.:HSTuners::

::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions > Battle of the Sexes
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-14-2003, 10:29 PM   #1
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

I'm talkin to the wormen here

Alright ladies...here's the deal. I'm through with listening to you women complain about how there's no decent guys and we're all @ssholes. "Why Steve, whatever brought this about?" you may be asking. Ok...I've been playing in a local band (singer/some guitar...band is kind of emo/punk) for the last few years and we've gotten fairly popular around here. We always make time and hang out with the audience and people from the show afterwards and I swear all the other guys in the group get attention from a good number of girls but it's absolutely obvious that they treat women like shit. Let me state right here that I'm by no means into a one night stands or trying to find a girl who thinks being in a band makes me cool...I'm a total dork and I'll admit it to anyone. Some people just happen to like our music. ANYWAY...I feel the to also interject here that I don't exactly look like everyone else. Both of my arms are a bit shorter than most people's and have been from birth BUT I can play guitar better than you, drive a car better, and type faster (I'd post a pic, but it's not exactly something I'm big into advertising. I get enough "wow...you can do 'insert normal everyday function here'?".). But aside from that I fit quite a few of the catagories on your little Cosmo ladies polls and (around most women) I'm a perfect gentleman. So I wanna hear it ladies...are you all just full of shit when you read Cosmo or do you just like complaining when you're single. You all seem more interested in dating leather wearing alcoholics than nice guys. Or perhaps it's that the majority of you are incredibly materialistic. If I'm wrong about any of this, please let me know. I'm totally lost here.
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2003, 11:56 PM   #2
mt.biker

I think this one covers more then a few issues mate. Something I've come to realize over time though, people dont always see the real you. They might never see the real you, and you're going to have to learn to roll with that.

Maybe seeing all these "b!tches" date your band members with lead you to finding the girl who stands out of the crowd. Look past the pretty smiles, cute figures and figure out what you want in a girl; then she if you can find her. There will always been "whores" "b!tches" and women who like bad men, that doesn't mean there isn't a woman out there for you.

Cheer up, I'm in the same boat.. well not quite but close to it..
Old 03-21-2003, 05:09 PM   #3
Shot 2 Hel

we are pretty much all in the same boat, we are losers who have interest in cars.
Old 03-24-2003, 08:47 AM   #4
spoogenet

I think I'll add to the list of guys responding.

I've noticed similar trends in many women and I wonder whether it's just a bad sample or a majority of women.

Here's a few things I like to call fact:

1. Young girls are idiots and like the "bad boys."
2. Some girls take longer than others to mature into women.
3. You'll find more groupies than decent girls at a gig.
4. The kind of girls I like would probably be too shy to talk to me. This is a problem cuz I'm too shy to talk to them.
5. Girls like to b!tch about guys and refer to the bible (Cosmo).
6. Cosmo is full of sh!t and fills girls with this sh!t and ruins some otherwise decent ladies into demanding ill-informed bumbling hopeless romantic fools who think there's credence to what is in Cosmo.

Here's what I notice in many girls.

Girl: Oh I just want a romantic guy who'll be sweet and treat me good.
Girl gets asshole b/f.
Girl: Guys are jerks.
Girl runs into a dorky guy who does something sweet, straight outta the pages of Cosmo, she brands him a dorky nerdy geek stalker guy.
Girlfriend: How romantic.
Girl: How sick, this guy was such a dork.
Girlfriend: You don't think that was romantic?
Girl:
Girl finds another asshold b/f.
Girl: Guys are jerks.

b
Old 03-24-2003, 10:16 AM   #5
mt.biker

amen to that b!! amen!
Old 03-24-2003, 12:06 PM   #6
BlackWolf
La Loba Loca

How old are these women? That does play into a huge role of dating. While it's true that some women do take "longer'" to mature, there are a few young girls that have "old souls" and are more mature than the others. It sounds like these are the type of women you are looking for and given your scene, they should stand out from the crowd like the WOMEN they are, not girls. Just a thought.....
Old 03-24-2003, 03:06 PM   #7
Whiteclipse99
4th Gear

You gentlemen are quite entertaining! Unfortunately I don't have any witty responses to those posted above.

But I must be a rare find if I'm the type of girl who doesn't go after the "bad boy", or complain about guys being hugh jerks or refer to Cosmo as my "all knowing guide to guys". Guess that would be why I'm still single.

And GT40FIED, if it makes you feel any better I'm a dork too. A big "can't talk to guys I like" dork.

Last edited by Whiteclipse99 : 03-24-2003 at 03:15 PM.
Whiteclipse99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2003, 04:00 PM   #8
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
Originally posted by Whiteclipse99
And GT40FIED, if it makes you feel any better I'm a dork too. A big "can't talk to guys I like" dork.

Well...I dunno if I feel any better, but I feel your pain. Actually, talking to people isn't my problem. That's the great thing I discovered a few years ago about after parties. Most of the people wouldn't be there if they didn't enjoy the show, so it's a bit of a confidence booster. As for the age of these girls...some are younger...maybe 18 or so but most are my age or a year or two older (20-22 or 23). It's really funny to see some of the girls that come though. One girl who's a regular is the sister of one of my friends from work and every time she talks to me it's like she's talking to her older sister's high school boyfriend or something. Such a shame...she's drop dead gorgeous but only 17. Doh! :o

Now as for Cosmo....it's total crap. Women/girls my age (roughly 18-25) should disregard it. I think most of the polls they take are of older women...maybe 26-35 who want different things if they're still single. But I hate seeing sense of humor at the top of every poll they do...total bullshit. For most younger gals is looks first and THEN what's he like. I won't defend guys...most guys are like that as well but we get trashed for it constantly. AHHHHH! Girls drive me f*cking nuts.

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Old 03-24-2003, 07:29 PM   #9
HNDAGRL

If everyone...every male or female was the same it would be easier to understand the opposite sex, but were not the same so I guess thats what makes meeting someone special a challenge.
Old 03-24-2003, 11:29 PM   #10
nonovurbizniz

The only girls who complain and say... guys are such jerks I wish I could find a nice guy.... are attracted to jerks that's why they keep meeting them... they don't REALLY want a nice guy...

I think you problem is follow through or breaking the sexual tension... If you can talk to a girl... like at a party or bar... if she smiles more than she just listens... you could have dated her or at least gotten her number...

You have to keep sex an underlying theme.... not to be dirty or like you just trying to get laid.... but if you don't keep the relationship headed in that direction or at least open to that aspect of normal life you will INSTANTLY be moved into the friend zone. Just make sure she knows you like her for her....butt want her too...

Once a girl thinks "oh he's such a nice guy" she's thinking about curling up with you on the couch watching golden girls (to your dismay) and gossiping about how her leather pant wearing boyfriend gives it to her great but always wants to leave right after...

And just to let you know there ARE girls who are attracted (strongly sexually attracted) to nice guys. If you look the part or seem really sweet to everyone... those girls in the back (wallflowers) who are looking at you with those innocent eyes are wishing beyong ALL wishes that you would dominate and ravish them... believe me I have a REALLY innocent dorky look even though that's not really inline with my personality (well I'm a dork but...not innocent or really all that sweet(maybe at heart but certainly not at mouth)) and girls who I never would have guessed wanted me did... and girls I figured were WAY too innocent to do anything had their pants around there ankles faster than I previously though possible (I know you don't want one night stands or whatever but just cuz the pants come off fast don't mean you don't go back for second etc.)..

My point is that ALL your problems are in YOUR head... if someone says no or rejects you who cares... there are a million more girls out there...

DO NOT APPROACH GIRLS YOU HAVE ALREADY BEEN FRIENDIZED BY.... The post-friend conversion is a move to be held in reverence... not for the beginner.

Just be confident in yourself and make your intensions clear... it's all the conversation that F's up a good chance at a relationship sometimes... there's gotta be the WHOLLY CRAP I WANT HIM too.
Old 03-25-2003, 09:42 PM   #11
Jenny_98eclipse

ok well I must say that it's not only the girls who go for the @ssholes. I have a lot of guy friends who date girls who just don't care about them and use them just for show and tell. I have no idea why these great guys still put up with it when there are so many other girls out there who are really great people. These guys will do anything to keep the girl happy even though she only uses them... please explain why you guys go for these girls?
But for the guys defense I did find this little letter that might add to the topic of discussion... http://www.angelfire.com/vt2/g_hols/Niceguy
Old 03-25-2003, 09:47 PM   #12
mt.biker

that niceguy page... wow every female should be made to read it!
Old 03-25-2003, 11:41 PM   #13
nonovurbizniz

It's pretty simple people want what they can't have.

People also LOVE drama.
Old 03-26-2003, 03:14 AM   #14
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
Originally posted by Jenny_98eclipse
. These guys will do anything to keep the girl happy even though she only uses them... please explain why you guys go for these girls?

Ahhhh...a simple one. Guys like sex. Period.