::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > Body Modifications
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-08-2002, 04:26 PM   #1
Civicfrenzy

whats ur opinion?

Due to my accident i need a new hood and front bumper possibly front fenders (not real sure yet) and new head lights...
So the insurance will pay for stock parts but i was hoping that if i pay the extra i can get certain other things put on instead. (Not sure if i can do that yet still checking on it) So i was hoping i you all could give me some ideas.

1) Hood - i was thinking about like carbon fiber maybe? I dont know jack about hoods so waht do u think, is it worth it? And what ones do u like maybe, something with a clean look to it nothing really fancy just a nice clean look (i have a black 96 civic coupe)

2.) Front body kit - I have debated over this for awhile and i cant decide so i need some options to start with here. Again i want something very clean not real fancy or aggresive looking just a clean look (i hope everyone knows waht i say when i say clean look) Also waht is the best material for it to be made out of. And if someone could explain the grile mesh stuff or if tahts waht it is called im not sure.

3.) Fenders??? wasnt really planning on those but if i get a front body kit waht's the deal with the fenders then? sorry for the stupid ? but thnx.

4.) Headlights - Umm, again somethng clean. Ne suggestions? maybe ill stay stock but i dont like the orange part.

Thanks alot for the help. Also when u say like a hood or front body kit if u could provide a link for a picture that would be a huge help.
Old 12-08-2002, 05:40 PM   #2
BlazinCrx

Really all you need to do is find a body shop that will work with you and get thew parts you want. Some will and some won't and they will just use the insurance money towards it.
As for a hood carbon fiber is a classy choice, both fiber images and TC spoiler hoods are good. Fenders I would leave stock and will work with any front bumper made for your car. as for a front bumper there are hundreds of options it really what you want there. Headlights you can go with JDM black housing headlights, Tenzo makes good knock-offs that are much cheaper than the real thing.
-www.tcspoiler.com
-www.versusmotorsport.com
-www.tenzoracingsports.com
Old 12-08-2002, 10:48 PM   #3
blind34_1

carbon fiber hood will be a good choice if your looking for lightwiehgt, but if you dont care about weight, dont do it.

fenders id say keep stock, and as for a body kit, JDM style front lips are VERY clean looking.

Angel eye headlights look very cool also (These are on BMW's, you know with the cool halo of light and then the real light to the side of it)
blind34_1 is offline   Reply With Quote