::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-09-2002, 03:44 PM   #1
ohiochica

really off topic!

just curious, has anyone else lost a parent? (death)
in the last 10 people i met online iw ould have to say 6 of them either have criticaly ill parent or one that passed away. and yes i lost my om oct 31, a year ago due to cancer. stay away from dr. reeves!!!!!!
ohiochica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2002, 04:16 PM   #2
juvenile

Nope. So far both parents are still here. I'm really hoping my dad will quit smoking soon! He's really decreased....in the last 3 years he went down from a pack a day...to like 6-10 cigs.
He has a tough time quitting! And it frustrates me and my mom and we always try to get him to try something to help him quit. So hopefully, everything will be fine! *Prays*
Old 12-09-2002, 04:17 PM   #3
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

no not here.

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2002, 04:20 PM   #4
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Nope, not here

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2002, 04:26 PM   #5
TonitrusEN
4th Gear

I lost my dad may 12 2002 to cancer

My Baby

Unbelievable...

Quote:
Anonymous: Yea but a car has 4 heads, so it's headers!

Me: Or.. you could say that a car has one head...
TonitrusEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2002, 05:05 PM   #6
mt.biker

Both my parents are alive and kicking. My old man is in great shape but my mother hasn't worked out a day in her life. Most likely they'll die about the same time, i figure 6-10months apart. that may sound really harsh but i'm just doing the math here. I expect my folks to be around for another 35 years, what about you people? My parents are 50 this year.
Old 12-09-2002, 05:11 PM   #7
ohiochica

i expected my mom to be around another 35 years too...but then reality set in and i realized not to expect anything. my mom died at teh age of 54. she had pancreatic cancer that the doctors told her that she didnt have! never ever EXPECT anything, cherish what you do have.

Ohio HST members please read this
Old 12-09-2002, 05:34 PM   #8
juvenile

Quote:
Originally posted by ohiochica
never ever EXPECT anything, cherish what you do have.

Good point!
Old 12-09-2002, 06:30 PM   #9
mt.biker

Quote:
cherish what you do have.

Thanks I do, my mother recently had some major operations on her "female organs" and well i've been really close to her since... almost a momma's boy
Old 12-09-2002, 06:34 PM   #10
ohiochica

*********sigh********* god i would do anything to be a momma's girl again.

sorry kinda down and out lately, holidays suck!

Old 12-09-2002, 06:37 PM   #11
ShEaNy

WOW Tonitrusen....THats my Birthday....thats FREAKY MAn.... :o i turn 18...ur dad dies...my lord....im scared...lol but i have both of mine still....
ShEaNy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2002, 11:14 PM   #12
Rob
Stefan's A Sheep Fucker

My dad passed in July of '92.....cancer....

Quote:
Originally posted by IALuder
thats why i use a sock.

Quote:
Originally posted by MissJDM
Darin, please confirm that you don't like the cock!

HondaStyle.com Babysitter's Club Member #7
Anna Fan Club Member #1
Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2002, 11:39 PM   #13
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

still have both parents

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
ChrisCantSkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2002, 12:13 PM   #14
nonovurbizniz

Ya I still have both of my parents too.

this thread is really kind of sad. but at the same time I think it's important for everyone to realize that it really only sucks for you.

if there is a god then there isn't a hell. if there isn't a god then there's no heaven so....

if your dead you either happy or don't know. (at least in my opinion)
Old 12-10-2002, 12:23 PM   #15
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

I still have both my parents, and everyday I thank God for it too.

My dad is overweight and drives truck, and my mom gets stressed so easy that it takes nothing to make her sick.

I agree with cherrish what you have. Try not to let stupid things keep you away from your parents or brothers and sisters, because you never know what can happen. Then you will have that little thing hurting in your heart because you didnt get to mend things.

Okay, sorry for the corney stuff. Thats just how I feel.
Old 12-10-2002, 02:54 PM   #16
juvenile

I don't think it's corney! I think it's nice...and I agree with you!
Old 12-10-2002, 03:29 PM   #17
Whiteclipse99
4th Gear

Quote:
never ever EXPECT anything, cherish what you do have.

Exactly! I always say, you never know what you have till it's gone. My mom died from a car accident Dec '97(that was a hard Christmas). It's sad, she never got to see me graduate highschool('98) or go to prom and she'll never get to see me get married. My life has really changed a lot since her death, but fortunately I still have my dad and brother. And fortunately my dad was lucky enough to find another women to spend the rest of his life with. I wouldn't of wanted him to be alone, it would have killed me inside. Just never take anything for granted!
Old 12-10-2002, 03:32 PM   #18
TonitrusEN
4th Gear

My dad was a stubborn guy when he was alive. He fought that cancer hard for a long time. It was very sad seeing him go, but i know it was better than seeing him sufffer like he was at the end. I am his only son to graduate high school, and he wanted to be there for it, and he was. So now its me and my mom, and my older brothers. We livin tho..

My Baby

Unbelievable...

Quote:

Old 12-10-2002, 09:42 PM   #19
ohiochica

ok for all those that have lost parents.....have you went to like a group support thing or anything? i thought last year was bad, i was thinking this year would be so much easier and low and behold i am struggling so hard once again. sorry for those that think this is too depressing, for a few of us this is just life.

Old 12-10-2002, 09:52 PM   #20
Rob
Stefan's A Sheep Fucker

Quote:
ok for all those that have lost parents.....have you went to like a group support thing or anything?

nope...just dealt with it....it was hard but like they say time heals all wounds....for the most part.....

if need someone to talk to about this though, just PM me.........

Quote:
thats why i use a sock.

Quote:

Anna Fan Club Member #1
Old 12-10-2002, 09:55 PM   #21
ohiochica

thanks, appreciate it. i lost my mom a year ago and my best frienfd told me it will get worse before it gets better, i just never dreamt that he meant a year later it would still be bad. anyways...just trying to get up enough courage to either talk to my dr. about meds or go to counciling cuz it is aff3ecting everything in my life now. anyways sorry to be rambling.

Old 12-10-2002, 10:05 PM   #22
Rob
Stefan's A Sheep Fucker

Quote:
thanks, appreciate it. i lost my mom a year ago and my best frienfd told me it will get worse before it gets better, i just never dreamt that he meant a year later it would still be bad. anyways...just trying to get up enough courage to either talk to my dr. about meds or go to counciling cuz it is aff3ecting everything in my life now. anyways sorry to be rambling.

no problem....I lost my dad 10 yrs ago and it was hard....actually it didn't effect me right away....I guess I went into shock or something because I was fine at first and then it just hit me like a ton of bricks. And I was affected by it for a long time. I was only 17 when he died and I had some issues because our relationship wasn't the best so that just made it worse. But one thing that I can offer is turn to your family and friends. That's what got me through some of the hard times. And also, I'm not going to preach to you since I'm far from being a religious person but maybe turn towards GOD. Pray and ask for guidance. Wow, that sounds weird coming from me but sometimes it does really seem to work.

Quote:
thats why i use a sock.

Quote:

Anna Fan Club Member #1
Old 12-10-2002, 11:50 PM   #23
Jufranpnoy
1st Gear

during my freshman year of high school, my dad had a massive seizure on december 2, 1992. it left him paralyzed on his right side, unable to speak conherently, and confined to a wheel chair. in about march or april 1993 he came home. so for the next couple of years, my mom, younger sister, and i acted as his therapists. we had to help him with EVERYTHING.

but as time passed he was doing so well and everything was going great. he became a little more independent...able to walk short distances with a cane, do his exercises, take his medications, able to speak a little.... but then in mid april 1996, i came home from school to find his bag and wheel chair at the bottom of the stairs. i knew something was wrong. i found out he suffered a massive heart attack. he was in the hospital for 2 weeks, until he died on april 26.

i never went to any counseling or anything like that during this whole thing or even after. part of me was really mad at God because i felt like he was toying with my family. we(my dad, mom, sis and myself) all worked so hard to get him to this point and then its all taken away. i was so mad with everything and everyone. but part of me also realized that those last couple of years were probably the best(and hardest) of my life. but i learned so much. i cant tell you all how much i learned if i had two lives to live. am i still mad with God...yes. but i have learned to accept and adapt to things. the holidays, his birthday, father's day are still very hard for me. sorry for the long reply
Jufranpnoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2002, 02:15 PM   #24
TonitrusEN
4th Gear

I didnt go to any therapy. I did my own therapy, i knew it was coming. I knew about 6 months in advance that he was going to be gone, and i tried to make the best of it. The only thing he asked me was to take care of my mom, and I'm doin it.

If you ever need to talk, just PM me..

My Baby

Unbelievable...

Quote:

Old 12-11-2002, 02:25 PM   #25
ohiochica

thanks, i had about 3 weeks to know it was ending, for a year she was very sick and the dr. denied everything. then she got even sicker and went to teh er to get morphine and they admitted her with bowl blockage, a week later they were sending her home via ambulance to die from teh pancreatic, liver and kidney cancer.

Jufranpnoy, i can understand everything you said that is exactly how i feel, she suffered so freaking long and would get better then worse, kinda like someone was screwing with my head. yes i am very bitter too, my mom died beccause a dr. refuse dto do his damn job!