::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > High Performance > Turbo
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-20-2002, 12:58 PM   #1
98civicEX

Hey guys new to hondastyle ?'s about turbo timers

Well i'm glad i rgistered because this looks like a very cool place. i have a 98 civic and i'm in the middle of my project turbo. i'm going to be getting a 92-95 greddy kit, but i'm still waiting to find it at a good price. in the mean time i've been buying the small things to get me ready. i'm currently looking for a simple but good turbo timer. any suggestions? also any good places to look for one at. was also wondering what's a good price to pay for a intercooled greddy kit new or used. thanks for input guys.
Old 01-20-2002, 06:26 PM   #2
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Check out Groupbuycenter.com You can find some good deals on stuff like that there.. also Turbo Imports.com have some decent prices too. I cant really tell you whats good or bad, But if you stick with the usual Greddy, Blitz, Apex'i... You should be in good shape I would imagine.
Old 01-20-2002, 08:57 PM   #3
xbird

what exactly do u want??

WHAT do u want??
the greddy turbo kit?? greddy intercooler?? if u r getting turbo kit, u will also need a blow off value...
send me an email i will quote u a price
remember to email with all the stuff and brand u want
thanks
good luck on ur project
Old 01-28-2002, 02:27 PM   #4
thermal
Banning Machine

u really do not need any fancy turbo timer. the GReddy timer are very easy to work with and easy to install. it has other functions that i do not even use. my GReddy turbo timer cost me less than $100. i think it was $60, but it was because i made a big purchase that day in that store. try www.ARDPerformance.com

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
thermal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2002, 12:22 AM   #5
turbod97ex

Here are the prices on the Greddy kit:

Greddy Turbo - $1496
Greddy small Intercooler - $599
Greddy Type S BOV - $189
BOV flange - $31
Welding the BOV flange to the charge pipe - $20 If you don't get the flange welded then you will have to find someone locally to do it for you and they will definitely charge you way more than $20. I have heard as much as $80 which is way too much. The charge pipe has to be cut and the flange cut and mated to it. This is where you mount your BOV.
Greddy 52mm electronic boost gauge $130
Greddy Turbo Timer $79
Gauge Pod - 2 gauge $15. Personally, I would rather get the Autometer Cluster bezel that is around $70. It fits in the dash.
TurboXS Manual Boost Controller - $79 The boost controller really helps the turbo to spool faster and smoother.

I have heard of people paying as much as the retail price, $1995 OUCH, and as low as $1370 because they knew the owner of the store. As far as used kits go, just like anything else that is used, the condition of it matters a lot. A kit in great condition should be around a grand to 1200.