Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Civic/Del Sol
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-14-2002, 06:28 PM   #1
jag609

exhaust and decal kit.

ride: 2002 Civic Ex Coupe.

If i put a Greddy or some other catback exhaust system on my civic, wouldnt the tuning be off since a change in back pressure is a pretty accurate result. how would it run different and would it need retuning to run te best.

modernimage.net has some good lookin decal kits, but i have never seen them up close. do they look any good, a paint job would cost alot more and if it looks good with decal kit, ide rather save my money for now.
Old 10-14-2002, 06:34 PM   #2
slowEJ6

put the new exhaust on, reset ecu, and you are done. it would be louder, acceleration and top end might be a tiny bit better, nothing amazing.

decal kits are poo.
slowEJ6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2002, 06:56 PM   #3
imports_only98

save the decal money for something under the hood!!!

-amy
Old 10-14-2002, 07:08 PM   #4
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by imports_only98
save the decal money for something under the hood!!!

-amy

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2002, 07:41 PM   #5
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

So you wanna be like the Fast and the Furious, eh? Be as cool as JaRule..er..Edwin and Brian Earl Spilner and have cool decals on your car? I've seen those decal kits upclose before and no theyre not worth it. If you really really really love em get an airbrush paint job instead of a decal as they look thousands of times better. Trust me, those full decal sets look like "poo".
If you want decals, buy a HondaStyle.com decal (shameless promotion ) I got a windshield banner from stickercity.com for $20. Or you can buy smaller ones from here too (I did that too, gotta support the site you know )
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2002, 09:02 PM   #6
jag609

surely anyone who reads or posts on this board is tired of hearing that Fast and the Furious bullshit.
Old 10-14-2002, 11:57 PM   #7
drdingo21

should you reset the ecu? i never did that...hmmm
drdingo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2002, 12:29 AM   #8
Honda530

Yes Most definately reset your ecu. Everytimt you do something engine wise to the car you should rest it. Wether its spark plugs or head Gasket. Its like when you change the suspension at all you need an alignment. This way the ECU resets itself and when it gets the settings it figures in what you did to it.
Old 10-15-2002, 11:53 AM   #9
pdiggitydogg

Quote:
Originally posted by jag609
surely anyone who reads or posts on this board is tired of hearing that Fast and the Furious bullshit.

woa there cheif no need to get pissed, relax a bit. I think its funny. But I still stand strong on my opinion of the decal sets; theyre no good.
Old 10-15-2002, 05:41 PM   #10
jag609

i figured that would be a waste of money, and i didnt get 'pissed'. it just seems like the whole realm of car mods revolves around that movie to a lot of people. and all those companies and cars were around way before that movie. so it got kinda old to me since i get it a lot just cause i have a civic. i didnt mean to bash on you.
Old 10-15-2002, 07:55 PM   #11
pdiggitydogg

you think you get it a lot? Try living in the MotorCity! All I get is ragged on, but **** it, if you cant take em when they come you shouldnt drive what you drive. Thats my advice to anyone. But I didnt really take you seriously in the first place. No worries. So, Im stopping this because it has nothing to do with what you want to know.
Old 10-16-2002, 12:01 PM   #12
4jacks

Quote:
Originally posted by slow ej6

decal kits are poo.

GREAT WAY TO BE BLUNT

didn't your nick use to be something about a hybrid .?!??!

Anyhooo.... decals kits are ghetto... get some ground effects and some rims !

Happy Honda'ing
4jacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2002, 02:38 PM   #13
ShagginJet

Here is the only point i have to make...

If you're going to put some sort of decal on your car, you better be willing to back it up with some power. When i see a car that is all decked out, i get up besides him, rev my shit, and put down. So if you're not running aftermarket mods, exhaust, turbo, no2(NOS), something. Then you shouldn't be decaling the car. A decal screems, LOOK AT ME, I HAVE DA BOMB CAR...

If you're going to do that, you need to represent. I burn fools all the time cause they don't put in hp and engine mods, just dropped and body mods. My car looks stock, but it's far from.

http://63.249.135.19/hdrive/car/index.htm
ShagginJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2002, 03:32 PM   #14
slowEJ6

when you see a car thats all decked out you rev on it? how old are you? 16?

4jacks, yes it was.
Old 10-16-2002, 04:42 PM   #15
ShagginJet

Quote:
when you see a car thats all decked out you rev on it? how old are you? 16?

No, 22. But the reasoning behind it is because i know half of the tards don't have the car to back it. If you're going to flaunt it, then have the balls to prove it when you're called out.
Old 10-16-2002, 08:06 PM   #16
4jacks

Quote:
Originally posted by ShagginJet
No, 22. But the reasoning behind it is because i know half of the tards don't have the car to back it. If you're going to flaunt it, then have the balls to prove it when you're called out.

Dude, i know you have to have some tracks in LA ...
I hate ppl that rev like thier on crack and always wanna race.... I can be driving in Bumper to Bumper traffic and kids will still pull up and redline the engine, burn thier wheels and turn up their stereos...... .. And who is the one screaming... "Look at Me"

Seriously Go to the track to race.. not your local 35mph streets.

Happy Honda'ing
Old 10-16-2002, 08:39 PM   #17
ShagginJet

Jacks you bastard, you're so right....

I only do it to certain people... i don't drive around everywhere looking to race down streets that have a 35pmh speed lim. But sometimes I see a car that just shouldn't be legal, and you can tell by the guy driving it that it has no engine mods and it just pisses me off. I don't get how someone could spend about 5k to lower, put on body kits, a 8" tach, custom paint job, but then not add anything for the engine except for a bombz style muffler and a cold air intake.

It just doesn't make sense.

Old 10-16-2002, 08:58 PM   #18
jag609

shagginjet, you are an idiot. no one is 'callin' you out' by havin a nice exterior. dude's right. you sound like you just got your license. you need to grow up and pray your balls drop soon.
Old 10-16-2002, 09:00 PM   #19
ShagginJet

so you're telling me someone who spends 5k to mod the exterior but doesn't do jack shit about there engine is a smart person??

Old 10-16-2002, 09:04 PM   #20
jag609

its not about smart. its about personal taste. not everyone cares about racing. this may come as a big shock, but i doubt anyone is worried about beatin your 'da bomb' dx. maybe you lose at the track everytime and look for granny in the buick. seems like you spent 5 grand so you can talk shit to people. get some self esteem.
Old 10-16-2002, 09:07 PM   #21
pdiggitydogg

Damn both of you need some maturity lessons. Jay relax man dont take it all so serious. Shaggin ever think that maybe these people want theyre car to look that way? Hello Show car? Perhaps they like the all show no go all out rice of their ride. Let them be who they wanna be. Same goes for you Jay, let Shaggin be who he is. If he wants to rev his ride, let him. what difference does it make to you?
Old 10-16-2002, 09:09 PM   #22
jag609

youre right dog. who cares about all this.
Old 10-16-2002, 09:12 PM   #23
ShagginJet

I didn't spend 5k, maybe one day. Unlike most who have these "extremely FLASHY" cars, I have to work to get moeny to put into my car. Although I'm sure most of you work for your money.

Jag: Since you and I are having this conversation, maybe you can explain it to me, cause it's obvious that I don't get it. I work on my car and mod it here and there because it makes it funner to drive and because I have fun doing it. One thing i've stayed away from is "flashy mods" (8" tach, neon glowing whatever, 6 foot triple teear wings, extreme drops and hydraulics, 20" chrome rims, insane body kits that have no function, $3k paint jobs, etc...). I just don't get what the point it, and why someone would spend the money unless they are sponsored or do it for show. Most of the aren't and don't... So maybe you can explain it to me.

Old 10-16-2002, 09:13 PM   #24
pdiggitydogg

atta boy
Old 10-16-2002, 09:13 PM   #25
ShagginJet

Dogg: you bring up a good point, and i know some of these are show cars, that i can respect. I'm just trying to understand these so called "ricerz" that you make mention to.

Old 10-16-2002, 09:18 PM   #26
pdiggitydogg

rice - noun/adj

a term used to describe a type of person or car that is all show and no go. Mods include intake, muffler/tip, stickers (5hp per sticker you know), and if the person in question has saved $, a body kit and new paint. Oh and do not forget the ever popular underbody neon kit.
Old 10-16-2002, 09:20 PM   #27
jag609

dont get me wrong, i wouldnt mind if my car had some power to it eventually, but right now, i just am interested in how it looks and feels to drive. its two different directions. when youre geared towards racing, a lot of the other stuff (reverse indiglo gauges, body kits, ect.) takes a backseat. i really dont have teh time or money to get into racing either. if you just want a car that looks or sounds nice, other stuff thats isnt race beneficial comes in. and it rediculous to me to challenge someone on the street who hasnt talked shit or challenged you. if anything it just leads to an eventual ticket. if someone has somethin, you will more than likely see them at the track. its not fair to insult those who choose looks over performance. either have looks and no performance, performance and stock looks, or both.
Old 10-16-2002, 09:25 PM   #28
pdiggitydogg

I take a middle stand in this. I have the intake and a few stickers (vtec, a dragon on the sunroof, and my hondastyle.com windshield decal (not yet put on)). So yes I will admit that I am riced out. But lets all keep in mind that an sohc civic wont get anyone anywhere fast. If youre a "real racer", drop the D series and get a h22, drag 3 turbo and n2o.
Old 10-16-2002, 09:26 PM   #29
ShagginJet

Jag: You bring up a good point. Having a car that looks god is key. My car looks stcok, although it's not. It's still fun to drive though, that's where the engine mods come in. Minus the rims and lowering the car, which is a must have for both look and performace. What could be spent on a body kit and decals/paint job I would rather spend on performance. for nearly nothing, you could have an intake sytem, upgraded fuel body/rails/injectors, ecu, and maybe a light weight pully. now i know this is only going to give me an additionaly 10hp, but the car feels so much better with 10hp.

What I've learned: There are three types of people, Beauty, Performance, RiCeRz.

Old 10-16-2002, 09:36 PM   #30
pdiggitydogg

no, there are lots more types of people.

there are those that have looks and performance. I hate to say it but...fast and the furious. they look good and they perform. dont put people into classes and types. another quote for you "Do not judge, lest ye be judged" or something like that, I dont read the bible. My point is dont classify people into anything as narrow as only one field. I can call people ricers but at that same token their cars might look f*cking sweet. I can call people racers and they might have a stock dx (for example) but take it to the track. Hell performance groups might only consist of a new air filter (stock style) but its still performacne over the old.

this is getting very philosophical and I am unsubscribing from this post now.
Old 10-16-2002, 09:41 PM   #31
slowEJ6

my car has custom paint, lip kit, rear wing, interior redone, suspension done.....exhaust, short shifter, stock motor. BAM.
Old 10-16-2002, 10:11 PM   #32
ShagginJet

But see, your car has what appears to be everything. I know it has engine mods, and it looks sw33t. Don't know what type of sound system you have but from what i can see you have the best of both worlds. A bit of style and performance, and you didn't go over board. Very nice.

Old 10-16-2002, 10:16 PM   #33
slowEJ6

thank you.

only exhaust though, stock intake (removed box), and a short shifter.
had 1 12" solo baric. but my amp took a crap, so now i have nothing.
Old 10-17-2002, 12:28 AM   #34
4jacks

Shag...

I understand how you don't get it when people spend all that money on show and not go... Cause I don't understand how people spend all their money on go and no show.

truth is most peeps here fall somewhere in the middle... but I'm on the extreme show side. Like you I work for my Money... then i use it to pay the mortgage, buy some groceries, pay for college, feed the dog, and after my car note is paid for, I might be able to get something for the Car!

So when i do get a mod, I want the most bang for my buck. Well I like driving fast, and I would love to whoop everyones butt on the track. But the truth is I put 20k miles on my car every year, and I need the most wear and dependabilty outa my car as i can get... After all I bought a Honda Civic... not a Porshe. I can keep all this and still mod the heck outa my exterior. And maybe it's just me, maybe i'm a little vain, but thiers a good feeling when a corvette pulls up and WANTS to race my little Civic... Here is this Titan V-8 King of the road, that thinks my honda Civic is worth a run..... True i have to put up with a lot of hoopty's doing the same.

And I'm not single anymore, but the gosh darn truth is 90% of women out their, rather go somewhere in style, than get there fast. It is much more impressive to just simply have a really nice car, than to try to race people with a date in the car. My wife still yells at me if I respond to someone revv'ing on me.

If it helps at all... my goal is to do the cosmetics 100% and slap a 75 hp shot of nitrous on for a little umph at the track !

Happy Honda'ing
Old 10-17-2002, 12:44 AM   #35
ShagginJet

Very well put jacks...

I do agree that there should be some show in the car and I will eventually put some in mine. But at this point and time, hp is more what I care about. Good thing about the HB's, they look good without anywork...

Last edited by ShagginJet : 10-17-2002 at 12:48 AM.