::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Civic/Del Sol
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-26-2002, 10:56 PM   #1
AzCivic

Best exhaust for the dollar?

I have a '94 civic Ex w/ Aem cai and Dc sports headers.
So, just what is the best exhaust for your dollar? Any opinions will be greatly appreciated.

Oh yeah I'm in the military and I'm about to get stationed in Tokyo, Japan for 3 years. What should I bring back?
AzCivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2002, 11:28 PM   #2
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Greddy has exhausts that sell for a good price. If you're really looking for a bargain, go with a custom exhaust.

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2002, 11:44 PM   #3
Maxvla

yum... tanabe racing medallion is always a popular rev thumper. though im not sure how much coin it takes.
Old 02-27-2002, 12:46 AM   #4
Lovebuzz13

I have the Tanabe RM and love it. The average price is around $500
Old 02-27-2002, 09:59 AM   #5
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Check www.groupbuycenter.com they always have some kinda deals on exhaust...

Wish list for you to bring back:

Civic Type R
Skyline
Anyother cool cars you see
JDM parts for my civic
Thats all I can think about right now..

Old 02-27-2002, 11:00 AM   #6
AzCivic

Thanks for the input! Has anyone heard anything good about Apexi's World Sport Exhaust?
Old 02-27-2002, 12:42 PM   #7
seanjuan

I'm actually trying to find out if i can get the Apexi world sport exhaust to work for my 5th gen 4dr. if you get the latest issue of Sport Compact Car, don't remember the month but the cover has a blue civic hatch and there is an article about it. they put the apexi WS on that civic and talked very highly about it. you should check that out.

since it got brought up
does anyone know if apexi makes the world sport exhaust for 5th gen 4drs? i have a 92 LX 5spd and desperately need new exhaust because my stock exhaust has rusted through and i want to upgrade to something better than stock

or does anyone know if an exhaust listed for a 5th gen coupe could be fitted to a 5th gen 4dr?

i would love some advice

thanks
Sean
Old 02-27-2002, 12:55 PM   #8
AzCivic

Damn I just read that article like a few days ago, and i didn't even notice it was the exhaust i wanted. Thanks for the info!
Old 02-27-2002, 03:55 PM   #9
Whtehnda93DXSdn
It has 4 Doors...

Apexi
DC Sports
Greddy
Brullen
HKS

As you've heard a few of them.....
Any JDM parts that you can and have room to bring back ad sell to everyone here on HS for a good price..

Especially some engines or 4dr stuff..LOL for me
Old 02-27-2002, 04:55 PM   #10
AzCivic

I'm leaving in May to Japan, I'll bring back as much stuff as possible. I could ship stuff from Japan before i actually get stationed back here, but i'm not sure what that would cost. Of course I'll try to make a little bit of a profit but hopefully I can save people some money and get them quality products.
Old 02-27-2002, 06:22 PM   #11
4jacks

My brother Is stationed in Japan, It cost $22 to mail him Christmas Cookies..... *enough said for mailing performance parts*

Happy Honda'ing
4jacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2002, 09:36 PM   #12
Onyx
1st Gear

good luck in japan, i have been stationed with people who have spent time there and thay all love it. As for you exhaust, go custom I have custom bent pipe a magnaflow muffler and a resonator. with installation it came to $325.00 much cheaper then the greddy or DC ($500.00) i was looking at and I think is sounds just as good.
Onyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2002, 01:51 AM   #13
seanjuan

dang Onyx that sounds exactly like what i want
could you give me a few more details on where you had the pipes bent, installed, etc. also where you got the resonator and the muffler

if i could get a setup like that for under 350 i'd be stoked

thanks
Sean

PS
i really hate the word stoked
that and the word amplitude

but i love kenwood, Boss, and Visonik
Old 02-28-2002, 03:24 AM   #14
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

A muffler shop should be able to hook you up with almost everything you need. Order a can of your choice off the net and take it to them and you're set.

Old 02-28-2002, 06:33 AM   #15
AzCivic

Thanks everyone for the advice, I never knew how helpful and friendly a site like this could be. I went ahead and ordered an Apexi world sport exhaust for $370 shipped. I looked into going custom but apparently no one in tucson can do mandrel bends!
Thanks again.
Old 02-28-2002, 08:40 AM   #16
4jacks

Az... Midas or Mienikie, should be able to fit it for you real nice. I'm pretty sure they Mandrel bend it (That's where they dont just Kink it right?)

Seanjuan... Magnaflow is a great muffler, I had one on my probe for a couple years, and in time i'm going to put thier 3" Dual DTM style can on my Civic. BUT what is the RESONATOR for ???? all that does is dampen the sound... CUT THAT BABY OFF !!! At any rate if you want a Resonator, you car should already have one on it, it's another little Bubble in your pipe further back than your Muffler, You should be able to have them Weld that one back one, or any muffler shop will have plenty to spare, there pretty cheap. Always check out ebay, there are always mufflers on thier, but right now no magnaflows.

Happy Honda'ing
4jacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2002, 11:15 AM   #17
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by AzCivic
Thanks everyone for the advice, I never knew how helpful and friendly a site like this could be. I went ahead and ordered an Apexi world sport exhaust for $370 shipped. I looked into going custom but apparently no one in tucson can do mandrel bends!
Thanks again.

That sounds excellent. You got the whole cat-back for $370 shipped? Where did you get it from? That's a nice price.

Old 02-28-2002, 12:57 PM   #18
AzCivic

I got the exhaust from TurboEvolution they're somehwere in S. California i think I just called them up and asked if I could get the exhaust for 335$ they said sure, and then shipping was 35$ extra. Their site is http://www.turboevo.com/
PLEASE do NOT go to Midas their work just sucks. One time I had my brakes bled and checked there and they splashed some brake fluid on my front bumper, I showed them the damage and they sat there trying to argue with me about the cause of the damage and after a big ordeal I managed to get them to give me free service at any Midas for the price of getting the bumper repainted. Not only did they mess that up, but a month or so later I went to put springs on my car and they had cross threaded 5 of the lug nuts on my car I had to break them off just to get the wheels off. And you'd think that would be enough to keep me from ever going back, but, recently I as you can tell, i've been looking into different exhausts. So i call some Midas's around here in tucson to see if they will sell me a cat-back system over the counter but no one here will, they all require installation as well. So i call a place in Phoenix and they tell me they will but they only have some brand called Ravin ( Midas's own brand) so I'm like what the hell I'll settle for some no name brand because their charging 400 for it and I already have 200 "midas dollars" from the brake fluid incident. So I drive all the way up there, about an 1 and a half one way, and when I get there the 2 guys working there show me the exhuast and it was only a rear section exhaust that they wanted to just bolt up to the stock mid pipe. I'm like how in the hell do you expect me to pay 400 for a no name rear section exhaust. Then they start trying to talk me into it and crap making me feel like I'm in a used car lot and they're trying to make a sell. Needless to say I hate Midas and will never ever go there again. And no they don't do mandrel bends they use that crap with the wrinkles in the bends.
Old 02-28-2002, 12:58 PM   #19
AzCivic

Well i feel better!
Old 02-28-2002, 06:33 PM   #20
seanjuan

yeah, i got a quote from midas for them to do my exhaust and they wanted like 350 to do the whole thing. i said screw it i'll do it myself. i guess i'll call around to a few different places and see if they do mandrel bends and how much it would be. otherwise i think i might go with the thermal r&d stealth cat-back. it's pricy but they make one for 5th gen 4drs and it's supposed to be a mellow sound. i don't want a super loud exhaust, which is why i was asking about a resonator. most cat-back systems have them allready in the center pipe, but a custom mandrel bent pipe wouldn't have a resonator

anyway, if anyone has any thoughts on thermal r&d i'd like to hear them or if anyone knows if it's possible to put a apexi WS exhaust for a 2dr civic onto a 4dr.

thanks,
it's great to have an informative forum such as this

later
Sean
Old 02-28-2002, 07:06 PM   #21
AzCivic

Sean you should just call up Apexi and find out from them.
A'PEX Integration, Inc.
330 W. Taft
Orange, CA 92865

(714) 685-5700 Phone
(714) 685-5701 Fax

Business Hours
Monday - Friday
9:00a.m. - 6:00p.m. PST
Old 02-28-2002, 08:08 PM   #22
Onyx
1st Gear

I when to a local import shop and thay just happen to have the equipment to bend the pipe. the can was $150.00 and the other $175.00 was for installation and the resonator. I would say just call around to your local shops, u may get lucky and they will beable to point u in the right direction. good luck
Onyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2002, 05:04 PM   #23
seanjuan

I am wondering if anyone has had any luck with thermal R&D. i'm looking at picking up the Stealth exhaust system for my 92 civic LX part numbers b101 and c101t.
just want to make sure that it truly is a quiter exhaust than the typical "performance" exhaust

thanks

Sean
Old 03-02-2002, 09:58 PM   #24
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by seanjuan
I am wondering if anyone has had any luck with thermal R&D. i'm looking at picking up the Stealth exhaust system for my 92 civic LX part numbers b101 and c101t.
just want to make sure that it truly is a quiter exhaust than the typical "performance" exhaust

thanks

Sean

I talked to someone about these before and they said that they were truely quieter than most performance exhausts.