Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > New Kid on the Block
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-28-2003, 06:29 PM   #1
gooters

advise for the new guy?

hi,

I am in the market for a new vehicle, but I really cant find anything that fits my bill perfectly...sooo I need your help!

I would go for the 350Z if dealers werent tooling everyone as they walk out the door with one (prices waaay too hight still). Also, I dont like the complete lack of passenger/cargo space.

I want a car that is fast, comfortable, useful...in that order
I drove the new accord coupe V-6 (6 speed) and I loved everything about it...except the performance
But then I saw this --->http://www.importtuner.com/features/0303it_41one/

All they did was add intake and exhaust for 300 hp!?!?! Do you guys know about this? Do you think this car would fit the bill for me with these upgrades? I cant find too much detailed info. on the upgrades for the concept:o

Hey, if I end up getting one, I can show you guys pics as I upgrade!!
Old 04-29-2003, 02:45 PM   #2
Shot 2 Hel

whats the amount that you can spend? That would say a whole lot more
Old 04-29-2003, 03:01 PM   #3
gooters

well, I wouldnt want to spend enough so that I should have gotten a 911 or something, but I could justify between 1000 and 2000 on engine mods. Do you know anything about the mods they did on the concept...its just hard for me to believe that you can get 60hp extra with intake and exhaust only?!
Old 04-29-2003, 03:46 PM   #4
Accord Man
THE GENERAL

it has a CL Type S engine.. Stock 260 hp.. ECU wise there really isnt much to do on that engine, but I know there are some exhaust manifold issues.. If I'm not mistaken it was for CARB reasons..
HondaStyle.com Babysitter's Club Member #0

Soon to be >Dr Max Immuh<
Accord Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2003, 05:00 PM   #5
4jacks

I really dont think it is possible to get 60 hp from exhaust and intake.

And coming from me this is serious stuff.

you can look up my post where I avidly debate gains of 10-15hp were within reason, and everyone else was saying 5-7 was more realistic.

If you want a cheap modification that adds 60 hp get NO2 installed. You can get a nice setup installed for $1000 bottle warmer and everything.

Happy Honda'ing

Happy Honda'ing
4jacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2003, 05:56 PM   #6
RU_Teg

hey...welcome to hondastyle...hope u like it here and enjoy ur stay!
Old 05-05-2003, 06:40 PM   #7
TeriyakiBroccoli
5th Gear

240. But we cant have too many people sportin' them or they'll die out like civics.

everyone loves the turbizzim.
TeriyakiBroccoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2003, 11:41 PM   #8
silver

you can get huge gains from intake and exhaust modifications, but most people think of an aftermarket intake and a catback as what that mod entails. they are talking about the entire intake and exhaust track, from filter, to piping, to throttle body, to intake manifold, to header, to cat, to muffler, to atmosphere. I didn't see anywhere where it said it was a 60hp gain though, but with a well engineered race inspired airflow design, you can accomplish a 20% increase in power.

most concept cars end as that, a concept. rarely do the parts used come out unless there is a sufficient market for them.
have you thought about an ser spec-v? the 2003 model comes with a brand new designed 6spd tranny and different engine internals, skyline inspired seats, lsd, 2.5l motor putting down 175hp and 180lbs/tq at the crank. plus it has a big aftermarket support. the 2004 comes with brembo 4 piston calipers up front. and it all comes in a handy and practical 4 door design.
so your requirements:
fast-high 14 second car stock
comfortable-you need to sit in those seats to understand
useful-4 doors and a big trunk
all for under 20K.
Top Secret, Ings+1, J's Racing, Varis, Amuse, ASM, GP Sports, Air Walker, Garage Defend, Kakimoto, BuddyClub, Feel's, Fujitsubo, Porterfield, KG/MM, ORC, Spoon, Mugen, and more than 200 others. If it's in a Hyper Rev, it's in our reach.

http://www.bulletproofautomotive.com
silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2003, 04:30 PM   #9
Twilight02ZX3

Well depending on the money you have to spent I wouold either get a 97 Supra TT mmmmmmm, or a mewer 3000GT VR-4.
Old 05-06-2003, 10:15 PM   #10
gooters

thx for the advise guys, silver good idea. I have eliminated the Sentra because, well, it seems a little pedestrian for my taste.

I test drove an Acura S-Type and LOVED it. I will buy the Z if the test drive sells me the car...otherwise I am thinkin the RSX probably. I love the Accord, but I am not willing to pay that price without the performance I am looking for...although it is tempting as this car has ALOT of comfort and is still reasonable sporty.

I guess i am just super picky.
Old 05-12-2003, 02:45 PM   #11
CD5Passion

my friend has an RSX and he says it's really not worth the payments, I've grown tired of it myself, but it's your decision buddy
welcome to our home by the way
Old 05-16-2003, 03:11 PM   #12
Shot 2 Hel

EVO VII or WRX is what i would say get