::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-08-2003, 02:22 PM   #1
ohiochica

las vegas nevada area help needed

anyone in the las vegas nevada area? i just a got a job offer there and am looking for advice / info. thanks, becky

Ohio HST members please read this
ohiochica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2003, 12:03 AM   #2
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

heh, i have no clue on that. more details please

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2003, 10:14 AM   #3
ohiochica

well i got a pretty decent offer to work in my field (autism) with an up and coming therapy treatment program. i am thinking hard.

Old 11-09-2003, 11:05 AM   #4
smrlda1

I don't know much about Vegas, I've only been to Primm Nevada. But I know people who live there, so I know it's livable! I just moved to Arizona for a job (along with other things) and you get used to it. Good luck whatever you decide!
Old 11-09-2003, 08:23 PM   #5
DsBlu01CivEX

Becky...can I move with you? hehe erin and I have been looking into moving to LV in the next yr or so. So we've been doing the whole checkin out cost of living and jobs and what not. There seem to be some pretty awesome places to live out there. As long as you don't mind the heat, you'll be fine out there.

http://www.myspace.com/kenike
DsBlu01CivEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2003, 09:22 PM   #6
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

It depends which part of Vegas you're in. I don't (and have never) lived there but I've been there a few times. If you like dry heat, compulsive gamblers, and lackluster scenery then LV is the place to be. I wouldn't live there unless I had a REALLY REALLY great job waiting.
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2003, 11:42 PM   #7
ohiochica

hey denise and erin...........lets go! i am so scared to move to a big city by myself!

and yes this job seems to be a really great job. worth moving for, but at this point i am just scared.

Old 11-10-2003, 09:07 AM   #8
Whiteclipse99
4th Gear

If I had the , I'd move to Las Vegas tomorrow! I'm ready to move. I've only been to LV once, but I fell in love with it! No matter how hot it gets, I still love it! As soon as D and I save up some money it's, Hello Vegas, Bye-bye York, Pa!

Congrats on the job offer Becky!
Old 11-10-2003, 11:45 AM   #9
MAXed Out
6th Gear

good luck on what ever u decide and if u move there is a lot of parting from what i have heard so have fun.
1997 Maxima SE 5spd, Stillen Body Kit, Warpspeed Y & B pipes, Magnaflow Muffler, Koni Yellows & Tein S-tech springs, JVC Headunit, Directed 7" in dash screen,Stillen Intake, red/clear tail lights, AE mod, Paceseter STS, EL-Glow Gauges, Clutchmasters FX300 Clutch, rebuilt tranny, 19" Mille Miglia Evo 5's with Pirelli Pzero's(summer), 18" Hp D-10 hyper silver wrapped in Goodyear ultra HPR, SPW front strut bar, Helios 7000k HID, Motostorm UDP, Viper 5000Vx alarm, 2 12" PowerClass 124 subs, Kenwood 1200 Watt amp, DVD Changer
MAXed Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2003, 11:54 AM   #10
ohiochica

hey stefan's lil bro, if ya know much about me ya know i dont party. sooooooooo partying isnt a concern, but the crime that goes with it is.

Old 11-10-2003, 01:37 PM   #11
Whiteclipse99
4th Gear

You would be surprised to find out that the crime rate isn't as bad as everyone thinks. And also everyone associates Las Vegas with being a party town, and although it may be on the strip, outside of the strip it's like every other town or city.
Old 12-08-2003, 05:33 PM   #12
Anotherslo1

I know this is a very late reply. But if you havn't left yet, vegas is great. I graduated from vegas and my family and a lot of friends still live there. I go back as often as I can. I live in Cali now so I go back at least once a month for a weekend or so. If your a 24hour city life type of person then this is the place. Vegas is constantly growing. No state tax. Great and cheap houses. If your a partier, always a party happening. Clubs DON'T Close before 6am. then always an after party. You can purchase alcohol 24/7 365. Not to mention all the other stuff to do. There is always something to do. And if you get sick of the lifestyle you can stay inthe outskirts where it is a little calmer. Or your only 4 hours from LA area. And thats great. Usually weekens are like that. Cali peeps coming to vegas, vegas peeps going to cali. YOU LOVE IT. JUST GO!!!!! But everyone is right. DON'T FORGET ABOUT THE HEAT!