::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-08-2003, 02:11 PM   #1
zm_dawg

girls.....vday....

Get my mind off this business shi'ite.....
Does everyone believe in the same old roses and BS for their girlfriends......who has girlfriends lol....?
I've been with this girl i met in HS for 17 months now.....She graduates this year....our situation is prolly different then anyone one of you guys have ever endured in your life.....but thats prolly why it's so special....and she's also.....pretty dam cute...
well lets hear it......your situations.....ideas for the big day....
i'm xtra special bday is 2 days after....vday......
ha....3 non stop nights...of...talkin
Old 02-08-2003, 02:58 PM   #2
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

well i really don't know what to say. i've been single for the past 22 years, with small interuptions.

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2003, 04:17 PM   #3
blind34_1

thats a lota periods in that post!

I dont beleive in roses, but for most guys its required or you wont get laid for a while. my sitiuation is diff, because she specifically told me not to get her roses, cause they just die and its depressing. so thats cool.

I'm getting my gf all new speakers for her del sol. she needs them badly, considering the rears are blown. I'm also buying her this cd she wants and we're going to a movie she wants to see.

She's been hinting she wants jewelery, but thats coming up here in april, for our one year. I dont think v-day is cause to buy things like that. vday has no real significance, it is only the result of overbearing advertising and crap.
blind34_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2003, 06:02 PM   #4
GirlRacer

I personally don't think it's depressing when roses die. It sux, but not depressing. I don't think its so much to flowers that we like. I think it's just getting things at work or school, or during the day when everyone's around.

It's fun to watch other girls be envious of you.

And, having said that, I probly just jinxed myself.
Old 02-09-2003, 06:49 PM   #5
Shot 2 Hel

Re: girls.....vday....

Quote:
Originally posted by zm_dawg

i'm xtra special bday is 2 days after....vday......
ha....3 non stop nights...of...talkin

ha got that beat mine is one day after
Old 02-09-2003, 06:55 PM   #6
DsBlu01CivEX

Quote:
Originally posted by GirlRacer

It's fun to watch other girls be envious of you.

yes that is quite fun!!!! But on the topic of Valentines Day....I hate the damn holiday. And it's not because I never get anything on that day (which I don't) I just think it's a bullsh!t holiday. People are supposed to show their affection for one another all year round not just a couple days out of the year (I'm talkin Xmas/Haunakah, Valentines, b-days, anniversaries...the typical gift giving holidays). I tend to be a hopeless romantic and if I had a bf I'd want something sentimental from him (like buying a nice picture frame that you know your girl would like and framing the first picture or favorite picture of the 2 of you together). I suggested to a friend that isn't going to get to see his girl on Valentine's Day, that if he hadn't bought her anything yet, get a friend to go along shopping with you and make a video tape of you buying her gift....then she still gets to see you and the process of which you spend an entire day thinking about what she would want as a gift. I dunno...stuff like that I just think is really sweet.

http://www.myspace.com/kenike
DsBlu01CivEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2003, 09:36 PM   #7
Wren57

I dont agree with getting flowers, chocolate, or jewelry as gifts... they just don't seem practical and are so common they don't show the thoughtfulness of the buyer (me)... I have been with my current girlfriend for a little over 16 months now, and have gotten her the following:
2 hours at a proffesional recording studio (1st christmas after 3 months going out)
Computer recording software, microphone and mic stand (her birthday/vday after 5 months going out)
Kenwood Excelon Speakers for her car (1yr anniv.)
Casio WK-1630 Keyboard for this previous Christmas
yeah, shes a very musical person that plays guitar and piano, writes her on music and lyrics, so I'm trying to promote that... its better to find a gift that can be used regularly rather than something that is rarely used... that way she can enjoy it much more if she is interested in the gift and if she can do something with it other than look at how pretty it is or eat it... just my thoughts...
Old 02-09-2003, 10:16 PM   #8
blind34_1

yay! now Im not the only one that thinks that normal gifts (not neccessarily flowers) are okay on valentines day.

I figure, give something that has purpose and function. every now and then something purely for form is a good idea.
blind34_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2003, 10:50 PM   #9
mt.biker

I agree with all of you people, v-day is not the only day to make the girl in your life feel special. It is however a great time to go a little out of your way to make her feel wonderful.

As for the gift ideas, if its from the heart then it shouldn't matter to her. Flowers aren't a bad idea if she really likes flowers. Some girls go crazy over flowers, if she's one of them then why not go with flowers.

Heck isn't the point of the day just to show someone they mean alot to ya? Maybe i'll all wrong on this, who knows? Doesn't mean you have to give her the world or its the only date out of the year you can do this, but an effort is still require IMO.
Old 02-10-2003, 12:24 PM   #10
msvtec14

Valentines day sucks. I've never been a big fan. It's hard to explain. Oh, let me do something nice for my BF/GF because it's Valentines day and I have to. NO. It shouldn't be that way. Nice, random things should just be done sporadically.

The above is something that I posted in another thread on stupid V-Day. I just needed to say it again before I go on. There is nothing like a homemade gift. My last BF of a long time was also anti V-Day. He made me the sweetest card. And he wrote on it obviously. He just wrote how he felt and all that. He took the time to make that for me and he put a lot of thought and feelings into it. And that meant more to me then any other generic gift that he could've just picked out.
Old 02-10-2003, 12:32 PM   #11
mt.biker

Quote:
Originally posted by msvtec14
And that meant more to me then any other generic gift that he could've just picked out.

well thats fine and all that he was creative enough to make his own card up and it not look like shit. Just because you get something that is bought doesnt mean that the person didn't spend the time in and energy to try and get you something from the heart.

When I get a card or a gift I try to think about what the person might use/like. Sometimes that means I know what I need to get and just go out there and buy her that. But more often then not it involves alot of thinking and shopping. The last v-day card I bought I read every v-day card in the shop, took me some 2 maybe 3 hours to do but I finally found the card that said what I was trying to get across. Now if you say "rob you took the easy way out and should have done something from the heart" and I'll tell you that I consider that from the heart.
Old 02-10-2003, 12:45 PM   #12
msvtec14

Just because you get something that is bought doesnt mean that the person didn't spend the time in and energy to try and get you something from the heart. < I never said that. He's bought me things that I still have that mean just as much to me. I'm just really anti V-Day and flowers or jewelry or candy would not have meant as much. This one time he bought me this huge stuffed turtle in NYC because he saw it and thought of me. And just the fact that I knew that he carried this thing around NYC made me appreciate it so much more.
Old 02-10-2003, 12:48 PM   #13
mt.biker

Quote:
Originally posted by msvtec14
Just because you get something that is bought doesnt mean that the person didn't spend the time in and energy to try and get you something from the heart. < I never said that. He's bought me things that I still have that mean just as much to me. I'm just really anti V-Day and flowers or jewelry or candy would not have meant as much. This one time he bought me this huge stuffed turtle in NYC because he saw it and thought of me. And just the fact that I knew that he carried this thing around NYC made me appreciate it so much more.

Ah, ok i follow you now. I think there is a healthy balance, and that v-day shouldn't be hated.
Old 02-10-2003, 01:12 PM   #14
msvtec14

Quote:
Originally posted by mt.biker
Ah, ok i follow you now. I think there is a healthy balance, and that v-day shouldn't be hated.

Ok, I don't hate v-day because I'm not sentimental or romantic. I guess on past v-Days, I've thought that maybe things of that sort should be done more often by guys and girls and more sporadically...I'm saying the same thing that I said in my above post. It's just not something that I really care about a lot. This year one of my very good friends is getting married. That's what I will be doing.
Old 02-10-2003, 02:52 PM   #15
TerKel00

OK..seriously...I never had a really good V-day myself. It would be nice to get roses or something, but I seriously dont care. Its true your supposed to treat your girl right no matter if its V-day or not. My bf and I broke up a few weeks back so its gonna be a bummin' V-day for me. And on top of it..my best friends(who are single too) are taking out my ex for V-day cause he had nothing to do. We are all friends..but ugh!! Now I have to stay home cause I cant go with my friends cause theyre gonna be with my ex!! Grrrrr...FUN IS!! Cant wait til this love crap is over!!

Kelly~
Old 02-10-2003, 06:14 PM   #16
Quevv

Re: Re: girls.....vday....

Quote:
Originally posted by Shot 2 Hel
ha got that beat mine is one day after

hmmm Mine is the day of Valentines day. I feel sorry for my GF
Old 02-11-2003, 05:48 AM   #17
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
Originally posted by TerKel00
OK..seriously...I never had a really good V-day myself. It would be nice to get roses or something, but I seriously dont care. Its true your supposed to treat your girl right no matter if its V-day or not. My bf and I broke up a few weeks back so its gonna be a bummin' V-day for me. And on top of it..my best friends(who are single too) are taking out my ex for V-day cause he had nothing to do. We are all friends..but ugh!! Now I have to stay home cause I cant go with my friends cause theyre gonna be with my ex!! Grrrrr...FUN IS!! Cant wait til this love crap is over!!

Kelly~

Just a side note...those girls don't really sound like very good "best" friends. They'd rather be with your ex than you on a day when they know you'll be a little down? Either they're complete morons or bad friends.

As for V-day...it's total crap. If you can't show someone you care for them without flowers or candy or whatever then you don't deserve them...or anyone for that matter. Love is about exactly that...love. It's not chocolate and roses. Yes, most women will expect you to buy them stuff and if you wanna get laid in the next few weeks it's probably a good idea but you should make sure that V-day is just another day. Make sure you keep every day just as great or you don't deserve what you have.
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2003, 10:15 AM   #18
msvtec14

Quote:

Kelly~

I really don't think that it's too cool about your friends taking your ex out. Girls have to stick with thier girls in times like that. And boys needs to stick with thier boys. Keep your head up girl.
Old 02-11-2003, 01:44 PM   #19
TerKel00

Well yeah I know it sucks. But my friend Laurie has been friends with my ex for a long time and she asked him to out with her before me and my more recent ex broke up. I told her I dont care cause I know she asked him first. It just sucks. So now Im looking for any loser to go out with just to go out! My underage friends think I should go to the bar by myself. I am A OK with doing that. Thats really pathetic..Id rather stay home with low fat rocky road ice cream and "Sweet Home Alabama"!! hahaha How depressing!!

Kelly~
Old 02-11-2003, 02:16 PM   #20
zm_dawg

Quote:
Well yeah I know it sucks. But my friend Laurie has been friends with my ex for a long time and she asked him to out with her before me and my more recent ex broke up. I told her I dont care cause I know she asked him first. It just sucks. So now Im looking for any loser to go out with just to go out! My underage friends think I should go to the bar by myself. I am A OK with doing that. Thats really pathetic..Id rather stay home with low fat rocky road ice cream and "Sweet Home Alabama"!! hahaha How depressing!!

Kelly~

Well if you're hot and I ever am single I guess we can go out.....or whatever....sweet home alabama is a good movie...prolly not by yourself....watched it w/ my girlfriend this weekend...sorry...lol.....Feel better.
Old 02-11-2003, 02:35 PM   #21
msvtec14

Quote:

Kelly~

Melissa is confused. So much so that she is talking in the 3rd person.

So they're taking out the ex that you had before the boyfriend that you just broke up with?
Old 02-11-2003, 03:29 PM   #22
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

^me too...I am drawing a complete blank... oh well... Im sitting on my but Vday...Ive always hated this stupid holiday...probably cause I never have anyone to share it with
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2003, 03:45 PM   #23
TerKel00

hehe..sorry to confuse you guys! The ex my friends are going out with I went out for over 3 years with. Shes been like best friends with him since before I knew him. And she felt bad cause she knew he would have nothing to do. They are just friends. So anyways..she asked him to go while I was still with someone at the time. Then we broke up about a week ago. So now Im stuck doing nothing cause my friends are going out with him...I wont go cause he has no idea that I broke up with this guy I was seeing for a couple months. I dont want him to know cause then he will be calling me like crazy wanting a second chance. So...be it!! Everyone ok now? Or do I need to use names! hahaha

Kelly~
Old 02-12-2003, 09:36 AM   #24
msvtec14

Ah. I see. Ok. Thanks.