.:HSTuners::

::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-05-2003, 12:06 AM   #41
wheresmylicense

GT40, to my understanding, you're saying that to be a talented musician/band, you have to swear, worship the devil, bite the heads off of bats, etc.? that's rediculous. being a talented musician has nothing to do with what you're singing about. talent comes from the intruments, and the instruments aren't labeled "CHRISTIAN GUITAR" and "CHRISTIAN DRUMS." you probably don't play any instruments, so you wouldn't understand. i forgive you.

Pictures of My Baby
wheresmylicense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2003, 01:54 AM   #42
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
Originally posted by wheresmylicense
GT40, to my understanding, you're saying that to be a talented musician/band, you have to swear, worship the devil, bite the heads off of bats, etc.? that's rediculous. being a talented musician has nothing to do with what you're singing about. talent comes from the intruments, and the instruments aren't labeled "CHRISTIAN GUITAR" and "CHRISTIAN DRUMS." you probably don't play any instruments, so you wouldn't understand. i forgive you.

Wow...you guys sure know how to flog a dead horse. I thought this thread died about a month ago. Ok...to reply...to be talented do you have to swear, worship the devil, blah blah blah? No. But christian music is not legitimate. 90% of those bands are bands that couldn't make it as REAL artists so they turn to a much smaller demographic (i.e. bigger fish in a smaller pond). So I suppose in one manner of speaking I AM saying that those who "create" christian music are not talented. Talented music is an amalgamation of merging factors...not just instrumentation. It's about content and message and connectivity to those who you're trying to reach(among many other factors). Ever watch one of those infomercials on late night TV? It's always one album full of four or five bands who all do the same songs. I suppose it's hard to write inspiring material when you're talking about something as uninspiring as religion, though. I mean...when you're just a sheep that follows the herd it's got to be hard to truely know how to think for yourself and write original and fresh material. So yeah...when I wanna sing hymns and songs that other bands have done a dozen times before me I'll start up a christian group. Until then christian bands can suck my wang with their "god is awesome" bullshit and go back to the church choir where those bitches belong and stop trying to legitimize themselves amongst other artists who have REAL messages and REAL talent. Oh...and I stand by my previous statement...REAL rock music IS the work of the devil. That doesn't mean human sacrifice or ritual chanting or anything else you'll also find in most christian churches (you know...the eucharist (the body and blood of christ?....you cannibalistic f@ckers) and hymnals). It's about realistically (and sometimes unrealistically) portraying the most carnal and basic desires, feelings, and insticts that we all have. Continue to hide them if you want, but I relish in them and don't pretend to be anything I'm not.

Oh...and by the by...I DO play instruments...with an "s" as in plural. Namely guitar and I sing in a band but I can also play bass, a little piano, a little cello, and (if I'm forced to) the drums. Don't forgive me for anything...I've done nothing wrong.
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika

Last edited by GT40FIED : 09-05-2003 at 01:59 AM.
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2003, 06:02 AM   #43
93Honda

all hail gt, all hail gt