Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Accord
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-15-2003, 01:44 PM   #1
JudoAnt
1st Gear

cat replacement??

Does anyone make a strait pipe replacement you could put in place of your catalytic converter. I know they make them for mustangs, but does anyone know were you could get one for an accord. Hypothetically speeking.. Better yet, has anyone ever tried to take a broom handle or something else and gut the cat?? I've heard some you can and some you can't.

Last edited by JudoAnt : 02-15-2003 at 01:59 PM.
JudoAnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2003, 01:18 AM   #2
Spazum888
3rd Gear

The state fines can be heavy for removing your catalytic converter. I've heard of $5000 fines in California, but being from Kentucky, you should be fine.
Sure, you can weld a straight pipe, to replace your cat, but finding a muffler place that will do it might be kind of hard. Gutting out your cat is another option, but you may end up with a "ting"ing sound or rattleing. In my opinion, I would go with a high-flow cat, from MagnaFlow or like company. That will set you back $50 - $100, and it's a simple bolt-on, (compared to having to weld). That way, you still have a functioning cat but the flow at the same time.

Also, you know if you get a high-flow cat, in the higher RPM's (or VTEC) a thing black smoke may come out of your exhaust, since it won't be burnt up in cat... right?

Girls are like internet domain names, the ones I like are already taken.
well, you can stil get one from a strange country :-P
Spazum888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2003, 02:58 PM   #3
blind34_1

im pretty sure its a federal offense to remove a catalytic converter that is functional, so youll have probs getting a place to do it. You can buy aftermarket hiflow cats for about 100-150. prolly like 1 to 1.5 hp gain.
blind34_1 is offline   Reply With Quote