Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-28-2003, 11:48 AM   #1
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

Since were on the subject of fat....

Does it bother you that some obese people are trying to claim that as a disability? It really bothers me.
Here's why.
Ok so there is some actually handicap'd person that needs the handicap parking spot. But no. A person that has eating nothing but garbage and been lazy their whole life get's it.
Like I stated in my post before. If your overweight becaues of medical reasons and no matter what you can't lose weight. Hey I can understand that. But if your overweight because your lazy, watch TV all day long, and eat shitty foods, and then you want to claim that as a disability. I don't think so. I go to the gym probably 4-7 times a week. I've played hockey all my life, I DON'T eat deep fried foods, I have a salad and veggies and fruit every day. Plus I make sure to eat chicken with no fat, light yogurt, light salad dressings, light everything. I don't smoke, I don't drink that much anymore, I don't drink pop or coffee or tea, or anything with caffieene for that matter.
It just bothers me that people are trying to make laziness and a shitty lifestyle a disability. I'm not talking abotu just a little overweight either. I'm talking about obese as hell.
Does it bother you.

This post is in no way to offend anybody. If I did offend you. I'm sorry. I was just curious to see what everybody else thought.

The epitome of stupidity is expressed so fluidly with the shity lyric theory you try to spit at me.

I CAN'T WAIT FOR SUMMER!!!
KwikR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2003, 11:52 AM   #2
Wren57

Yes, it does bother me. I think overweight people should be forced to park FAR away from the store so that when they swing their doors open 5' to squeeze their fat ass out they don't ram their door into another car, and so they get some excercise walking to the store.
Old 10-28-2003, 11:55 AM   #3
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

yeah thanks for the door ding you fat bastard. That's happend to me.

There are some gurls around here that are a little bit bigger then "average" and I sitll find them sexy as all hell.

The epitome of stupidity is expressed so fluidly with the shity lyric theory you try to spit at me.

Old 10-28-2003, 12:34 PM   #4
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

fat is not a disability...its fat
I hate that too
eat less/eat healthy, exercise, maintain

i dont get it
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2003, 01:37 PM   #5
spoogenet

Everything is a disability now in America. People are unwilling to take responsibility for their own actions, hence the birth of a "pill culture" as I like to call it.

The interesting thing is that, for the first time in over a decade, the average American weight has gone down. However the number of severely obese people has risen dramatically.

b
Old 10-28-2003, 02:34 PM   #6
MAXed Out
6th Gear

Quote:
Originally posted by Black Del Sol
yeah thanks for the door ding you fat bastard. That's happend to me.

There are some gurls around here that are a little bit bigger then "average" and I sitll find them sexy as all hell.

yeah some of them but some are ****ing big and they act all sexy and shit and i usually call them Wilder Beasts but yeah for the cunkyer girls u know what we say "More cushin for the pushin".
1997 Maxima SE 5spd, Stillen Body Kit, Warpspeed Y & B pipes, Magnaflow Muffler, Koni Yellows & Tein S-tech springs, JVC Headunit, Directed 7" in dash screen,Stillen Intake, red/clear tail lights, AE mod, Paceseter STS, EL-Glow Gauges, Clutchmasters FX300 Clutch, rebuilt tranny, 19" Mille Miglia Evo 5's with Pirelli Pzero's(summer), 18" Hp D-10 hyper silver wrapped in Goodyear ultra HPR, SPW front strut bar, Helios 7000k HID, Motostorm UDP, Viper 5000Vx alarm, 2 12" PowerClass 124 subs, Kenwood 1200 Watt amp, DVD Changer
MAXed Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2003, 04:22 PM   #7
pdiggitydogg

theyre working on a pill now (actually its finished awaiting the 'ok') that no matter what you do or eat or whatever, you lose 15% of your body weight

so now those fat lazy people can do even less and get "healthy"...too bad their arteries wont last as long as the rest of themselves
Old 10-28-2003, 07:16 PM   #8
spoogenet

Quote:
Originally posted by Acura_86
yeah some of them but some are ****ing big and they act all sexy and shit and i usually call them Wilder Beasts but yeah for the cunkyer girls u know what we say "More cushin for the pushin".

That reminds me of a Whoopie Goldberg voice on Lion King saying "I'm so hungry I could eat a wildebeast!"

Yeah, I know there's pills. Pill culture man. People want to do the least work possible to get the results they desire.

b
Old 10-28-2003, 10:04 PM   #9
DumbMoFo

"Oprah, it's not the dress that makes you look fat, it's the fat that makes you look fat" - Too bad I don't remember who said it.

Yeah, the FDA is holding up that pill thing. There have been other weight loss drugs which have failed miserably (Xenical for example), and I don't believe that this new drug will get the job done either.
Old 10-28-2003, 10:35 PM   #10
Kyle
elyK

It does bother me, a lot.
I mean, i'm over weight...just a naturally wide person, and i'm working on losing the weight right now by not drinking anymore caffeine, giving up fast foods,not eating bread or tons of carbs, eating a lot more veggies and drinking tons of water. It's lost me 14 pounds so far. And it's not that DAMN HARD!!!
And i know i'd lose more weight if i worked out everyonce in a while...but to be quite honest with you...i don't want to..
I know if i can lose the damn weight..anyone can, Americans are turning into a bunch of pussies

EXPLORE THE TRUTH
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2003, 05:55 AM   #11
93Honda

the thing that scares me is i'm in high school and i still see boats walking around school. They seem to be getting fatter younger and younger
Old 10-29-2003, 07:42 AM   #12
spoogenet

Obesity and diabetes are at epidemic proportions in America's youth. And of course they're linked. In that case I blame the parents. Parents should never let their kids get fat. It's not like a 12-year-old understands a healthy diet and the importance of exercise.

But ya know, parents are too busy to take the time to spend the necessary time with their children. On top of that, they're too selfish to make sacrifices in their own lives (see "Lack of Time" in previous sentence) to adjust their own eating and exercise habits (among other things) to set a good example for their children.

Hey on diet drugs, don't forget Fen-Phen or whatever the hell it was. What people aren't realizing is that they are most likely replacing one risk with another.

I lost 75 lbs. in about a year. Trust me, if I can do it, anybody can. And no, I didn't use ANY of the diets you hear about on TV, the radio, the paper, etc. It just takes a little discipline and self-motivation to do it. And here I am over 6 months later and the weight is off, and I don't even feel like I'm really trying to keep my weight down right now, I feel like I'm just eating normally, etc.

b
Old 10-29-2003, 08:21 AM   #13
VR4_Craver
Banned

Quote:

the geekz0r (11:03:46 PM): basicly, look at it this way...the 6speed is the same is the 5speed in 2,3,4,5,and 6...only the speeds are different because of the fd
the geekz0r (11:04:16 PM): so 2nd pulls like 1st in the 5speed, 3rd is like 2nd, etc.
PortugeeTex (11:04:26 PM): so whats 1st like then?
the geekz0r (11:04:49 PM): 1st is like hitting a cheeta in the ass with a tazer
PortugeeTex (11:04:53 PM): lmfao
VR4_Craver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2003, 01:25 PM   #14
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

Quote:
Originally posted by VR4_Craver

yeah laugh away.
I'm not talking about fat...or chunky for that matter...I think it's gross...Just...i don't know how to describe it...

Old 10-29-2003, 01:30 PM   #15
HndaTch627

it pisses me off because a healthy single 23 year old is paying damn near $1500/year for health insurance.....gah!
Old 10-29-2003, 02:07 PM   #16
guywithastang

Quote:
yeah laugh away.
I'm not talking about fat...or chunky for that matter...I think it's gross...Just...i don't know how to describe it...

curves

You say VTEC, I say V-8
guywithastang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2003, 03:16 PM   #17
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

Quote:
Originally posted by guywithastang
curves

yeah man....exactly!
thanx

Old 10-29-2003, 06:50 PM   #18
DsBlu01CivEX

I used to be a little bit on the "curvy" side when I was in middle school and early high school. I was only about 10 lbs overweight for my height and structure...but I knew I wasn't happy with how I was and I didn't want to end up like everyone else in my family. I ended up loosing about 20-25 lbs my jr and sr yr of high school. I kept most of it off too. But ironically enough I'm still underweight for my height.

It really pisses me off that people are now trying to sue fast food restaurants and what not for them being fat. This is just obsurd in my mind. The restaurants sure are making the food...but guess what YOU DON'T have to eat it!!!! Stupid @ss people think that just because it's fast that's the only food they can eat. Dam it go to the grocery store and make yourself a salad. Most of them now a days have a salad bar. You're payin what $2.99 (at least that's what it is here) for a POUND of salad. That's cheaper than a meal at a fast food place, a hell of a lot healthier, and I'm pretty sure that a serving size of a salad is less than a pound. These people just need to learn self control and sacrifice. They can definitely loose weight by cutting those things out and eating the correct portions of their food and not having to exercise. Exercise just gives you the stamina and "shape" that you're looking for.

But to put it simply yes it does piss me off!

http://www.myspace.com/kenike
DsBlu01CivEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2003, 07:43 PM   #19
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Re: Since were on the subject of fat....

Quote:
Does it bother you that some obese people are trying to claim that as a disability? It really bothers me.
Here's why.
Ok so there is some actually handicap'd person that needs the handicap parking spot. But no. A person that has eating nothing but garbage and been lazy their whole life get's it.
Like I stated in my post before. If your overweight becaues of medical reasons and no matter what you can't lose weight. Hey I can understand that. But if your overweight because your lazy, watch TV all day long, and eat shitty foods, and then you want to claim that as a disability. I don't think so. I go to the gym probably 4-7 times a week. I've played hockey all my life, I DON'T eat deep fried foods, I have a salad and veggies and fruit every day. Plus I make sure to eat chicken with no fat, light yogurt, light salad dressings, light everything. I don't smoke, I don't drink that much anymore, I don't drink pop or coffee or tea, or anything with caffieene for that matter.
It just bothers me that people are trying to make laziness and a shitty lifestyle a disability. I'm not talking abotu just a little overweight either. I'm talking about obese as hell.
Does it bother you.

This post is in no way to offend anybody. If I did offend you. I'm sorry. I was just curious to see what everybody else thought.

Yeah...this one hits close to home for me. I, myself, am just this side of parking in the blue zone. I have to use my left leg/foot to steer and it gets a bit taxing on my muscles for a bit unless it's a really short trip. My license actually lists "mechanical aid" right next to "correctional lenses" and the f@ckers at the DOT say I don't qualify for the handicapped parking. That doesn't bother me so much...there are other people who need it more and if I can still walk then I should, but when I see some fat f@ckin tub of shit squeeze their way out of their car and waddle their way into a building I want to key the f@k out of their car, chase them down (cuz let's face it...they ain't gettin away) and beat them to death with their own shoes. There are a few people who actually can't help it (hypothyroidism cases, lymphodema, etc.) but that's such a small fraction of these beached whales that it's pathetic. If I'm not going to pitch a fit that I don't get a blue zone pass then these ginormous freak show applicants can walk some of that fat off. It's hard on your knees? LOSE WEIGHT. You get winded? So do I but I smoke...do I get a handicrapper space cuz I smoke? Basically these people are no better than the people who park in those spots who do it to get into a place of business quicker. F@ck em all.

Sidebar: This also applies to fat people who use motorized scooters. If you're so fat that you have trouble walking, the solution is NOT buying something that makes you work less. Now I've seen they also have couches for fat people. Again, if your ass is so big you won't fit onto your couch, the solution is NOT a bigger couch.
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2003, 08:08 PM   #20
DsBlu01CivEX

I noticed something when I worked at McDonalds durning high school at the drive thru window.....why is it that fat people drive Geo Metros and like cars????? And why is it that they get the #4 (double 1/4 lber with cheese) supersized with a DIET coke???? Do they seriously think that that diet coke minuses out the 1/2 lb of meat and the 4 servings of fat drenched fries???? dumb@sses!

Old 10-29-2003, 09:07 PM   #21
pdiggitydogg

Quote:
Originally posted by PDiggs
...aptly tricky McDonalds (tricky because we all know how they con us, we the belligerent people of America, into eating fatty foods, which, for unknown reasons, cause people to become overweight…)
Old 10-30-2003, 07:57 AM   #22
spoogenet

Quote:
Originally posted by DsBlu01CivEX
I noticed something when I worked at McDonalds durning high school at the drive thru window.....why is it that fat people drive Geo Metros and like cars????? And why is it that they get the #4 (double 1/4 lber with cheese) supersized with a DIET coke???? Do they seriously think that that diet coke minuses out the 1/2 lb of meat and the 4 servings of fat drenched fries???? dumb@sses!

Because they spend so much on food they can't afford a bigger car.

I remember a case with a fat ass suing an airline for wanting to charge 2 tickets. The argument was that he's 1 person, so only should pay 1 ticket. I'm thinking.....if you eat as much as 2 people, and have an ass as wide as 2 people, and take 2 seats on the airplane.....YOU'RE 2 PEOPLE!

"It's descrimination!" Ha, right.....it's descrimination against lazy ass fat people who can't be bothered to exercise or watch what they eat, and cost us ALL money in healthcare costs for something they could easily avoid.

b
Old 10-30-2003, 09:18 AM   #23
Whiteclipse99
4th Gear

Quote:
Originally posted by guywithastang
curves

Ugh! I hate them! Try shopping for a pair of jeans with me! Trust me...you don't want to!

I'm not overweight by any means, but having curves is a pain in my ass.....and my ass, oh!, don't even get me started on that!

And my views on overweight people are pretty much the same as what has already been posted. I understand that obesity in some cases is hereditary, but they can still do something about it. Come on, you see success stories all the time! Gee, who would have thought some good old exercise and a healthy diet would do the trick.
Old 10-30-2003, 10:58 AM   #24
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

Quote:
Originally posted by Whiteclipse99

And my views on overweight people are pretty much the same as what has already been posted. I understand that obesity in some cases is hereditary, but they can still do something about it. Come on, you see success stories all the time! Gee, who would have thought some good old exercise and a healthy diet would do the trick.

I see success stories everyday at the gym...I see people that have been going to the same gym day after day after day and losing the pounds. Some of these people seriously are starting to look ****ing good. It's amazing. And my hat goes off to them.

Old 10-30-2003, 11:32 AM   #25
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

i totally agree with what's been said earlier regarding the overweigh pp, but let's remember it's not totally their fault for getting that overweight. most of the meats here are genetically engineered, as i see it. they inject hormones or whatever in the chikens, beef, pork and i think that is one of the causes the people get overweight. When i was back in romania i used to be in the fridge all day, and going only for the meats, especially pork, but i never gained one pound of weight. i was still underweight for my age and height. My dad used to joke about it that i eat a lot but my skin doesn't strech so i can look fat. After i came to the US i started watching what i eat, and i am still a bit underweight for my age, and height, and i hope i can keep it that way. I don't want a heavy car

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2003, 01:15 PM   #26
spoogenet

I dunno if I'd just blame it on meats.

I do feel the food industry is partially to blame for some of this. The problem is a circular one, though. People want better tasting food, and often times better tasting food is also worse for you.

Since I started reading food labels, sometimes I'm amazed at just how much bad stuff goes into some things. Seemingly healthy products on the surface are actually laden with bad things.

The low-fat version is just higher in sugar content, or made with trans-fats which aren't reported until recently. The Healthy Choice isn't healthy at all. High in sodium, especially, and other types of bad things like MSG.

Consumers want it, so food companies produce it. Food companies produce it, so people buy it and eat it. And it continues.

It doesn't help that companies are mass-marketing unhealthy foods toward the children or their parents. Bagel bites, etc. Those things aren't healthy at all, however they're pumped in lots of TV commercials as "mom go buy this if you wanna be a good mother!" And these Lunchables things, or whatever they are. Pizza sticks with a soda. How in the world is that healthy? It's ridiculous.

On top of that schools, feeling the financial pinch, are adding vending machines with sodas and candy bars in their hallways. Lunch for some students becomes a Snickers and a Coke. Schools used to offer up somewhat nutritious albeit bad-tasting food in the cafeterias, and now it's just junk in the hallways. What do you think the student will pick? And the schools know it, $$$$$ is all they see.

b
Old 10-30-2003, 01:40 PM   #27
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
Originally posted by Whiteclipse99
Ugh! I hate them! Try shopping for a pair of jeans with me! Trust me...you don't want to!

I'm not overweight by any means, but having curves is a pain in my ass.....and my ass, oh!, don't even get me started on that!

Trust me...us men appreciate your sacrifices...curves on women are great...provided they're in the right places . As for jean shopping....I can actually relate. Since I do alot of work with my legs I have fairly large calf and thigh muscles. Last time I had my waist measured I had a 38" waist but all my jeans are like 42s. But some 42s fit and some don't. It's a total PITA. I used to be able to go out and buy whatever size I was and it would fit. Now I just look like I can't figure out how to buy clothes.

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Old 10-30-2003, 04:25 PM   #28
spoogenet

Quote:
Originally posted by GT40FIED
Trust me...us men appreciate your sacrifices...curves on women are great...provided they're in the right places . As for jean shopping....I can actually relate. Since I do alot of work with my legs I have fairly large calf and thigh muscles. Last time I had my waist measured I had a 38" waist but all my jeans are like 42s. But some 42s fit and some don't. It's a total PITA. I used to be able to go out and buy whatever size I was and it would fit. Now I just look like I can't figure out how to buy clothes.

Yeah I hear that. I end up buying baggy jeans so I have room for my thighs. All my muscle is in my legs.

Yeah, and guys really like curves on women in the right places. It's unfortunate if the jeans aren't cut for the curves. But I see a lot of curvaceous women wearing nice jeans that seem to accentuate them.....so maybe you're just lookin for the wrong jeans?

b
Old 10-30-2003, 11:42 PM   #29
mylittlecivic

people are lazy nowdays they dont want to do anything they dont feel like doing, and alot of people feel like doing nothing plus all the food in this country is fatty kingdom i think people need to excercise alot more. I'm a litte overweight but im not sexy, just pale

Quote:
Originally posted by KwikR6 but..what do i know..i'm drunk...

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisCantSkate
.."Fer crissakes, Paddy, that's yer air freshener!"
Quote:
Originally posted by KwikR6
I'm not white. I'm Canadian.
mylittlecivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2003, 11:51 PM   #30
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Not to be crass or rude or sexist, etc., etc., but I'd hit it. So in short I disagree. But hey...that's me...a man of contradictions.

Old 10-31-2003, 10:47 AM   #31
drdingo21

Quote:
Originally posted by mylittlecivic
people are lazy nowdays they dont want to do anything they dont feel like doing, and alot of people feel like doing nothing plus all the food in this country is fatty kingdom i think people need to excercise alot more. I'm a litte overweight but im not sexy, just pale
You are not overweight. And you don't look near as bad as your giving youself credit for.

Although you are pale. My eyes!!! the glare is too much!

Sorry, had to do it
drdingo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2003, 11:24 AM   #32
Whiteclipse99
4th Gear

Anna I'm so jealous....you have a chest! I wish I was bigger in that department. I'm not so fortunate. It's no fun having curves if your chest is lacking! I definitely have what they call a "pear shape". Small chest and waist, then bam!, hips and butt.

Last edited by Whiteclipse99 : 10-31-2003 at 11:38 AM.
Whiteclipse99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2003, 12:39 PM   #33
DsBlu01CivEX

Geez...girls are so damn hard on ourselves. I know first hand that there is NOTHING wrong with Erin's body....and I'm sure if I met Anna in person, I'd think the same about her. Ya both are gorgeous girls and have great personalities....so stop beating yourselves up and have some confidence.

OH and as for the jeans shopping with Erin....NEVER do it. You want something that makes you want to beat your head against every wall you see...that'll do it! I've had to learn the hard way!!!! And then she gives me crap because I can walk up to a rack of jeans pick up my size, not try them on, and they fit like a glove. I can't help that.

Old 10-31-2003, 02:20 PM   #34
spoogenet

"There's no such thing as a too big butt, you've got to have something to grab onto. It's like the handlebars of the bicycle, without this it makes it very hard to ride."

Curves are good. More than a handful up-top can go to waste, but nothin wrong with it either.

You ladies sure are hard on yourselves.

I think you're just trawling along for more compliments again.

Well I give ya all a big with 2 snaps and a

b
Old 10-31-2003, 09:18 PM   #35
pimpinprelude

"Oprah, it's not the dress that makes you look fat, it's the fat that makes you look fat" - Too bad I don't remember who said it.

man oprah is so fat she has to ware 2 wigs.. geez stuped fat lazy americans......
pimpinprelude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2003, 03:15 AM   #36
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

I'm (as per usual) with Spooge on this one. You ladies (in fact, most ladies) are being far too hard on yourselves. Remember...you don't live on TV and there are a TON of guys (like spooge and myself) who like women with some meat on them. Call it curvy or thick or whatever you want, it's HOT. I don't want some skeleton looking ***** trying to hook up with me...I'd be too scared she'd break if we had sex. If you think about it, the old "36 24 36" thing is all about curvy women...albeit rather skinny curvy women. So bring on the curves ladies! And quit being so motherf@cking hard on yourselves.

Old 11-01-2003, 03:53 AM   #37
pbateson

Anna,

You are not fat. Just a meduim size. Make sure try to lose weight and eat the low fat meal. Don't eat F-fires or high-fat meal too much, nor you workout in fitness centre.