::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > High Performance > Turbo
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-01-2002, 04:40 AM   #1
xbird

greddy bov

I just put on my greddy BOV, do i have to adjust it??if so, how??
thanks !
let me know !
Old 01-01-2002, 03:51 PM   #2
thermal
Banning Machine

i did NOT have to adjust mine. drive your car to see if the BOV delays actuation. if so, turn the screw counter-clockwise to release some of the tension on the spring.....just not to lose....

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
thermal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2002, 05:05 AM   #3
turbod97ex

Like Thermal says, you should not have to adjust it if you bought a new, out-of-the-box, Greddy Type S. If you do need to adjust it, here is what you do and some tips I have picked up concerning the BOV:
The top nipple on the top section will connect to your intake manifold (so it reads both vacuum and pressure and does not get bled off to anything) While the lower fitting is a vent for the internal diaphragm This one should be left open and not connected to anything.
Make sure when you adjust the stiffness of the valve that you first loosen the lock nut before you adjust the set screw. Adjustment will very from car to car, so you need to use trail and error. Generally you want to valve as tight as possible, without getting any compressor surge. You don't want it too loose or it can open too early and you will loose boost. The valve should make one clean blowing sound, it should not stutter. It should also not open before the throttle is shut.
Also, just because it might stutter does not mean that you have it adjusted wrong. You can play with the throttle and make it stutter what I am talking about is when you put your foot down on hard acceleration and then let off abruptly during shift and then floor it again. You will hear the "whoosh" when you shift because the throttle plate closes and the BOV opens to release air in between the turbo and the BOV.
Old 01-02-2002, 05:11 AM   #4
xbird

Got ya ! i will listen to it when i boost next week later !
thanks !