::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > High Performance > Turbo
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-28-2001, 11:28 PM   #1
Ex-Tdo4

Turbo XS Manual Boost COntroller

Well, i just installed it today, holds boost good, i went from the Greddy setting of 5.5 to about 7.5, and yeah i can feel i significant difference, the turbo spools louder and it gets to max boost quicker than b4. The only complaint i have is that the adjustment of boost is kinda hard to do, there's two notches you have to turn with the alan wrench provided, but gettin the desired boost level takes time and pretty much raggin out your car to see where boost level is. Does anyone have the Turbo XS manual boost controller??? if so... can you tell me if the notches to turn with the alan wrench is really soft to turn? cuz mine is, seems so soft to turn that it might just turn on its own and thats what im scared of. Overall, i like it, my car still runs rich at 7.5 lbs, but im hoping my stock fuel pump can handle it. TIming is still stock also, think imma retard it a lil bit. K, just wanna share a lil some'n some'n with you turbo racers, sup Clowny, sup THermal, and every1 else that i haven't heard from in awhile.. kinda slow here eh?
Old 11-29-2001, 08:27 AM   #2
xbird

i know i am not answering ur question :P
but i saw ur website, and saw ur engine bay picture..
i saw u have hooked up ur BOV to ur vacuum to the fpr, right?
what kind of tee are u using?? where did u buy it??
i can't find that kind of stuff.. mine s freaking big.. and it looks ugly... where did u get it?? let me know plz

or send me back email @ ywcheung@home.com
thanks
Old 11-29-2001, 09:01 AM   #3
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Ex-Tdo4

Which exedy clutch do you have? Do you like it? I have one sitting at home in a box that I havent had time to install yet.
Old 11-29-2001, 05:25 PM   #4
Ex-Tdo4

Xbird & Racing Rice

Xbird: the shop that i had weld the BOV on installed it for me included the tee. Im pretty sure you can find it at any auto parts store. I've seen tees there b4. Just ask them for any vacuum tee and they should show you where to look. As for the BOV being hooked up to the FPR, thats incorrect, its just actually hooked up to the vacuum line that goes to my intake manifold. You have to tee it off because when the BOV senses vacuum, it'll blow off. Otherwise it wouldnt work just sitting there with no vacuum line attached to it. Thats a myth that some ppl think a BOV will work regardless if the vac. line is hooked up or not. About the tee, just measure your vacuum line or just take it off; anyone attached to the intake manifold and take it to any autoparts store and they'll give you the correct size for the tee you need to buy, so you don't have to play guessing games and buy a whole bunch of different size tees. Or go to a import shop they might have metric size tees, cuz i remember the last time i went to look for tees in like Autozone or O' Reily, they didn't really have the size i was looking for, they were all too big.

Racing Rice: I have the street one, it handles only up to like 350HP, it feels a lil harder than stock but grabs really good on the top end, i get 3rd gear chirps still, and i've been really hard on it for like 3 months, in my opinion, i like it, its made brand new, rather than rebuilt like ACT, hope that helps.
Old 11-29-2001, 07:35 PM   #5
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Re: Xbird & Racing Rice

Quote:
Originally posted by Ex-Tdo4
Racing Rice: I have the street one, it handles only up to like 350HP, it feels a lil harder than stock but grabs really good on the top end, i get 3rd gear chirps still, and i've been really hard on it for like 3 months, in my opinion, i like it, its made brand new, rather than rebuilt like ACT, hope that helps.

Thanks for the reply.
Do you know if its The organic, or ceramic one? I have the organic one. I cant wait to put it in, Just havent had the time..
Old 11-29-2001, 08:20 PM   #6
xbird

thanks for the reply...
i livein canada, it's hard to find import stores, here....
all we have is like CANADIAN tire.. which sucks ! i am not canadian ! hehe...
so... and i really don't know where to find it...
thanks
Old 11-29-2001, 09:26 PM   #7
ajn

ACT's clutches are rebuilt??!!

I think I am going to be sick!
Old 11-29-2001, 11:48 PM   #8
Ex-Tdo4

yep

ACT rebuilds Honda and acura clutches to match the performance of high performance modifications such as nitrous or turbo, don't get me wrong, they're good clutches, i have friends that have ACT clutches and the performance of them are pretty good, grabs good, i would just rather pay a lil more for something that is brand new. =).... oh, yeah mine is organic,,, when you asked me what kinda of Exedy clutch i have, i forgot, its been awhile, but yeah its organic, i got it at Groupbuycenter for like 305.00, its the street version.
Old 11-29-2001, 11:56 PM   #9
xbird

BTW, when u said u have a shop to weld on the BOV for you, was ur turbo installed already?? ur intake pipe was inthe car alredy? how do they install it like that?? if u drill a hole to the pipe, u will end up having metal slices inside the pipe, right?? well.. how did they do it?? just curious... i am going to install itbefore i install the turbo
Old 11-30-2001, 04:12 PM   #10
Ex-Tdo4

Installing a BOV

yeah i had my turbo on my car already then i had the BOV put on, i would've done it the other way around, but the flange for the BOV came in a lil late, so i was driving around with no BOV for awhile; about one week. BUt whe you get the BOV put on, you're suppose to take off your intake pipe which is also called the charge pipe and yes they will have to put a hole in it to fit the flange. Do you have a flange yet?? If not, then you'll need one, a metal one, don't get the aluminum one, cuz it WILL NOT weld to your steel piping. Yes, there will be metal shavings inside your pipe, but you can blow it out with an air gun, thats why you have to take the pipe off to install the BOV, that is a MUST. If not metal shavings will go into your intake manifold and eventually into the motor itself, and cause mad havoc!!!!!!!!!!! hope that helps, later
Old 11-30-2001, 05:05 PM   #11
xbird

oh ok.. damn.. i hope i did get the metl flange... that is the cheaper one, right??

anyways, i am waiting for the parcel to arrive right now.. my estimates would be here in 2 hours
YAHOOOOO NO MONEY NOW THOUGH
Old 11-30-2001, 07:12 PM   #12
xbird

UPS...

WELL.. **** **** **** **** UPS !!!!

I called them like 2 days ago to see when the pacel is going to arrive, they said they promise it will arrive on thursday.. well.. i was happy that it's arriving so fast....
then.. i called later again to make sure, well. they said there is some delay from the custom, well ok... no problem.. they said it will arrive on FRIDAY... well.still ok !
now.. today is friday.. i called two times in ther morning and afternoon , both of them said it's going to arrive by 8 pm today ! yahooo yeah ! so happy..
i took off from school, didn't go to class, and waiting for the parcel to come...now it's 6 30, i calle dlike 10 mins ago, they said sorry it's not going to arrive today... coz of the cutom blah blah blah...
THIS IS A ****ING JOKE !! I WANT TO GO KICK THEIR ASS NOW !! ****ING UPS ASSSSSSHOLLLLLEEESSS S!!
NOW IT'S GOING TO BE MONDAY.. what the hell can i do in this weekend?? mother ****er... my hope is all gone !!! ***.... I HATE UPS !!! AND I STILL NEED TO PAY THAT MUCH FOR THIS KIND OF SERVICE !! ALL THEY SAID WAS "SORRY" COME SICK MY DICK ! DAMNIT !
Old 12-02-2001, 06:40 PM   #13
Ex-Tdo4

parcel?

maybe im stupid maybe i might call it something else, but what the heck is a parcel???? haha
Old 12-02-2001, 07:01 PM   #14
xbird

parcel = Something wrapped up or packaged; a package.
my parts in a package actually 3 of them
Old 12-26-2001, 05:43 PM   #15
thermal
Banning Machine

daym, my dawg is now boostin' 7.5 psi! u da man ex-td04! i'm thinkin about doing the same using this MBC instead tho:
www.boostvalve.com

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
thermal is offline   Reply With Quote