.:HSTuners::

::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions > Battle of the Sexes
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-02-2003, 04:32 PM   #1
njm92383

Need Some Advice

Ok well to start i have been dating my girlfriend for 8 months now. We both work together and I am always thinking about her. This week I found some things out from some other people.
- About 5 months ago she told this guy at work that she used to think he was cute. A few weeks later he said that he was attracted to her. A month goes by to where he is asking to if they are ever going to hook up. She tells him that it will never happen and she just wants to be friends. Well after that month he needed a ride home so she said she would take him. Well when they get to his house he asks her if they where going to make out. She says to him, "are you willing to throw away everything you have with your girlfriend to be with me one night" and he said yes. She swears that nothing happened and he says the same thing. But there is a difference in their story that he says that they talked about being attracted to each other and that they shouldn't act on it because it would hurt me and his girlfriend.

What i am wanting advice about is weither or not i should believe that nothing happened and just let is slide or be pissed about it and leave her? I am really can't say how i feel because one mintue i am mad and the next hurt and then mad again. Do i really have a reason to be mad?
Old 04-02-2003, 05:43 PM   #2
mt.biker

For some reason this just screams immature relationship... dunno if its just me though.

The question resides more with you then it does with her right now. Do you feel you trust her? if you do then you can only take her at her word, if you dont well theres a bigger issue then her messing around with a guy, and thats trust. Got to have trust for a relationship to work. If theres no trust get out now cause this is just the tip of the iceberg.

Though I have never been in your shoes, I have been on the otherside; her side. When my gf at the time thought I cheated on her when I was on the west coast one xmas, there was nothing I could have told her to calm her down. She thought I had been around with some of the cali girls and just wasn't telling her. This was just a sign of how messed up our relationship was. One because nothing every happened and two though she said she trusted me she really didnt know how to trust me.

There is nothing wrong with your girl being attracted to another man, remember she still comes back to you. If she keeps coming back that means you offer something that good looks simply cant provide. What I dont like is the fact your gf was stupid enough to put herself in a situation, -with a guy that she knew likes her- where something could happen. THats what would be bugging me right now. Out of consideration for the person you're with I wouldn't find myself alone with someone who has admitted they like me and I've admitted i thought they looked cute. Its jsut something better judgement would tell me not to do, it leaves room for questioning and you never want to leave the guy/girl you're seeing room to question your actions.

Remember actions speak louder then words and she could be talking shit. Two people can look at the same event and see two very different things. Dont trust that she didn't mess aorund, get out before your heart is anymore hurt. If you do trust her and something like this happens again, question if your trust resides in the right place.

Hope that was some food for though... speaking of women... and if you can't tell by my sig/info i dont trust most women... word!
Old 04-02-2003, 05:54 PM   #3
njm92383

I think you made me realize what i am questioning in her. The fact that she put herslef in the place to have something happen. Thanks.
Old 04-03-2003, 08:15 AM   #4
spoogenet

What Rob said, word for word.

But it does depend on how serious your relationship is. You merely say you've been "dating" for 8 months, so maybe the relationship isn't that serious to begin with. If you're just dating her, what's to prevent her from dating someone else? If you're more steady with her....well, that's a different story.

b
Old 04-03-2003, 01:23 PM   #5
BlackWolf
La Loba Loca

Were you two "exclusive" in the beginning? This story of hers doesn't sound right.......
Old 04-03-2003, 03:05 PM   #6
njm92383

yeah we were and still are exclusive. And i guess i shouldn't of said dating its steady.
Old 04-03-2003, 05:30 PM   #7
GirlRacer

My take on things is: If you give someone too much rope, they'll hang themselves with it.

*classic quote from the south*
Old 04-14-2003, 03:31 PM   #8
Shot 2 Hel

^ never heard that one
Old 04-14-2003, 04:21 PM   #9
zm_dawg

Quote:
Originally posted by GirlRacer
My take on things is: If you give someone too much rope, they'll hang themselves with it.

*classic quote from the south*

Is this the same "south" where best friends sleep together on a weekly occasion?
Old 04-15-2003, 09:22 AM   #10
SolPol

Quote:
Originally posted by zm_dawg
Is this the same "south" where best friends sleep together on a weekly occasion?

NICE!!!
Old 04-15-2003, 12:17 PM   #11
msvtec14

You girl sounds shady. I would just watch my back a little more. I wouldn't want to get screwed over.
Old 04-28-2003, 10:01 PM   #12
Jeter80

I think that you really gotta reconsider your relatoinship with her...I can not believe that she said these words to him, "are you willing to throw away everything you have with your girlfriend to be with me one night?" Why would she be so eager to know if he would be willing to throw away everything with his girlfriend for one night just to be with her?? I have a boyfriend and if someone physically made a move on me or asked to make a move on me in my presence my reaction would be to run. lol. not to stay there and be like duh would you throw away your relationship for me? I am sorry to be insulting to your girlfriend but that is the truth. Talk to her about what she did!

and i think it was a mistake of her to tell him that she thought he was cute a while back in the first place...
Old 04-29-2003, 04:36 PM   #13
DsBlu01CivEX

what Rob said....good job Rob!

http://www.myspace.com/kenike
DsBlu01CivEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2003, 04:00 PM   #14
mt.biker

Quote:
Originally posted by zm_dawg

Maybe, cause the quote up here in Canada goes like this "Give them just enough rope to hang themselves"

and the 'south' version sounds like a control freaks idea of 'safe'
i wont side track too much... so

Whats up with your girl dude?
Old 05-29-2003, 10:18 PM   #15
gOt TeG

if your gonna be in a relationship you need to have security in it or your gonna eat yourself alive. just learn to trust and get out more and make it so your whole life doesnt revolve around here so that if you need to let go then you will be able to.