.:HSTuners::

::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions > Battle of the Sexes
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-14-2002, 09:48 PM   #1
juvenile

HondaStyle Expertise needed

Well, to setup the situation here, it's about a girl (again! ). I want to make the right move this time, so I want your professional opinions.

History:

-Started working at Wonderland (amusement park) last year. Met a good looking, funny, good personality chic.
-Come back to work beginning of this year to find out she doesn't work there anymore. (****!)
-Sometime a month ago, by mistake bump into her when she's visiting. Get her number.
-Start calling her and talking on the phone. Always knew this girl was cute. Began to think about staying friends and a bit later on maybe trying to get to the next step....again (so many other attempts gone wrong.)
-We setup a "date" (biker calls it a date since it's just the two of us. But the way I see it, it's just a first friendly get-together) for next thursday. Great, I was thinking of seeing how it goes.
-Then I find out that she had a date with another guy, going to have coffee and talk. And she told me that it went really good, and that she really likes the guy, and he likes her. They wont' rush into things, and will be friends to get to know each other, but are willing to go out int he future.

My point is, I was going to make little hints, showing that I really care for her, maybe have a small talk. Now I don't know what to do at all. She seems like a really nice person from the times we talked together (quiet a few). I really am confused on what to do. Do I still try and show her, or do I do nothign...someone...help.
Old 06-14-2002, 10:48 PM   #2
4jacks

i would do nothing ...

there was a gurl i like once, and we got into the "freind zone" and when they start to see that you are interested in them, they will tell you about the other guy they like, as a freindly let down.

not much of a story, but a heart-ache avoided.

Happy Honda'ing
4jacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2002, 08:03 AM   #3
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

I agree with 4Jacks dont try anything..

Just be yourself. If she already likes the other guy better then you, you dont really have much of a chance at this point any how. If they do start going out, try to stay in contact with her [on a friend basis], be someone she can trust and talk to if she needs it. Never know what may happen from there. Just make sure you dont let the door close behind you, because then you have no chance at all.
Old 06-15-2002, 08:18 AM   #4
mt.biker

it is the first time you two will have done something in a non-work eviorment. get to know her first!

My advice is keep your feelings to yourself on this "date" and see how things go. Basically right now your going on only what you feel. Maybe in your mind you've made her out to be someones shes not. You have yet to look into her eyes or see the smile on her face when your talking to her.(tip try and get her to smile ) Someones rushing things *points to juv*you need to get the inperson stuff going her before you blurt how your feeling out.

might i suguest you go out with her and just get her talking and have fun! does this sound unreasonable?

one 2 one here dude :do a reality check here!
-you've know the girl how long?
-what is it that you really like about this girl?
-what makes you want to get involved with her?
-shes been doing what since you last saw her at work?
-how is she not in a work eviorment?
-is she even you type or are you chasing ass?

I bet i can answer most of these but i'm not going to!

how about this time you take a more mature route and get to know where she is emotionally (about you two) before you go diving right in and saying how much you like her before you figure out if she likes you!

i'm sorry if this comes across harsh and all, but sometimes people are a bit slow and take advice from people. Listen to what people say here Dimitry and listen good!

btw how do you think shes gonna take it coming from someone she hasn't seen in a while "i like you!" "oh really? me too" the likelyhood that this will be the out come is slim, very slim.
Old 06-15-2002, 10:46 AM   #5
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

straight to the point all three of you. all of it it was said, so i'm left with spamming here

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2002, 02:30 PM   #6
juvenile

Quote:
Originally posted by hondaman-iac
straight to the point all three of you. all of it it was said, so i'm left with spamming here

punk abusing his powers. I'll get you one day my friend...I'll get you good. hehe

good advice. I'll do my best to try and follow it .
Old 06-16-2002, 12:25 AM   #7
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

Quote:
Originally posted by Racing Rice
I agree with 4Jacks dont try anything..

. Just make sure you dont let the door close behind you, because then you have no chance at all.
i also agree with 4jacks

and i 100% agree with not shutting doors. i hate myself for doing it on more than one occation latley. they are much much harder to open than to shut.

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
ChrisCantSkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2002, 04:37 PM   #8
DsBlu01CivEX

ok...girls pov....the guys have it right for once. Jfwy guys!! hehe. but yes they all were very to the point and bluntly honest for good purposes. Take their advice and keep us updated.

http://www.myspace.com/kenike
DsBlu01CivEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2002, 08:49 PM   #9
Whiteclipse99
4th Gear

I agree as well. Coming forward with your feelings to early may scare her away. It's better to have her as a friend for now, then nothing at all.
Old 06-21-2002, 11:48 PM   #10
juvenile

well I'm not going to type a whole message here when I explained it all to Maxvla on AOL so I'll just paste in our convo. Give me a response. One side note, I REALLY rEALLY REALLY enjoyed spending time with her the last time.

FAjuvenile: btw, I went out with that chic
SwatchClok: and?
FAjuvenile: we went as friends
SwatchClok: ok
FAjuvenile: walked around the mall for like 1-2h talking
SwatchClok: and
FAjuvenile: went into a large department store and she won a free photo in a 16x14 frame which costs 110 bucks
SwatchClok: haha
FAjuvenile: and in her eyes she wasn't dressed all that good (I'd say it was pretty nice)
FAjuvenile: and so she's like, next time I'll dress better, your good luck (me YES YESS OOOH H YEAH...GO BAY (name of the store)) haha
SwatchClok: lol
SwatchClok: so...
FAjuvenile: afterwards, we went to the harbourfront (by the lake) where people sail
SwatchClok: and...
FAjuvenile: first we were gonna go on a cruise, but boat left by the time I got the money
SwatchClok: cheapskate.
SwatchClok: j/k
FAjuvenile: so I took her to a restaurant there and we had some food for like 1h talking
FAjuvenile: she wanted to pay for herself but I refused and paid
FAjuvenile: she was like "thank you, that's very nice of you"
SwatchClok: + for juve
FAjuvenile: I also gave the waitress 5 bucks tip when the bill was 25. she was like "how generous of you. that's very nice"
FAjuvenile: :-)
SwatchClok: lol... don't spend too much. she'll have you buying her everything known to man... and to women.
FAjuvenile: I know I know, but she isn't like that. trust me :-)
FAjuvenile: and I'm thinking of taking her on this next time http://www.torontodinnercruises.com/menu_cd2.htm
FAjuvenile: it's on our canada day
FAjuvenile: http://www.torontodinnercruises.com/obsess_b1.gif
FAjuvenile: that's the boat
SwatchClok: hmm... well sounds like a good deal. whens the next makeout err... date going to happen?
FAjuvenile: we're techincally not dating, well I'm not sure how she sees it, since she kinda still likes another guy. so I'm just chilaxin around her
FAjuvenile: not mentioning anything about us dating yet
FAjuvenile: but I hope to win her over :-) hehe
SwatchClok: i see... nice cruise...
SwatchClok: that can't hurt.
SwatchClok: ok.. you made me hungry. brb
FAjuvenile: yeah...see what I mean. wait
FAjuvenile: I have to go in 5 anyways
FAjuvenile: just wait
FAjuvenile: ya there?
FAjuvenile: ahhhh ****.
SwatchClok: yes
FAjuvenile: oic ok
FAjuvenile: just wait 5 more
FAjuvenile: and then I'm going
FAjuvenile: anyways...that's going to cost me ~140 canadian though if I do reserve. think it's worth it?
FAjuvenile: I want to do it though...it seems like ALOT of fun
FAjuvenile: too
SwatchClok: which is what? 200-250 us $?
SwatchClok: err... thats wrong
FAjuvenile: 140 canadian total for both of us with tax
SwatchClok: so about 80 us bucks?
FAjuvenile: that's like 90.7895 USD
SwatchClok: definately worth it.
SwatchClok: you have her alone for 3.5 hours on that boat.
FAjuvenile: oic...yeah..I'll ask her how she lieks cruieses and then go "well, I reserved us one for july 1st" :-)
SwatchClok: cough* alone cough*
FAjuvenile: lol yeah...that'd be nice. *ahhh wonders off *
SwatchClok: food time. later loverboy
FAjuvenile: haha see ya
Old 06-22-2002, 12:52 AM   #11
Maxvla

wow... it would have been nice to know the convo was posted on HS.
Old 06-22-2002, 01:06 AM   #12
juvenile

Quote:
Originally posted by Maxvla
wow... it would have been nice to know the convo was posted on HS.

didn't know anything personal was said.
Old 06-22-2002, 01:13 AM   #13
FeelMyRide

Damn Chris I'd feel violated after something like that
Dimitry I think you just need to lay low now.. you have entered the "friend zone" for sure. Shes got feelings for this guy and there isn't too much you can do except be there as a friend for her and just get to know her like that. I have personally gone thru that many times and when the time came around for us to be more than friends.. I knew too much and didn't really see the relationship benefitting me. Hopefully in your case things will work out in their own time but for now, just be there as her friend and don't pressure her with your feelings for her.
Old 06-22-2002, 01:15 AM   #14
juvenile

One thing I want to mention is that she is also pretty much int he same position with this game. Maybe a bit further because she met him earlier. they aren't going out. she's just getting to know him, and is doing things with him to see if she likes him.

she's pretty much doing the same with me or else she wouldn't do what she did with me. and I know this because she told me of other guys that she turned down before.
Old 06-22-2002, 03:33 PM   #15
2000Pimpinex
Super Moderator

Your screwed. "Friend Zone" for life!!! There is no escaping it. Plus she is thinking about the other guy. Good luck.
1985 Ford Bronco XLT 5.8 351W
w/ 33X12.5X15
2000Pimpinex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2002, 03:10 PM   #16
DsBlu01CivEX

ok ok ok...give him a lil bit here guys...She was worried about how she looked for him, and she was complimenting him. On the other hand....DON'T GET TOO CAUGHT UP ON HER!!!! She is going on "dates" with both of you guys (and who knows maybe a few others she's not telling you about), if she chooses the other guy to date and keep you as a close guy friend....sorta like her brother, you don't want things to get ackward cuz you have stronger feelings for her than she does for you. The cruise thing sounds like a cool idea....just keep it simple though. Don't make it feel like you are pressuring her about anything. Play it cool. Relax and be yourself.

Oh and max...just cuz a guy pays for dinner and lays a nice tip...doesnt mean that all girls are gonna expect that guy to be Mr. Warbucks and expect everything in the world materialistically from him. There are some girls out there *cough*me*cough* that don't mind payin for the guy occassionally. Relationships should be give and take...all relationships...friends, dating, marriages, etc etc.

http://www.myspace.com/kenike
DsBlu01CivEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2002, 08:13 PM   #17
mt.biker

dude! beforeyou drop $140 on this girl think about all the other things you could do with that money!

you could see a bunch of movies with her, investing $140 into this relationship seems very stupid. DONT RUSH THINGS! write it somewhere and dont forget it, slow down there little man!
Old 06-24-2002, 12:06 AM   #18
juvenile

I'M NOT LITTLE! 5"9 for your info!

and btw,s he already have plans for that day (camping), so she can't come, but said it sounded liek something amazing, and would have loved to do it.
Old 06-24-2002, 01:40 AM   #19
alwaysbed

just do her in the butt.
Old 06-24-2002, 01:51 AM   #20
juvenile

Quote:
Originally posted by alwaysbed
just do her in the butt.
Old 06-24-2002, 07:56 AM   #21
mt.biker

Quote:
Originally posted by juvenile
I'M NOT LITTLE! 5"9 for your info!

and btw,s he already have plans for that day (camping), so she can't come, but said it sounded liek something amazing, and would have loved to do it.

alright maybe she thinks its amazing but aren't you saving for a car? you still owe me money and your gonna drop $140 on this girl on a second outing with her?

sounds like your falling head over heels for this girl, better hope she feels the same otherwise money like that is just wasted. Putting that kind of money down on an outting needs there to be a relationship there. If you split the costs maybe it would make more sense, but $140 for her to coem with you just sounds stupid, dont forget she makes more money then you and doesn't have a car, dont let your pride get in the way of her paying her way.