::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-14-2003, 07:44 PM   #1
DsBlu01CivEX

NBA basketball

so, I'm not a huge fan of professional basketball...nor college level really. I'm into the tall guys...but not necessarily the sport, but I digress.....I think I might start getting into because of Sunday though. Erin and I bought my sis Sixers tickets at the First Union Center for Sunday night and that was one of the coolest things I've ever gone too. It was very entertaining. And I wanna be one of the "hip hop" dancers....I can totally do what they do! It was just really cool...I wanna go again. I thought I'd share. If you've never been to an NBA game I'd suggest going if they're anything like they are in Philly.

http://www.myspace.com/kenike
DsBlu01CivEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2003, 07:55 PM   #2
firstgeardude

ya i agree, goin to see a a NBA game is nice, i went to a Raptors game last year, it was pretty hype... especially since i got those ritzy box seats... too bad the Raptors lost that night

oh.. we finally broke our winless streak
Old 01-14-2003, 08:08 PM   #3
hondariz

I would suggest going to a college game as well, the game is much faster paced and exciting. the players also don't get paid(or most of them don't) so they are out there for the love of the game. definitely worthwhile.
Old 01-14-2003, 08:19 PM   #4
juvenile

I'm not really into basketball...hockey's my kinda sport!
And I guess I hit it right on the spot when Isaid you like tall guys eh
Old 01-14-2003, 08:27 PM   #5
Wren57

I went to a few Memphis Grizzlies games and I must say although the team sucks it is still very entertaining... and we even had the nosebleed section, still very fun!
Old 01-14-2003, 08:33 PM   #6
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

i dont like b-ball at all...one team runs down the court shoots and gets 2pts then the next team does the same thing...this continues on and on and on...and then...WOAH...someone just mixed it up with a 3...wow...exciting...plus its always so quiet...its boring to me...no offense to the fans
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2003, 08:37 PM   #7
armyguy5
3rd Gear

i went to a bulls game when they were good.....i dont like watching sports on TV except football.....But i'll go to a stadium and watch...it's hella more fun

chris
  • Cold Air Intake, Front Strut Bar, MTX Thunder 6000 10", Gunmetal Altezza Tail Lights, Short Throw Shifter, Factory Side Skirts and Rear lip, JDM front Lip, Thermal R&D stealth exhaust, 16" Rota Slipstreams in Bronze, Alpine CD/MP3/WMA/XM RADIO, Legacy L7M in car video
armyguy5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2003, 12:10 AM   #8
Maxvla

best sports event in the world is Oklahoma vs Oklahoma State Basketball in Stillwater. there is no comparison.

one of the people on a local radio station said this as well and he was one of the people covering the Yanks/DBacks World Series. thats pretty strong competition and yet the college bball game was far superior in his mind.

as far as pro basketball... hmm.. i always love my spurs but i could really care less about the season. it doesn't mean anything. if the lakers make the playoffs... even 8th seed in the west they will be favored to win it all. the only chance any other team has to win the champ is to keep them out of the playoffs. i loathe the lakers severely but respect their talent and pure drive during the playoffs.
Old 01-15-2003, 12:15 AM   #9
Maxvla

Quote:
Originally posted by pdiggitydogg
i dont like b-ball at all...one team runs down the court shoots and gets 2pts then the next team does the same thing...this continues on and on and on...and then...WOAH...someone just mixed it up with a 3...wow...exciting...plus its always so quiet...its boring to me...no offense to the fans

the same could be said for any other sport.

football:

one team runs down and gets 7 points. wow. the other team does too. this continues til a defense forces a 3 to mix things up.

baseball:

a guy throws a ball and another guy tries to hit it. if he does he runs around in a circle. wow. [/ben stein]

etc. etc.

all sports are extremely simple in design. the complexity comes when you have different players of different skills. this is what makes the games interesting.
Old 01-15-2003, 07:20 AM   #10
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Any sport that you see live is way better then watching it on TV. Its the feeling, the croud, no commercials, the consessions.. Its completely different.

I hate watching baseball on TV, its worse the golf IMHO. But I dont mind going to games they are a lot of fun.. I love going to football and Hockey games those are very fun! Never been to a basketball game though.
Old 01-15-2003, 12:27 PM   #11
silver

there is nothing better than college for sports(except for baseball). I've been to the Duke/North Carolina B-ball games and the Florida St/Florida/Miami football games. It is the shizzle. I guess I am a little biased as well since I coach basketball and play, but yeah, basketball is the greatest game, combination of physical and mental, the biggest guy does not win.
Top Secret, Ings+1, J's Racing, Varis, Amuse, ASM, GP Sports, Air Walker, Garage Defend, Kakimoto, BuddyClub, Feel's, Fujitsubo, Porterfield, KG/MM, ORC, Spoon, Mugen, and more than 200 others. If it's in a Hyper Rev, it's in our reach.

http://www.bulletproofautomotive.com
silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2003, 04:36 PM   #12
DsBlu01CivEX

I've been to college basketball games...I'm not a huge fan of them. Crowd is tiny, teams suck ass around here...maybe if the teams around my area were actually decent, I might enjoy them more...but...they suck, so I don't enjoy going (one perk...I get in free cuz I'm a student )

OH and Pdog....go to a Sixers game....it's FAR from quiet in there!!

http://www.myspace.com/kenike
DsBlu01CivEX is offline   Reply With Quote