.:HSTuners::

::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions > Battle of the Sexes
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-10-2002, 12:05 PM   #1
LudeBitch

Enlighten me, please!

My sister and I are both scratching our heads about this one which is very unusual. What does it mean when someone says that they're in love with you? What is the difference between that and just saying "I love you?" Input would be much appreciated! Thanks in advance!
Old 07-10-2002, 12:07 PM   #2
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

different wording?

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
ChrisCantSkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2002, 12:10 PM   #3
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

Quote:
Originally posted by 4thGenlude
different wording?

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2002, 12:37 PM   #4
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Depends on the way its said I guess..
Old 07-10-2002, 12:46 PM   #5
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

if a guy said it to a girl, the girl is probobly looking too far into it, we have shallow minds that dont think that hard and dont have a double meaning to everything we say. sometimes what you hear, is what we ment.

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
ChrisCantSkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2002, 02:24 PM   #6
spoogenet

I love my family. I love my ferret. I love my ride. I don't love my job.

I wouldn't say I'm "in love" with any of them.

Of course just what it all means varies from person to person, but to me "in love" implies a sense of intimacy and reciprocal feeling, someone who makes me think Valentine's day isn't just another Halmark holiday, somebody I want to be with both physically and emotionally.

Love can be a one-way street, but you can only be "in love" with someone who's in love with you. Kinda like you can take someone out, but that doesn't mean you're "going out" with that person. Yeah, so that's my little analogy...love is like taking someone out.

b
Old 07-10-2002, 04:06 PM   #7
mt.biker

Quote:
Originally posted by spoogenet

Of course just what it all means varies from person to person, but to me "in love" implies a sense of intimacy and reciprocal feeling, someone who makes me think Valentine's day isn't just another Halmark holiday, somebody I want to be with both physically and emotionally.

Love can be a one-way street, but you can only be "in love" with someone who's in love with you. Kinda like you can take someone out, but that doesn't mean you're "going out" with that person. Yeah, so that's my little analogy...love is like taking someone out.

b

well said mate, thats what i was thinking. I'm in love with driving and biking. But thats because my car/bike always treat me right, never ***** about this and that.
Old 07-11-2002, 12:10 AM   #8
juvenile

Quote:
Originally posted by mt.biker

well said mate, thats what i was thinking. I'm in love with driving and biking. But thats because my car/bike always treat me right, never ***** about this and that.

reminds me of that motoroil commerial with that mustang (I think).
and it's like
"She never complains to you about this and that. She never asks questions like 'Do I look fat'? etc etc."
and it kept on going about why cars are better than chics for like 30 seconds to the stang drivin on rough conditions. That was a good commerical
Old 07-12-2002, 06:37 PM   #9
DsBlu01CivEX

Quote:
Originally posted by spoogenet

b

agreed

http://www.myspace.com/kenike
DsBlu01CivEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2002, 02:49 PM   #10
cutiepy701

I think there is a big difference. And alot of times people really don't know the difference.
Granted, "in love" is used and abused, and girls really do dig more into it then should be.

You can love alot of things, people...ect....
I love all my friends, I love my car. Love is such a broad use.
Relationship use of "love" is where it gets complicated.

I've been in numerous relationships where I have loved the person. You love who they are, the way they act, how they treat you.

Being "in love" with someone, to me, is completely different. And I defenitly agree that you can't be in love with someone unless they are in love with you.
To me when your in love with someone, you don't just love them as a person, its kinda like a different frame of mind. Like a total euphoria (sp)
I don't know, I can't really explain it. Now I feel like Im babbling because there is really no way to explain "being in love" with anyone. It is a feeling, an emotion, a mental state. It is truly unexplainable, and only feelable. nuff said
Old 07-22-2002, 07:04 PM   #11
insomniac_91

I totally agree with what everyone is saying. But sometimes you get trick into feelings because your partner is not telling you whole truths. And you fall for what you thought that person was. You know what I mean. So I ask you'll this what was that feeling you felt? Was it really Love that you felt for that week, 2 weeks so on and so forth?
Old 07-22-2002, 08:00 PM   #12
mt.biker

Quote:
Originally posted by insomniac_91
I totally agree with what everyone is saying. But sometimes you get trick into feelings because your partner is not telling you whole truths. And you fall for what you thought that person was. You know what I mean. So I ask you'll this what was that feeling you felt? Was it really Love that you felt for that week, 2 weeks so on and so forth?

dude couldn't agree more, sometimes you fall for the fake things that a person represents. I would say i've never loved a girl i've dated. Maybe at the time i though i loved her, but later you realize you weren't thank God i never told her that.

also alot of girls and guys confuse love and lust!
Old 07-23-2002, 09:19 AM   #13
spoogenet

The person doesn't have to necessarily lie about anything or misrepresent the truth for that to happen. It could also be due to a little sumthin sumthin psychologists like to call projection. People tend to project qualities on somebody as who they want the person to be, rather than who the person really is.

Think of it like this.....ever known a guy/girl who you thought would just be perfect for you? Probably somebody you didn't know all that well, the cute girl/guy in class that you always wanted to date and thought was the sweetest most bestest greatest (insert more mushy crap) person.....then went on a date or really talked with the person and realized that hell would have to freeze over before you'd even think he/she is a decent human being? Ok, so maybe it's exaggerated.....but I'm sure most people have encountered a situation of some similarity. Projections, 'nuff said.

Sometimes we only hear what we want to hear, it's not always somebody else leaving things out. Sometimes we get lied to....then it's somebody else's fault.

b
Old 07-23-2002, 10:26 AM   #14
mt.biker

i can believe that!
Old 07-23-2002, 11:19 AM   #15
cutiepy701

I totally agree with spooge. Lots of times we love what we want to love, or the thought of being in love. things can be very decieving at first, that is why it is always best to be honest and straightforward with someone before you decide on a relationship. And if it is love that you think you feel in the beginning, I would definitely wait it out and see if you still feel that way a month or two down the road, then tell the person. Lots of things are decieving, especially people
Old 07-29-2002, 12:01 AM   #16
HoNdAaCcOrDpNaY

Mebe.. wen they say that they're in love wid u is to let u kno wut dey feel inside, yah kno? something coming 4rm da heart.. n wen dey say I LOVE YOU.. it's jus wen they're reminding u of how dey feel inside.. *ShUrGs ShOuLdErS *.. i dunno. mebe datz wut it is.. hehe
Old 07-29-2002, 08:12 AM   #17
mt.biker

Quote:
Originally posted by HoNdAaCcOrDpNaY
Mebe.. wen they say that they're in love wid u is to let u kno wut dey feel inside, yah kno? something coming 4rm da heart.. n wen dey say I LOVE YOU.. it's jus wen they're reminding u of how dey feel inside.. *ShUrGs ShOuLdErS *.. i dunno. mebe datz wut it is.. hehe

dam, thats some gangstar talk!
Old 08-01-2002, 02:02 AM   #18
toykilla

I love you but I'm not in love with you. Such as your mother or pet.
Old 08-01-2002, 02:42 AM   #19
FeelMyRide

Its definately a way to show intimacy.. saying "I love you" can be deep (depending if its sincere and who you are saying it to) but telling a guy/girl you are in love with them is much deeper. Its sorta almost them wanting it to be a mutual feeling.. "I love you" is how you feel about someone.. "In love with you" is something this person may think you both share.
Does that make ANY sense?!