.:HSTuners::

::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-22-2003, 07:04 PM   #41
pimpinprelude

its obvius* that we dont beleve in the some stuff (well some of us do), but lets just get back to the cars! plz just stop all this...the only thing we are doing is making ppl pissed at each other.......... NOW BACK TO THE CARS
pimpinprelude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2003, 07:14 PM   #42
OPAKRACING

CARS!! I LOVE CARS!! Mmmmm, Engines....gotta love that shizzle y0!
Old 04-22-2003, 08:46 PM   #43
pimpinprelude

hahahah fooo shiizzzle lol
Old 04-22-2003, 08:57 PM   #44
Kyle
elyK

thisis the off topic forum...

EXPLORE THE TRUTH
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2003, 09:33 PM   #45
zm_dawg

dumb dumb......OPAK.....readin the bible before bed....when your 5 doesn't play much of a role....in your life right now....do you believe in god or your religion cause you've done the research to say this is what i wanna believe in or just cause your parents put it in front of you day in and out.....maybe you should study it and see if you follow and believe in everything it says before you start saying this and that....all your comments are very general saying god wouldn't let this happen if he didn't want to....people believe in shit just to believe and feel better about themselves and until you know you agree with everything stated through the bible and gospels and everything else you may be that person..
I gotta a straight question: Can people just die and be dead in a grave or does something have to happen to them?

Pot....this is useless.....some of the most successful people in every city across the world smoke pot...it doesn't make one person bad for doing this...sure it can get the best of you...but the people that happens to aren't prolly straight to begin with....if you can't control yourself and do what ya wanna and fall into this big i need this now or i'm useless....well thats who they are....but thats not everyone who smokes pot
Old 04-22-2003, 10:28 PM   #46
OPAKRACING

Quote:
Originally posted by zm_dawg
dumb dumb......OPAK.....readin the bible before bed....when your 5 doesn't play much of a role....in your life right now....do you believe in god or your religion cause you've done the research to say this is what i wanna believe in or just cause your parents put it in front of you day in and out.....maybe you should study it and see if you follow and believe in everything it says before you start saying this and that....all your comments are very general saying god wouldn't let this happen if he didn't want to....people believe in shit just to believe and feel better about themselves and until you know you agree with everything stated through the bible and gospels and everything else you may be that person..
I gotta a straight question: Can people just die and be dead in a grave or does something have to happen to them?

Pot....this is useless.....some of the most successful people in every city across the world smoke pot...it doesn't make one person bad for doing this...sure it can get the best of you...but the people that happens to aren't prolly straight to begin with....if you can't control yourself and do what ya wanna and fall into this big i need this now or i'm useless....well thats who they are....but thats not everyone who smokes pot

...MMM!! CARSS!!! ENGINESS!!! ...... hehe
Old 04-22-2003, 11:53 PM   #47
nonovurbizniz

Ya I agree... but opak I'm just trying to understand how you (and many other "christians") believe that god interviens... One of the major tenants of christianity is the faith in the second coming of jesus and in turn the judgement day... I mean I know it's a gloomy corner that most churches don't talk about but you can't really get any clearer then revalations... I mean.. it's up to mankind to make it's decisions then god judges us on our works... If you were bad you go to H E double hockey sticks and if not you go to heaven to party w/ jesus and the trinity yo!.

God was only an interactive game in the first testiment.

P.S.. cars.... etc.
Old 04-22-2003, 11:56 PM   #48
OPAKRACING

Quote:
Originally posted by nonovurbizniz
Ya I agree... but opak I'm just trying to understand how you (and many other "christians") believe that god interviens... One of the major tenants of christianity is the faith in the second coming of jesus and in turn the judgement day... I mean I know it's a gloomy corner that most churches don't talk about but you can't really get any clearer then revalations... I mean.. it's up to mankind to make it's decisions then god judges us on our works... If you were bad you go to H E double hockey sticks and if not you go to heaven to party w/ jesus and the trinity yo!.

God was only an interactive game in the first testiment.

P.S.. cars.... etc.

GOd interveins all through the bible. My church consentrate a lot on revelations and end times.

enough.

Skyline...Mmmm, cream....
Old 04-23-2003, 03:16 AM   #49
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

A church that focuses on the book of revelations and "end times" as you call them lends a bit of insight into why you're so dug in as far as religion goes. Churches that focus on revelations almost always breed a fairly devout (read: fundamental and sometimes radical) following of staunch conservatives. There's a guy around here (actually in Witchita and Topeka)...perhaps you've heard of him, Fred Phelps...who consentrates almost entirely on the book of revelations (the seven seals, the four horsemen, judgement day, etc.). He also pickets funerals of AIDS patients and uses the word "***got" like it's going out of style. He sadly has quite a following. I truely believe that if there is a god, he hates Fred Phelps. Bottom line, people who focus so much on revelations are generally fairly militant and much more likely to believe that the rest of the world who doesn't believe in the "good" christian way is lost to hell. Let me tell you man...there are tons of other books in the bible that aren't nearly as depressing and angry. Just steer clear of the book of Job and the book of revelations and the sermons will be loads better. Actually...screw it...church is a waste of time. Worship on your own time...you don't need some douche bag preacher on his soapbox telling you what makes a good and decent human being. Everyone knows what a good person is regardless of religion so why wake up early on the weekend and let some child molester preach morals to you?

Cars...yeah...where's my '00 Cobra R?
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2003, 05:34 AM   #50
Gator

Quote:

Did jesus ask mary magdaline to stop whoring or did he wash her feet?
She washed His feet with her tears. It was her belief in and love for Christ that saved her from her sins.

Quote:

JESUS FASTED FOR 44 DAY IN ORDER TO STIMULATE HALUCINATIONS.... great no drugs same reaction. So silver here likes to take the easy (and safer) route.

"Then was Jesus led up of the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted of the devil. And when he had fasted forty days and forty nights, he was afterward an hungered..." (Mat 4:1-2)

Christ spent forty days in the wilderness in complete obedience to the commandments.

Quote:
OMG... wow.

If I offended you by asserting that jesus' interaction with the devil was nothing more than the represention of every man's personal struggle with the devil within (the only TRUE devil) then I'm sorry...

Believing in something for the sake of believing or to make your family happy or for fear of godly repercusions is just ignorant imo. You can live by every word in the bible and never have to believe any of it...

Incidentally the bible as we read it is a falsity anyway... if you don't realize that it has been changed time and time again and is missing entire gospels then you really don't have any clue about your own religion... There's more to the bible then what king james wanted included.

God is you and me and everyone and everything you ARE gods son/daughter just as I am... that's how I see jesus' message anyway.

To say that the bible is a falsity is to say that we are greater than God. Do you think that God doesn't have the power to ensure his written word is kept accurate? The thing is, that people don't like some of the standards that God holds us accountable to, so they start to pick the Bible apart and say "oh, that was misinterpreted, but this part is okay... no, that can't be right, it must have been written down wrong". You can't pick and choose here people. The Bible is God's word completely. God is never changing. Unfortunately the morality in our society is changing and we basically want to be able to do whatever we want and feel justified in doing so.

I'm not pointing these things out to start a fight and do not mean to come across as a jerk, but it seems to me that you have a gross misunderstanding of the bible. You should consider attending some type of religious education classes and get a proper perspective.
Old 04-23-2003, 08:38 AM   #51
nonovurbizniz

DUDE...

the word JAHOVAH is a FALSITY... A MIS TRANS LATION FROM THE ORIGINAL TEXT Just one of MILLIONS of flaws in the christian bible..... KING JAMES HAD MONKS CHANGE THE BIBLE During it's translation... it's documented... that is why they are MARKED "KING JAMES VERSION"

there ARE in fact CHRISTIANS' in egypt who still read and worship the more complete ORIGINAL bible... sorry dude I may have been wrong about jesus washing mary's feet (doesn't change that he openly hung out with sinners and acccepted them and loved them because the were ALL GODS children.)... People like you who think GOD is sitting there controlling everything are just blind... explain suffering then... good people suffer... bad people prosper... (oh that's right god's actively testing them right??).

screw cars I'm pissed now... j/k... cars (i swear that's my last post on this (maybe)).
Old 04-23-2003, 09:44 AM   #52
SolPol

NonUv man, H E double hockey sticks? LMAO

And for anyone wanting some interesting fiction on end times, try the Left Behind series of books. Very interesting stuff.
Old 04-23-2003, 11:39 AM   #53
nonovurbizniz

don't accept the mark...

http://www.av1611.org/666/
Old 04-23-2003, 12:33 PM   #54
SolPol

You read them? I finished book 11 a couple weeks ago. I tell ya, I blow through those in under a week.
Old 04-23-2003, 09:01 PM   #55
pimpinprelude

yup i read those too.......
Old 04-23-2003, 09:36 PM   #56
OPAKRACING

Quote:
Originally posted by Gator
She washed His feet with her tears. It was her belief in and love for Christ that saved her from her sins.

"Then was Jesus led up of the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted of the devil. And when he had fasted forty days and forty nights, he was afterward an hungered..." (Mat 4:1-2)

Chris spent forty days in the wilderness in complete obedience to the commandments.

To say that the bible is a falsity is to say that we are greater than God. Do you think that God doesn't have the power to ensure his written word is kept accurate? The thing is, that people don't like some of the standards that God holds us accountable to, so they start to pick the Bible apart and say "oh, that was misinterpreted, but this part is okay... no, that can't be right, it must have been written down wrong". You can't pick and choose here people. The Bible is God's word completely. God is never changing. Unfortunately the morality in our society is changing and we basically want to be able to do whatever we want and feel justified in doing so.

I'm not pointing these things out to start a fight and do not mean to come across as a jerk, but it seems to me that you have a gross misunderstanding of the bible. You should consider attending some type of religious education classes and get a proper perspective. [/b]

Amen Botha!
Old 04-23-2003, 09:37 PM   #57
OPAKRACING

Quote:
DUDE...

the word JAHOVAH is a FALSITY... A MIS TRANS LATION FROM THE ORIGINAL TEXT Just one of MILLIONS of flaws in the christian bible..... KING JAMES HAD MONKS CHANGE THE BIBLE During it's translation... it's documented... that is why they are MARKED "KING JAMES VERSION"

there ARE in fact CHRISTIANS' in egypt who still read and worship the more complete ORIGINAL bible... sorry dude I may have been wrong about jesus washing mary's feet (doesn't change that he openly hung out with sinners and acccepted them and loved them because the were ALL GODS children.)... People like you who think GOD is sitting there controlling everything are just blind... explain suffering then... good people suffer... bad people prosper... (oh that's right god's actively testing them right??).

screw cars I'm pissed now... j/k... cars (i swear that's my last post on this (maybe)).

ROFL!