::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Kill Stories
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-16-2002, 10:49 PM   #1
lazy

Raced a Bike

I just passed the break-in period for my car. My friend and I were pretty damn bored. So we got in my car and drove to some mountain road up in the cuts between San Francisco and San Jose.

We were driving back home and there was this grandpa drivin at like 30 mph on a 50 mile zone, behind the grandpa was some guy on a bike, and I was behind the bike.

After the bike started to pass the grandpa, I downshifted and started goin right on his tail. At first, he pulled ahead and then I started to catch up after the VTEC kicked in. So the guy on the bike slowed down and pulled off the to side and gave me the signal to go ahead... and the dude started playin the same game I was... He was right up on my tail.

I don't know, call it stupid, but I wanted to know how well I could do against a bike on a mountain road. So I down shifted and took off, and he was right behind me... we went through a series of S-curves and each time he would slowly fall behind... especially when I took a 35 mph turn at around 60-ish... nearly killed myself and my friend. No matter how well your suspension is on a stock car... don't do it.

So yea, after my stupid little stunt I slowed down because the adrenaline abuse was getting to me... yea, I was shaking like a crackhead. We reached a straight away and he passed me up... I gave him the thumbs up and he gave one back.

I think he was messin with me... he should've smoked me... but he was nice enough to let me believe I could keep up... what a nice guy

Moral: No more 65mph turns on mountain roads for me.
Old 11-17-2002, 12:57 AM   #2
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Hmm... nice race

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2002, 05:26 PM   #3
toykilla

Re: Raced a Bike

Quote:
Originally posted by lazy
I just passed the break-in period for my car. My friend and I were pretty damn bored. So we got in my car and drove to some mountain road up in the cuts between San Francisco and San Jose.

We were driving back home and there was this grandpa drivin at like 30 mph on a 50 mile zone, behind the grandpa was some guy on a bike, and I was behind the bike.

After the bike started to pass the grandpa, I downshifted and started goin right on his tail. At first, he pulled ahead and then I started to catch up after the VTEC kicked in. So the guy on the bike slowed down and pulled off the to side and gave me the signal to go ahead... and the dude started playin the same game I was... He was right up on my tail.

I don't know, call it stupid, but I wanted to know how well I could do against a bike on a mountain road. So I down shifted and took off, and he was right behind me... we went through a series of S-curves and each time he would slowly fall behind... especially when I took a 35 mph turn at around 60-ish... nearly killed myself and my friend. No matter how well your suspension is on a stock car... don't do it.

So yea, after my stupid little stunt I slowed down because the adrenaline abuse was getting to me... yea, I was shaking like a crackhead. We reached a straight away and he passed me up... I gave him the thumbs up and he gave one back.

I think he was messin with me... he should've smoked me... but he was nice enough to let me believe I could keep up... what a nice guy

Did you forget to tell him you were racing? He was probably cruising along on a nice country mountain road ride. Oh, your stock suspension is good? Damn, I thought it sucked compared to Type-R. I could beat a Nascar on a circle track if hes cruising. Good job though.
Old 11-17-2002, 08:18 PM   #4
ShEaNy

good race....i think the bike might have won...if it was an ACtaul race..
ShEaNy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2002, 12:22 AM   #5
lazy

After I almost killed me and my friend and I slowed down... he was revvin behind me...

I'm pretty sure he knew, but yea, can't really say.
Old 11-18-2002, 11:56 AM   #6
Mushroom

Quote:
After the bike started to pass the grandpa, I downshifted and started goin right on his tail. [...] So the guy on the bike slowed down and pulled off the to side and gave me the signal to go ahead... and the dude started playin the same game I was... He was right up on my tail.

Sounds like fun. What kind of bike?

That's a smart biker to let you go ahead - and you're an asshole for following closely behind him, and maybe even lucky he didn't kick off your mirror. Tailing a bike, especially on a challenging, low visibility mountain road is dumb - he can stop *much* faster than you if there's an obstacle, and you're risking rear-ending him, totaling the bike and likely injuring or killing the rider.

just my .02; nothing personal
Old 11-19-2002, 06:05 PM   #7
efjay

Re: Re: Raced a Bike

Quote:
Originally posted by toykilla
Did you forget to tell him you were racing? He was probably cruising along on a nice country mountain road ride. Oh, your stock suspension is good? Damn, I thought it sucked compared to Type-R. I could beat a Nascar on a circle track if hes cruising. Good job though.

Just for the record, lazy used to drive a crx. So i guess compared to the crx the stock suspension on his type s is really good.
Old 11-19-2002, 06:52 PM   #8
AzCivic

Quote:

I too have learned this recently(except I was going way faster than 65), and well my car is in the shop after nearly going off a 20ft drop.
AzCivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2002, 07:34 PM   #9
efjay

Ouch!
Old 11-19-2002, 09:42 PM   #10
AzCivic

I'm just glad i didnt go off the edge. That woulda sucked bad.
Old 11-20-2002, 05:13 AM   #11
lazy

Quote:
Originally posted by AzCivic
I too have learned this recently(except I was going way faster than 65), and well my car is in the shop after nearly going off a 20ft drop.

dayam. lucky to be alive.
Old 11-20-2002, 09:34 AM   #12
AzCivic

I know. Yet the mountainous roads still beckon me, damn them!
Old 11-20-2002, 07:09 PM   #13
lazy

haha, yea. just can't push it like you used to
Old 11-20-2002, 07:44 PM   #14
GirlRacer

NOOOO crap

I raced a bike once....well...not raced. I just pulled up beside him on a 4 laned road.... he started speedin up & slowing down, so I kinda downshifted not realizing how fast they actually were then he shot off and was GONE!
I was like Umm...just kidding! Little joke there!
lol, I felt like a dumbass.
Old 11-20-2002, 08:37 PM   #15
mt.biker

The rsx suspenion is very good for stock suspenion. It tends to want the backend to slide out before the front end does. This leads to a more controlable car.
Old 11-21-2002, 09:27 PM   #16
VR4_Craver
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Mushroom
What kind of bike?

Honda CBR990RR Drove one of those once.....had to change my pants after wards but it was well worth the mess
VR4_Craver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2002, 10:36 PM   #17
ford50forlife
4th Gear

Quote:

. At first, he pulled ahead and then I started to catch up after the VTEC kicked in.

LOFL get over your 15.7 second 1/4 mile car bro no offense about it but a stock bike even 500 cc runs 12's and dusts you.
THEN YOU SAY, HE MIGHT BE MESSING WITH YOU, THATS JUST IT HE WASNT, THATS THE WHOLE POINT, WHEN VTEC KICKS IN LOFL OMFG I CANT BELIEVE IT I THINK I SHIT MYSELF

2640lbs with full tank minus me w/ 302cid
check out the crustang and 88 cherokee @
www.cardomain.com/id/ford50forlife
ford50forlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2002, 10:45 PM   #18
ford50forlife
4th Gear

im sorry i must say PEOPLE KEEP GETTING ****ING EUPHORIC ABOUT THIS VTEC THING,, LIKE ITS A 400 SPORTSMAN SHOT ER SOMTHING, LITTLE INFO WHEN "VTEC" DOES KICK IN IT BRING YOUR ENGINE UP TO THE POWER LEVEL ITS SUPPOSED TO HAVE IN THE GODDAMN FIRST ****ING PLACE

Old 11-22-2002, 07:16 AM   #19
GirlRacer

That was kinda mean... Not like I thought I'd beat him...
Old 11-22-2002, 12:09 PM   #20
ShEaNy

wow get rid of the caps....were not trying to yell at each other...its typed words..we'll get the point...
ShEaNy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2002, 12:14 PM   #21
GirlRacer

Old 11-22-2002, 03:39 PM   #22
ford50forlife
4th Gear

sorry i get flustered sometimes

Old 11-22-2002, 06:00 PM   #23
lazy

haha...

I know he was probably messing me... but hey, i used to drive a crx... and i couldn't afford to do anything to it...

but i didn't say i beat him, and i don't care... it was just a one time thing and i did it for fun.
Old 11-22-2002, 06:13 PM   #24
ford50forlife
4th Gear

yea man, i apologize i feel you about that adrenaline thing though, it CAN be hella adictive, just dont let it bite you in the ass like it did my old gt :o , its all about your choice in cars to you started with a rsx type s and you COULDA had a 8 second car for 20+k but its YOUR choice and i can relate, id love to pin that thing up in the turns with my car though, suspension is set up for drag racing but ive spun out 2 times already because it responses to input so well, its got different k member, uppper and lower control arms, drag shocks, and struts, and coils, its funny when im driving around places and taking turns in a crustang like WOAH.

Old 11-22-2002, 06:19 PM   #25
lazy

Quote:
Originally posted by ford50forlife
its all about your choice in cars to you started with a rsx type s and you COULDA had a 8 second car for 20+k

In perfectland I could buy a 8 second car for $20k.

I bought the type of car I knew I would like later in the future and not just now.

But that's cool that you're car can hang turns... I give you props on that.
Old 11-22-2002, 06:27 PM   #26
ford50forlife
4th Gear

also if i was in perfectland i would leak fully synthetic 50weight oil when i came outta the apex of that turn either LOFL i wouldnt have it any other way

Old 11-22-2002, 08:32 PM   #27
efjay

Perfectland? Hey, that's where I got my $10 turbo kit!
Old 12-17-2002, 11:21 PM   #28
Wabster

He was probably lagging behind waiting for you to kill yourself. Those bikes can take exit ramp turns at like 80 mph no less a mountain road.