::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Kill Stories
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-05-2002, 09:18 PM   #1
mt.biker

a kill story like no other

thats because it was a bike kill and i'm not talking about a sport bike.. the story begins like this....

(translated into American)
I was riding at ~22mph, when i hear someone come up behind me. I look behind me to see a this girl all in yellow coming up behind me, w00t w00t i think. As she gets closer i see shes a girl i see around work, well shes not a girl shes late 20s.

As she pulls up beside me a hear her downshift (for you non bikers before you sprint aka get out of the saddle you shift to a harder gear to get more power) then smoothly she gets out of the saddle and starts to pull on me. I just about shit my pants! Well i'm never one (car, bike or other means) to be shown up racing. So boom i'm up there out of the saddle running through the gears, shes sticking there right beside me. (i'm really suprised by this) we get into the mid 30s mph ( around 48km/h) and i see her trying even hard, so i'm putting the hammer down now. Its all, not gonna let this woman pull away from me, i would never be able to show my face around work again. So I shiftinto my last gear now running 53-11 (53teeth up front and 11teeth in the back, if you know thats a really hard gear). All i hear around me is wind rushing by my ears. She starts to fall away, slowly but shes fallling back. To make sure she doesn't attack again i push it just above 37mph to 39mph and sit back down.

I've never hit speeds like that (was on my road bike), your supposed to break em in a bit before you start putting down that much power. According to some stats i put out 1.28 horse power durring that event, max speed durring race was 37mph and we travelled just over 1/2 a mile.(got a cool bike computer that give me these kinda read outs)
Old 08-05-2002, 10:38 PM   #2
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

lol man.

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2002, 09:14 PM   #3
mt.biker

Quote:
Originally posted by hondaman-iac
lol man.

you must be the only one who thinks this is interesting, no one else has said shit about this post.. i guess no one likes bikes
Old 08-06-2002, 10:22 PM   #4
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

so what rpm did you vtec kick in ? jfwy

Old 08-06-2002, 10:30 PM   #5
Wren57

Thats very cool. Ive had similar experiences while running track (which we have to do in PE), but since my toes point slightly outward... gimme a break... i can't run for shit, but I try ... nice kill. Any word from work about it?
Old 08-06-2002, 10:36 PM   #6
mt.biker

Quote:
so what rpm did you vtec kick in ? jfwy

well you hit your best proformance around 75-90rpm, higher then that and your just spinning the gears, lower then that your just not effiecent.

that inmind, vtec kicks in @82-87rpm,.
Old 08-06-2002, 10:36 PM   #7
mt.biker

Quote:
Originally posted by highlander
Thats very cool. Ive had similar experiences while running track (which we have to do in PE), but since my toes point slightly outward... gimme a break... i can't run for shit, but I try ... nice kill. Any word from work about it?

no word at work yet, i haven't had a chance to mention it to them. :( i'm working to ****ing hard
Old 08-07-2002, 05:25 AM   #8
Surfr

Quote:
Originally posted by mt.biker

well you hit your best proformance around 75-90rpm, higher then that and your just spinning the gears, lower then that your just not effiecent.

Now I may be totally incorrect on this, but I recall that 120rpm (at the crank) was theoretically the most efficient.
Old 08-07-2002, 07:47 AM   #9
mt.biker

Quote:
Originally posted by Surfr

Now I may be totally incorrect on this, but I recall that 120rpm (at the crank) was theoretically the most efficient.

mate have you ever tried spinning that fast?
Old 08-07-2002, 08:34 AM   #10
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

That's funny. It lives up to the title.......
Old 08-07-2002, 08:36 AM   #11
Surfr

nah, I've never had a monitor on my cranks. I have tried to count it out though and its definately fast. As I said, I may be confused on the whole issue anyway
Old 08-07-2002, 12:53 PM   #12
mt.biker

Quote:
Originally posted by Surfr
nah, I've never had a monitor on my cranks. I have tried to count it out though and its definately fast. As I said, I may be confused on the whole issue anyway

alright dude, well i'll tell you on a road bike your supposed to spin between 70-90rpm
Old 08-13-2002, 08:03 AM   #13
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

OMG! The mental pictures are just funny as hell!!!!

I can see biker pulling over, after she is out of site and waiting for her going "Yah girl you got smoked!"
Old 08-16-2002, 03:08 AM   #14
gixer

ive taken a busa up to 190+ mph... 192 to be exact... just thought i'd share the most terrifying bike ride of my life... though im pretty sure i could've hit 200
Old 08-16-2002, 08:09 AM   #15
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

Quote:
Originally posted by gixer
ive taken a busa up to 190+ mph... 192 to be exact... just thought i'd share the most terrifying bike ride of my life... though im pretty sure i could've hit 200

wow. so how does it feel like at 200mph ?

Old 08-17-2002, 05:08 PM   #16
gixer

Quote:

wow. so how does it feel like at 200mph ?

didn't quite get there, but im pretty sure it'll make me jizz...