::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Civic/Del Sol
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-11-2003, 04:47 AM   #1
sc0rch

95 honda civic EX horsepower

Ok..i just bought a 95 civic EX lastweek....it's an automatic but i got a really good deal and that why i bought it...now i'm selling all of my audio and i'll have about $300 to do whatever with in a couple days and would like to boost the HP a little.....well as much as possible.....Any suggestions on what to look for? This is gonna be my little project car. But i plan on starting small at 1st...

and also i'd like to find some enexpensive body kits but everything seems overpriced.... i looked for scratch and dent kits since i can fix fiberglass myself (3 years of autobody mostly doing fiberglass) but no one seems to sell them....and the only place i know of is Soundwaves aroundhere...but i hate that place and vowed never to buy anything from them again......

any help would be greatly appreciated
Old 01-11-2003, 09:03 AM   #2
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

well probably a aem cold air intake is the best way to grab some hp for starters. just be sure whatever you end up buying will work on the swap that you put in (just to save you some $$ and some agony, when you find out you bought it and it wont work later) ie all sohc internal mods
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2003, 10:56 AM   #3
Mischief(LTS)

yea intakes kick ass im going to be investing in one as soon as i find a reputable companyt that makes them for newer civics such as mine..

you can also throw in a turbocharger for around 600 bucks and you are looking at quite an increase there. some pulleys are another inexpensive way to get a bit of HP. not much but you know, cheap horsepower doesent come very easily
Old 01-13-2003, 12:01 PM   #4
02CiviC

Quote:
Originally posted by Mischief(LTS)
yea intakes kick ass im going to be investing in one as soon as i find a reputable companyt that makes them for newer civics such as mine..

AEM is a reputable company that makes cold air intakes for the 7th gen civic and Injen makes a cold air as well.
Old 01-13-2003, 01:14 PM   #5
Honda530

A turbo for 600 dude it takes a little more than that. For a beginner I wouldnt recommend a turbo too much hassle and to much money to make it work. IS your ex the vtec or non vtec??? Cuz they made the 95 ex in both models. Either way I would either start off with a nice intake or a good exhaust.
Old 01-13-2003, 03:56 PM   #6
slowEJ6

the 95 EX has vtec.....its not a non vtec motor....at all.

anyway....a turbo for $600....right, not going to happen.

do a 5spd swap first.
slowEJ6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2003, 07:31 AM   #7
sc0rch

if i did a swap i'd deffinately go with a stick but yeah it's a Vtec....not sure of the engine code but it doesnt look like a DOHC
Old 01-14-2003, 07:57 AM   #8
02CiviC

its not a DOHC its SOHC VTEC
the civic in the U.S. that came with the DOHC VTEC from the factory was the SI
Old 01-14-2003, 05:39 PM   #9
drdingo21

The engine code is D16Z6
If i were you i wouldn't even mess with cold air intakes or pullies or anyother light bolt on mod. Save up another $200-300 and get a nitrous kit, best bang for the buck
drdingo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2003, 06:37 PM   #10
slowEJ6

thats a great motor to go turbo with.....but seriously, 5spd swap. not too expensive.
slowEJ6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2003, 06:42 PM   #11
sc0rch

how much would you say it would cost for a tranny swap...and i'm not going with nitrous unless i rebuild everything......dont want a detonating engine.....
Old 01-15-2003, 04:42 PM   #12
drdingo21

Quote:
Originally posted by sc0rch
how much would you say it would cost for a tranny swap...and i'm not going with nitrous unless i rebuild everything......dont want a detonating engine.....
n2o is unbelivbly save when you get a kit. And get a zex 50hp shot and youll be set and safe. without rebuilding anything
drdingo21 is offline   Reply With Quote