::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Civic/Del Sol
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-22-2003, 09:38 AM   #1
98CivicDude

Understanding an air/fuel ratio gauge

okay this may sound like s tupid question to some, but how do you read an air/fuel ratio gauge ? I've got the Autometer one (the on with 3 wires) and it's all hooked up right and soldered together and everything. The oly part im not understanding is how to read it. At idle it jups all over the place and when im driving it does it to. I've heard that it only counts what it says when your at WOT. When im a WOT it reads RICH. I've heard for nitous use i want to be in the STOICH area. Also, when im downshifting coming to a stop the gauge shuts off. Is it supposed to do that ? If you could please help me, id appreciate it. One more question: Which other gauge should i get for the nitrous ? I'm thinkng oil temp, but i dunno. Thanks guys.
Old 02-22-2003, 10:30 AM   #2
oc civic

no offense but i have NO idea what you are talking about? i have nitrous... i have an A/F gauge.. let me start by saying it is COMPLETELY useless... your car will break before the gauge reads anything bad.. lol i would advise you to get a nitrous pressure gauge so you can monitor pressure from upfront..

nitrous pressure gauge on right in bezel

arming switches / control box

nitrous bottle in trunk with heater
Old 02-22-2003, 12:22 PM   #3
98CivicDude

Nice setup man. I like it alot. What size shot are you running ? 1/4 time ?
Old 02-22-2003, 01:09 PM   #4
oc civic

Quote:
Originally posted by 98CivicDude
Nice setup man. I like it alot. What size shot are you running ? 1/4 time ?

50-70

no idea on times i ONLY street race...
Old 02-22-2003, 11:19 PM   #5
iRACEmyCTR

Quote:
Originally posted by oc civic
50-70

no idea on times i ONLY street race...

bringing it back to da street like whoa mutha f\/ckas! ill take your air/fuel gauge if you dont want it anymore. i need one to monitor my horrible fuel supply.
Old 02-23-2003, 09:44 AM   #6
98CivicDude

hahahaha...my kind of guy. Well, anyway I've figured out that I'm only supposed to be worried about what the gauge says when im at wide open throttle. Right now it says rich....so i guess I'm pretty good to go on the nitrous. i'm thinking of running a 55 shot. My car now runs mid to low 16's and ive got a friend who knows a lot about Honda's (hells he's putting a B16 into a FORD!) and he says i should be good to run a low 15. So, I'll post my slips once I get the nitrous and let you guys know.
Old 02-23-2003, 08:19 PM   #7
iRACEmyCTR

b16 in a ford?? was the ford motor too fast for him???
Old 02-24-2003, 08:36 PM   #8
Senshi

oc civic i know we have had our differences but anyway

that setup is bad as shit man, i wish they made that gauge cluster for the 92-95's b/c i really like it but alas they don't make them, ugh