::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-08-2004, 09:30 PM   #1
97CivicBoy

tried learnign manual tonite....

yeh so i finally was oked by doc to drive stick..jus had knee surgery 9 weeks ago...i dunno if ne one remembers but i posted here that nite i hurt my knee at college playin ball...i did have a torn acl ne who...yeh so my bro showed....but the thing with me is that i always watch the revs drop to taht biting point ..my bro said that is shouldnt get used to this..i stalled a few times...but i'm gettin there....fuckin cop came by us..and was like what u two doin...i told him and hes like ok...but what u guys think...i have a till wed nite to learn...goin away for 2 weeks come back then go to schol like in 2 days...i dunno if i can get it down and remember it
97CivicBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2004, 09:56 PM   #2
mylittlecivic

its not that hard im sure you'll do fine you dont have to perfect it just yet

Quote:
Originally posted by KwikR6 but..what do i know..i'm drunk...

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisCantSkate
.."Fer crissakes, Paddy, that's yer air freshener!"
Quote:
Originally posted by KwikR6
I'm not white. I'm Canadian.
mylittlecivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2004, 03:37 AM   #3
IALuder

took me 15 minutes to learn.

if you cant dazzle them with your brillance, baffle them with your bullshit.
IALuder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2004, 07:06 AM   #4
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

it isn;t that hard. after a while you will feel the car and won't watch the revs anymore

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2004, 09:32 AM   #5
biker's back

in college do they teach you how to write a paragraph or is that only in Canada?

Shit man learn to write!
Old 08-09-2004, 12:25 PM   #6
97CivicBoy

um are u talkin about me buddy...i jus tyep fast i dotn care how it looks as u can see the many typos
97CivicBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2004, 12:41 PM   #7
biker's back

Quote:
Originally posted by 97CivicBoy
um are u talkin about me buddy...i jus tyep fast i dotn care how it looks as u can see the many typos

start caring, shit in shit out. If you want people to read the crap you type try putting in enough effort for them to want to.
Old 08-09-2004, 01:52 PM   #8
CD5Passion

Biker has a point.
but as far as learning, damn dude it only took me half hour at most driving in circles. within a week or two I was fine, now I don't even have to look at the tach, you will get a feel for the car. just wake up some morning find a quiet street and just play around for a while.
Old 08-09-2004, 01:55 PM   #9
biker's back

I learned stick in 5min in a parking alot in my cusins 240. To this day I drive stick better then some people who own manual cars.

Stick isn't hard.
Old 08-09-2004, 03:04 PM   #10
VR4_Craver
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by biker's back
in college do they teach you how to write a paragraph or is that only in Canada?

Shit man learn to write!

beware of biker...hes an asshole to anyone that isnt as perfect as him....
the geekz0r (11:03:46 PM): basicly, look at it this way...the 6speed is the same is the 5speed in 2,3,4,5,and 6...only the speeds are different because of the fd
the geekz0r (11:04:16 PM): so 2nd pulls like 1st in the 5speed, 3rd is like 2nd, etc.
PortugeeTex (11:04:26 PM): so whats 1st like then?
the geekz0r (11:04:49 PM): 1st is like hitting a cheeta in the ass with a tazer
PortugeeTex (11:04:53 PM): lmfao
VR4_Craver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2004, 03:45 PM   #11
biker's back

Quote:
Originally posted by VR4_Craver
beware of biker...hes an asshole to anyone that isnt as perfect as him....

Actually I just have little tolerance for stupid people which this board seems to be full of.

I'm an asshole to few, but now I'll make sure to give you yours.
Old 08-09-2004, 04:12 PM   #12
BlackWolf
La Loba Loca

....anyways..

First gear is always the hardest to get used to and every car has a different point where the clutch lets go. If your car has an adjustable clutch, see if you can't let it out a little to save some wear on your knee and make the disengagment point a little softer. I wouldn't recommend keeping it there, just enough to help you learn, then each day tighten it back up to where it should be. If it's not then just take the time and relax. Getting nervous or upset is only going to make you even more mad. See if you can spend the day with the car out somewhere. Get used to hearing the engine rev not the tach, once you get a feel for the car then you can watch the tach again. Good luck!
Old 08-10-2004, 03:22 PM   #13
VR4_Craver
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by biker's back
Actually I just have little tolerance for stupid people which this board seems to be full of.

I'm an asshole to few, but now I'll make sure to give you yours.

well...with so many assholes on this board you should just show yourself the door. All you seem to do is hate on the new people regardless if your bashing has grounds or not. If some on came on here saying "Hey biker? You fucking suck balls" then I would justify hating. But when someone that comes on here explaining his problems about re-learning to drive after a surgery...well as Im sure any semi-intelligent person could see there is no reason to be an asshole. You bash because he doesnt take time to capitalize his letters or seperate them. big fucking deal its the interent....it aint gonna be perfect.
the geekz0r (11:03:46 PM): basicly, look at it this way...the 6speed is the same is the 5speed in 2,3,4,5,and 6...only the speeds are different because of the fd
the geekz0r (11:04:16 PM): so 2nd pulls like 1st in the 5speed, 3rd is like 2nd, etc.
PortugeeTex (11:04:26 PM): so whats 1st like then?
the geekz0r (11:04:49 PM): 1st is like hitting a cheeta in the ass with a tazer
PortugeeTex (11:04:53 PM): lmfao
VR4_Craver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 03:58 PM   #14
biker's back

Quote:
Originally posted by VR4_Craver
well...with so many assholes on this board you should just show yourself the door. All you seem to do is hate on the new people regardless if your bashing has grounds or not. If some on came on here saying "Hey biker? You fucking suck balls" then I would justify hating. But when someone that comes on here explaining his problems about re-learning to drive after a surgery...well as Im sure any semi-intelligent person could see there is no reason to be an asshole. You bash because he doesnt take time to capitalize his letters or seperate them. big fucking deal its the interent....it aint gonna be perfect.

hey man i said something about his typin and when someone said how they learned in 30min i said I learned in less.

Bro you honestly take the things I say the wrong way. I ain't chewing him out for not being able to drive stick, i'm saying learn to write.