::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Civic/Del Sol
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-26-2003, 04:31 PM   #1
BlackCivic

D16z6

I have a 93 civic SOHC VTec 5spd. I was wondering how much power to the ground would I have with the following mods? DC 4-2-1 header, AEM style cold air intake, 12.5lbs ACT Sreet light flywheel, 2.5" custom exhaust with Megan racing muffler, OBX intake manifold, RH racing crank pulley that weighs 6 ounces, vtec head with port & polish skunk2 stage 2 cam, crower springs and titanium retainers. And will I need to upgrade my fuel system and or install a piggy back system?
Old 10-26-2003, 07:58 PM   #2
cashizslick

i'd say that with good fuel/ignition tuning you could but out 140 whp with that setup - how much will all of that cost you - and remember, dyno tuning can get pricy.

if it costs 3k or more, you'd be better off getting an engine swap
Old 10-26-2003, 07:59 PM   #3
cashizslick

Or, go with a Greddy turbo for the same price as all those mods and have somethin better than a motor swap (stock motor swap)
Old 10-26-2003, 08:02 PM   #4
Shot 2 Hel

all of that will either cost around or more than a turbo i say boost that biatch
Old 10-27-2003, 07:11 PM   #5
BlackCivic

Well I already had the exhaust, intake and header when I bought the car. The head cost me $400, pulley was $125, Intake manifold was $125 and flywheel was $215 total of $650
Old 10-27-2003, 08:01 PM   #6
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

30million whp

there are lots of factors...slap it all on and then go to a dyno...tell us your results

until then, I will stick to my pro estimate of 30million whp
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2003, 09:08 PM   #7
Shaved &/or Laid
4th Gear

"Im a pimp"
Attached Images
File Type: jpg meinbay.jpg (29.7 KB, 49 views)
Old 10-27-2003, 09:25 PM   #8
cashizslick

Quote:
pdiggitydogg
30million whp

That is a very specific estimate, please o ever knowledgamble guru of honda tek, how did you do it?

Lol, i bet you used the HP and 1/4mile calculator at Stangnet - that pos is about as good at calculating that stuff as a ford is at not being Found On Road Dead.
Old 10-30-2003, 11:48 PM   #9
shmaptoe

u got a pretty good start on a build there- skunk 2 didnt come out wit the st2 cam for the z6 yet afaik. i tried to install the stage 1 in my z6 and the lobes were too big and hit shit on the inside of my head so i called skunk and talked to a tec and he said i was the 2nd person to have this problem and that i should just have the areas where it hit shaved- so just check to see that whatever cam u get spins b4 turning the car on. stock fuel system should be fine- maybe get a fpr if u want. def get some sort of tuning- like vafc- it will help alot. if u really wanna see some sweet gains outta this motor u gotta raise the compression. check out the srp 10.5 comp pistons and maybe some econo forged rods- for like 700 u can have a mean ass forged internal motor- if that aint in your budget get some integra ls rods shotpeened and some pistons from a d16a6. bring your compression to around 11 and cost like 300buck. ps. get the hondata im gasket- its 60 bucks and made a noticable difference in temp between the mani and the head on my car
Old 10-31-2003, 08:09 AM   #10
Shaved &/or Laid
4th Gear

MUST BEAT A STANG GT

sorry for lack of input.

I say save money for boost. 1000-1200$ and its seriously not hard.
Old 11-01-2003, 11:06 AM   #11
LaNRoVeR

Dude, If your going to invest all that money into the stock engine, it would be alot better just going ahead with an engine swap...You get a swap then on down the road do those same mods to a b16, and you'll be smiling everytime you drive!
Old 11-01-2003, 11:45 AM   #12
thermal
Banning Machine

Fuk the cams. Turbo it and get turbo cams later. Props for building up that SOHC tho.

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
thermal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2003, 01:18 PM   #13
cashizslick

Quote:
Originally posted by thermalfi'd16
Fuk the cams. Turbo it and get turbo cams later. Props for building up that SOHC tho.

That's what boosting a honda is all a bout - Dont touch the valvetrain or bottom end (cept for a thicker head gasket if needed), just slap a turbo on it and tear up the road!