.:HSTuners::

::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-21-2003, 08:03 PM   #1
cashizslick

Anybody know the specs and 1/4 mile times for police cars???

Anybody know the specs and 1/4 mile times for cop cars (crown vics)? thanks in advance.
Old 01-21-2003, 08:05 PM   #2
mt.biker

1995 Ford Crown Victoria LX

Obtained from C&D April, 1995
0-60: 8.8 Transmission: Automatic
1/4 Mile: 16.8
1/4 Speed: 84
Old 01-21-2003, 08:16 PM   #3
Kyle
elyK

cop cars are dif then regular crown vics...they have dif engines and trans...
yet i have no idea what the specs are.

EXPLORE THE TRUTH
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2003, 08:34 PM   #4
cashizslick

Quote:
Originally posted by mt.biker
1995 Ford Crown Victoria LX

Obtained from C&D April, 1995
0-60: 8.8 Transmission: Automatic
1/4 Mile: 16.8
1/4 Speed: 84

I should probably clarify something, I want the specs for the cars POLICE drive, i bet a cop can drive faster than 16.8 in the 1/4
Old 01-21-2003, 08:36 PM   #5
firstgeardude

Quote:
Originally posted by Kyle
cop cars are dif then regular crown vics...they have dif engines and trans...
yet i have no idea what the specs are.

they arent actually.. they got the same engine.. the police issue comes with steelies, and heavy duty shocks .. well thats my understanding from the cop cars in toronto
Old 01-21-2003, 08:47 PM   #6
TonitrusEN
4th Gear

i know someone with a retired cop car, the only mods he had on it were he repainted it, and took the light off the mirror and he had something like 280hp...

so...

My Baby

Unbelievable...

Quote:
Anonymous: Yea but a car has 4 heads, so it's headers!

Me: Or.. you could say that a car has one head...
TonitrusEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2003, 08:53 PM   #7
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

all the cop cars in michigan are supercharged v8s...and the local camaro SS has nitrous and a tuned engine...that cop likes to show off...he shows kids at the school across the street from me
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2003, 08:54 PM   #8
Kyle
elyK

yeah...they're SC'd V8's here too...i think...
i guess canada is dif...

EXPLORE THE TRUTH
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2003, 08:56 PM   #9
TonitrusEN
4th Gear

we have a modified honda civic cop car...

its a sleeper, and unmarked.. he revs on kids and tries to get them to race him :(

My Baby

Unbelievable...

Quote:

Old 01-21-2003, 09:00 PM   #10
Sol's Eye

Quote:
Originally posted by TonitrusEN

its a sleeper, and unmarked.. he revs on kids and tries to get them to race him :(

That's entrapment, and it's illegal.
Old 01-21-2003, 09:06 PM   #11
V8killimports

Quote:
Originally posted by pdiggitydogg
all the cop cars in michigan are supercharged v8s...and the local camaro SS has nitrous and a tuned engine...that cop likes to show off...he shows kids at the school across the street from me

what?? a cop with nitrous??
V8killimports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2003, 06:11 AM   #12
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

the cruisers are just a regular crown vic with a different tranny and a suspension. the intereceptors are v10

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2003, 06:12 AM   #13
02CiviC

Quote:
Originally posted by TonitrusEN

theres a silver eclipse here that does the same thing! he's useless now cuz everybody knows about him
Old 01-22-2003, 08:14 AM   #14
cashizslick

Quote:
Originally posted by hondaman-iac
the cruisers are just a regular crown vic with a different tranny and a suspension. the intereceptors are v10

You mean the cop cars that say "police intercepter"? I wonder how fast they are? I mean, it would be fun to know that if my car were built enough, i could beat one of those lol.
Old 01-22-2003, 09:10 AM   #15
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

i think it varies from station to station. you however will never know their 1/4 mile g-rating or top end because then people would know what then need to outrun one. basicaly, they are FAST. ive asked cops before, they say they cant tell.

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
ChrisCantSkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2003, 10:17 AM   #16
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

some of the cops were telling me they had vette engines in them GM and ford in the same car ? i think that is bull

Old 01-22-2003, 10:26 AM   #17
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

your cops dont have caprices? the cops around my town have chevys, im not sure about here in orlando, never checked. but a GM engine in a ford has been done many many many times over.

Old 01-22-2003, 11:01 AM   #18
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisCantSkate
your cops dont have caprices? the cops around my town have chevys, im not sure about here in orlando, never checked. but a GM engine in a ford has been done many many many times over.

i think they had caprices back in the 70's and 80's. now all they have is crown vics and malibus for the unmarked cars.

Old 01-22-2003, 01:07 PM   #19
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

i'll have to look next time im home, but i think my station is running chevy's and fords

Old 01-22-2003, 01:30 PM   #20
mt.biker

I've been told that my RL is faster then the crown vics we have in Toronto. Around here they are v8's and EVERYTHING is stock but the suspension, rims and front seats. Often they used to crom alot of parts to help improve the life of them but i believe they've stopped doing that.

If you can beat a crown vic, they will pull out the SS on your sorry @ss or better yet we have two choppers that will stay with you until you run out of gas.

I remember hearing lately that a few chases stopped when the bad guys started to hit dangerous speeds in heavy traffic. The police backed off for public safety. Of course the guys were caught because they smashed into a car 2 miles up.

If you can do over 150mph in your car you are homefree. I've always wanted to race a police officer... but i'm sorry to say it, no civic is going to handle well at those speeds you'll need anotehr car bro
Old 01-22-2003, 01:31 PM   #21
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

all i know is cop cars here FLY.. ive seen them take off... they play no games

Old 01-22-2003, 01:41 PM   #22
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisCantSkate
all i know is cop cars here FLY.. ive seen them take off... they play no games

i don't know what kind of tranny they have and the rear diff locks and both of the rear wheels pulll the same in the cars, not transfering the torque from one wheel to the other like in regular cars

Old 01-22-2003, 04:36 PM   #23
cashizslick

Quote:
Originally posted by mt.biker
I've been told that my RL is faster then the crown vics we have in Toronto. Around here they are v8's and EVERYTHING is stock but the suspension, rims and front seats. Often they used to crom alot of parts to help improve the life of them but i believe they've stopped doing that.

If you can beat a crown vic, they will pull out the SS on your sorry @ss or better yet we have two choppers that will stay with you until you run out of gas.

I remember hearing lately that a few chases stopped when the bad guys started to hit dangerous speeds in heavy traffic. The police backed off for public safety. Of course the guys were caught because they smashed into a car 2 miles up.

If you can do over 150mph in your car you are homefree. I've always wanted to race a police officer... but i'm sorry to say it, no civic is going to handle well at those speeds you'll need anotehr car bro

Yeah, your probably right, not that i had any inclination of trying to out race cops on the highway, but it would be nice to know what they can do.
Old 01-22-2003, 05:13 PM   #24
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

my friend was doing a little high speed pull one time coming onto a highway here in orlando, he hit about 110 and a cop came up on his ass SO fast... cop said he was going over 125 trying to catch him luckly he couldnt clock him till he got down to 83, and he gave him a ticket for failure to observe the speed limit (only like $80) so it cant be too high of a rear end, or he would have ran our of gears to be pulling so hard upto 125

Old 01-22-2003, 06:37 PM   #25
TonitrusEN
4th Gear

revving your engine isnt illegal.. so it isnt entrapment.. the cop was just revving his engine, if you choose to race him its your problem..

My Baby

Unbelievable...

Quote:

Old 01-22-2003, 06:42 PM   #26
oc civic

just to put this to a close... i can tell you from PERSONAL expieriance MOST small towns have SLOW fairly stock cars weighed to the hilt with TONS of equiment.. i KNOW our local cops in BOTH towns ive lived in recently have SLOW cars, but i ALSO know the staties have something slightly better, so im going to say it REALLY depends on where you live... it varies...
Old 01-22-2003, 09:38 PM   #27
Brandon696

i love our troopers here in NC. theyre badass. we have all kinds of cop cars. Luminas, Caprice, Crown Vics, LT1 Camaros (only 13 in the state, and Asheville has one) 4 harley motorcycle cops, Dodge Durangoes, Jeep Cherokees. its really hard to pinpoint our cops down here. and thats just the damn state troopers! i love our Camaros, they are real beasts. our 2002 Camaros are chipped with the Corvette LT1 engine boasting 350hp. and thats not bullshit either, becuase i was in the APD Explorer progream, so i know almost all our city cops, and i knew 4 state troopers, 2 of which were close friends. i can take out our Crown vics, and the luminas, and of corse the durangos and jeeps, but i wouldnt think of trying to outrun one of our Camaros.

Brandon
Old 01-23-2003, 05:45 AM   #28
ford50forlife
4th Gear

Quote:
Originally posted by Brandon696
i love our troopers here in NC. theyre badass. we have all kinds of cop cars. Luminas, Caprice, Crown Vics, LT1 Camaros (only 13 in the state, and Asheville has one) 4 harley motorcycle cops, Dodge Durangoes, Jeep Cherokees. its really hard to pinpoint our cops down here. and thats just the damn state troopers! i love our Camaros, they are real beasts. our 2002 Camaros are chipped with the Corvette LT1 engine boasting 350hp. and thats not bullshit either, becuase i was in the APD Explorer progream, so i know almost all our city cops, and i knew 4 state troopers, 2 of which were close friends. i can take out our Crown vics, and the luminas, and of corse the durangos and jeeps, but i wouldnt think of trying to outrun one of our Camaros.

Brandon

why would they put a lt1 engine and downgrade it? i hope you meant ls1

2640lbs with full tank minus me w/ 302cid
check out the crustang and 88 cherokee @
www.cardomain.com/id/ford50forlife
ford50forlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2003, 10:22 AM   #29
Brandon696

maybe it is an LS1, im not real sure on the vette motors. i get them mixed up. sorry bout that. wait wait, your right, i remember now, it is an LS1. ima dumbass.

Brandon
Old 01-23-2003, 10:25 AM   #30
cashizslick

Well, that must be one fast cop car. What do they use those for, high speed chases mostly?
Old 01-23-2003, 01:41 PM   #31
ford50forlife
4th Gear

they use ls1's to take down mustangs and i lose :(

2640lbs with full tank minus me w/ 302cid
check out the crustang and 88 cherokee @
www.cardomain.com/id/ford50forlife
ford50forlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2003, 01:46 PM   #32
Brandon696

yep, and to scare the shit out of people with their power. when i was with the APD Explorers we were in a car chase. the guy had robbed a bank and stole a 2002 Mote Carlo, he had gone through 6 counties, there were 23 cop cars involved, and of course at the very front was the trooper Camaro, and two City Police Camaros. they bumped him and caused him to fishtail and he spun out into the ditch. he did this right in front of the air port, and they had the trooper chopper above him, they had to call the chopper off cuz it couldnt cross into the airspace. was wild!

Brandon
Old 01-23-2003, 01:52 PM   #33
cashizslick

Quote:
Originally posted by Brandon696
yep, and to scare the shit out of people with their power. when i was with the APD Explorers we were in a car chase. the guy had robbed a bank and stole a 2002 Mote Carlo, he had gone through 6 counties, there were 23 cop cars involved, and of course at the very front was the trooper Camaro, and two City Police Camaros. they bumped him and caused him to fishtail and he spun out into the ditch. he did this right in front of the air port, and they had the trooper chopper above him, they had to call the chopper off cuz it couldnt cross into the airspace. was wild!

Brandon

Wow, that sounds like it was real interesting to see. In my town of springfield, i dont know what the regular police cars have goin for them, but they are fast enough to catch all the hooked up imports (ghetto 87 civics with serious mods i.e. : muffler, intake, and APC sticker).
Old 01-23-2003, 05:34 PM   #34
Shot 2 Hel

all i know is they are pretty damn fast
Old 01-24-2003, 09:36 AM   #35
keystone

The cops here used to have a LT1 powered caprice here, not sure if they still do, and not the Impala SS LT1 either. The HP had a superchared camero "interceptor" as they called it.