Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-31-2003, 09:53 AM   #1
Shaved &/or Laid
4th Gear

what to do when friends leave

Well. I once had a best friend named Matt. One day, he got a girlfriend, and i realized that i got blown off and he never wanted to do anything ever with me. As hard as i tried to preserve the frienship i just got ignored because of girl. So i move on. Eventually, my even better friend paul, gets a girlfriend, and is 'changed for the better' so basically never wants to do anything. IS this normal for everyone cause its starting to piss me off. /rant over
Old 10-31-2003, 10:34 AM   #2
drdingo21

yep. Woman take priority over everything else.

My advice, get a woman

Im doing the same thing right now to a couple people here at work, i just met a new girl (Lindsey) And she is hot! ive spent the past week with her, and my friends here are complaining because no I only do stuff with them when she is at work
drdingo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2003, 10:52 AM   #3
Whiteclipse99
4th Gear

See the thing is, no girl or guy should ever come between friends. If they really are your friend, then they should still make time for you no matter what. And if the girlfriend or boyfriend is really worthy, then they should understand and respect the friendships their significant other have.
Old 10-31-2003, 11:19 AM   #4
Shaved &/or Laid
4th Gear

heh. Girlfriends are hard to come by
Old 10-31-2003, 02:10 PM   #5
spoogenet

Yeah, a "best friend" shouldn't let anything come between the friendship.

It's understandable at the very start of a new relationship, though. During the initial lust phase it can be real hard to want to spend time with anybody but that person, but you've gotta make time for friends.

Back in HS my best friend always had a g/f, or so it seemed, but it never kept us from being best friends and hanging out a lot. Sure I went and did a lot of things with both of them, but I never felt like a 3rd wheel or anything of the sort.

I don't like people who are your best friend while single then ignore you while in a relationship. When they're single again they always just wanna come back like nothing happened.

b
Old 10-31-2003, 03:54 PM   #6
MAXed Out
6th Gear

yeah u shouldn't **** friends over for girl man. Like Eminem said "Bitches they come they go".
1997 Maxima SE 5spd, Stillen Body Kit, Warpspeed Y & B pipes, Magnaflow Muffler, Koni Yellows & Tein S-tech springs, JVC Headunit, Directed 7" in dash screen,Stillen Intake, red/clear tail lights, AE mod, Paceseter STS, EL-Glow Gauges, Clutchmasters FX300 Clutch, rebuilt tranny, 19" Mille Miglia Evo 5's with Pirelli Pzero's(summer), 18" Hp D-10 hyper silver wrapped in Goodyear ultra HPR, SPW front strut bar, Helios 7000k HID, Motostorm UDP, Viper 5000Vx alarm, 2 12" PowerClass 124 subs, Kenwood 1200 Watt amp, DVD Changer
MAXed Out is offline   Reply With Quote