with the name {oSk}Civic_Addict.....
Old 01-11-2002, 02:59 PM   #7
slowEJ6

Quote:
Originally posted by Civic_Addict

kickass.....im bout to play some CS too, ill check the server out
Old 01-11-2002, 03:00 PM   #8
slowEJ6

yeah.......my car is pissin me off. i want the 4dr
people voting........please explain why you think i should do what your vote choice is. thatd be pretty
Old 01-11-2002, 04:17 PM   #9
FeelMyRide

If money isn't an issue.. send me some so I can hook up my civic and then get yourself a 4dr and hook it up
Old 01-11-2002, 04:33 PM   #10
slowEJ6

Quote:
Originally posted by FeelMyRide
If money isn't an issue.. send me some so I can hook up my civic
sure! :P

Quote:
and then get yourself a 4dr and hook it up
good plan
Old 01-11-2002, 04:35 PM   #11
slowEJ6

Quote:
hybrid3do0rcx, play some CS. Its a great stress reliever.

i just got done playin on the server.....i got called a queer cuz i was killing this one guy pretty much the same way everytime....and cuz i was killing 3-4 people all on my own. oh well, it was fun....pinging sorta high on the server but all in all, it was
lemme know when yer gonna play on there, ill join.
Old 01-11-2002, 05:14 PM   #12
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Quote:
Originally posted by hybrid3do0rcx

i just got done playin on the server.....i got called a queer cuz i was killing this one guy pretty much the same way everytime....and cuz i was killing 3-4 people all on my own. oh well, it was fun....pinging sorta high on the server but all in all, it was
lemme know when yer gonna play on there, ill join.

Yeah he's been working on some upgrades.... You can also check out http://SalvationStation.Linuxvirgin.Org . He made a real-time stats program.... Pretty cool.

You can hit me up on AIM almost 24/7. I'll play anytime.
Old 01-11-2002, 07:49 PM   #13
slowEJ6

Quote:

Yeah he's been working on some upgrades.... You can also check out http://SalvationStation.Linuxvirgin.Org . He made a real-time stats program.... Pretty cool.

You can hit me up on AIM almost 24/7. I'll play anytime.
sweet, ill check it out. ill be back over my friends house tomorrow at around noon my time to play for a bit. so ill hit you up on AIM then for sure
Old 01-13-2002, 01:59 PM   #14
DemonicAccord

I haven't forgotten about you man, but a lot of the Supras i have seen are in less than what i would call reliable condition. Austin has the highest concentration of Supras in the nation, but it seems most of the owners rag on them till they're dead and try to get extortionist style prices based on the name alone. I'm still looking, I promise.
Old 01-13-2002, 03:06 PM   #15
slowEJ6

Quote:
Originally posted by DemonicAccord
I haven't forgotten about you man, but a lot of the Supras i have seen are in less than what i would call reliable condition. Austin has the highest concentration of Supras in the nation, but it seems most of the owners rag on them till they're dead and try to get extortionist style prices based on the name alone. I'm still looking, I promise.
its cool man, i appreciate you lookin out and all, a lot. i plan on checking out a local auto auction next week, a friend of mine said they sell 1 or 2 supras every now and then, and usually at least 1 of them is a TT model and they are just repos and stuff. so i figure if i can find one real cheap, even if the engine isnt in THAT great of condition, i could just rebuild it for less than the cost of a slightly modded Supra anyways since auction deals are usually pretty good. but im hoping to find one and then i will be ecstatic, if not. then back to the drawing boards and still debating on the 4dr or keep the hatch.

thanks again for lookin out.