.:HSTuners::

::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-15-2002, 10:49 PM   #1
BLu3xCiViC

played out and not so kewl car parts....

have u ever seen a car mod that annoyed you so much?....well as of late i see slow asss cars with big aluminum wings...i'm like wtf!!!

well here is my list of played out parts and accessories:
gen 1 altezzas
big aluminum wings on slow asss cars
washer leds (korny as hell)
black widow kits (it is still tight in my opinion though)
Fake HiD lites (cop magnet)
Faded blue-greenish turning signals (fake hyper-whites)
neon lites (wtf is this?)
big asss decals on windshields
SiR/TYPE-R emblems

Please list yours...thanks
Old 05-15-2002, 10:55 PM   #2
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

any altezza, any big wing, fiberglas or aluminum, christmas list style stickers, vinal on paint, type-r anything, enourmous kits, mufflers, damn even hondas, asshole kid drivers, aluminum mesh grill everything, crome on imports, paint graphics that are really vinal, yellow, neons, racin at every light type kids, slow cars, NAWS, VTECH, double clutching, granny shifting, want me to go on?

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
ChrisCantSkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2002, 11:16 PM   #3
FeelMyRide

I suffer the small aluminum wing disease
I dont liek altezzas, dumb ass decals (especially that knock-off on INTEL inside that says "your girl inside" GRRRR!) and those extremly loud ass mufflers. Just cause air is passing through your car doesnt mean its gotta sound like its farting!!!
Old 05-16-2002, 12:09 AM   #4
mylittlecivic

big ass type r spoilers on sH*tty old barettas

Quote:
Originally posted by KwikR6 but..what do i know..i'm drunk...

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisCantSkate
.."Fer crissakes, Paddy, that's yer air freshener!"
Quote:
Originally posted by KwikR6
I'm not white. I'm Canadian.
mylittlecivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2002, 08:54 AM   #5
Honda_Gurl

altezza's, those LED lights on the hood (windshield squirters), those huge aluminum wings...those are the main ones that annoy me
Old 05-16-2002, 10:51 AM   #6
Whiteclipse99
4th Gear

To each his own! What one person may think looks good, you may not, but that doesn't mean it's wrong. It's a free country!
Old 05-16-2002, 02:25 PM   #7
Honda_Gurl

very true, i know there are certain things i'll do to my car that not everyone will like. the thing about some of the things mentioned aren't so much that they look really bad (cause everyone's allowed their own taste) but the fact that they're played out already. everyone has this stuff..that's what annoys me.
Old 05-16-2002, 03:21 PM   #8
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

Quote:
Originally posted by mt.biker

from the sounds of it you like a stock car that goes fast like me

well, i like clean body kits, such as the rs kit and the spoon lips, jun lips, greddy lips, some full kits, there are some trunk mount wings i like, i like japanise racing rims, i like carbon fiber tastfully used, a 2 color car combination that dosnt contrast (silver and black, red and black, white and red or blue, something that looks good together) i love modded cars that dont look like they just bought the biggest part for the sake of saying i have this or that done. i have the rs front end, i could have gotten a whole kit, but i didnt wana just be like, i have a body it, i want it to look real smooth and flow on the car basicaly.

Old 05-16-2002, 06:10 PM   #9
2000Pimpinex
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Whiteclipse99
To each his own! What one person may think looks good, you may not, but that doesn't mean it's wrong. It's a free country!

werd

Theres alot of things I don't like. But something I have on my car might not be liked by someone else. So I just leave my opinions to myself. Its all about creativity.
1985 Ford Bronco XLT 5.8 351W
w/ 33X12.5X15
2000Pimpinex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2002, 09:15 PM   #10
FeelMyRide

Quote:
Originally posted by Whiteclipse99

True very true.. YES I have a wing on my car and YES I like how it looks and shes got altezza's and usually I dont like them but they look NICE on her car. Its the people who can't make it all come together and look nice. Hehehehe but yeah.. to each their own!!
Old 05-17-2002, 06:33 AM   #11
4jacks

yeah.. I'm really tired of reading about what people don't like..

If you don't like it so much ... why do you spend so much time typing about it.

The only time someone else's car really bothers me... is when I'm stuck behind it in traffic. And generally ricers drive fast, so I don't really dislike them too much...

Happy Honda'ing
4jacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2002, 09:13 AM   #12
spoogenet

Dissin on played out mods is played out.

Get off the bandwagon.

If it looks good, it looks good regardless of whether everybody in the world has it. Get what you like and like what you get. You shouldn't live your life based upon what everybody else has or likes, otherwise you're just a puppet.

b
Old 05-17-2002, 11:44 AM   #13
ShEaNy

i hate decals EVERYWHERE on peoples cars....thats honestly about it I think wings (like mine) Altezzas (like mine again lol) and loud mufflers are great.... its just me but ya....i see to many cars with just a body kit and rims and think there the "shit"...
ShEaNy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2002, 01:27 PM   #14
BLu3xCiViC

Quote:
Originally posted by Honda_Gurl
very true, i know there are certain things i'll do to my car that not everyone will like. the thing about some of the things mentioned aren't so much that they look really bad (cause everyone's allowed their own taste) but the fact that they're played out already. everyone has this stuff..that's what annoys me.

agreeing 100%.....itz not that people like or dont like certain things, cuz certain mods don't look bad but just simply played out.....i will admitt that the first time i saw the washer led i kinda thought they were interesting til i started seeing them on all kinds of cars from trucks to old asss domestics......and if ur car has "the goes" and is about to take off, go all out with the wing thatz fine.....if creativity is what ur going for then whatever comes out should be a combination of your own likes (so dunt like something that everybody else has or else u'd be a puppet by jocking people) , in my opinion the typical altezza and big asss wings aren't cutting it with the word "creativity"....btw i was only askin for people to list what they thought was played out cuz i just wanted to see different opinions on what is considered played out from one person to another...
Old 05-17-2002, 02:21 PM   #15
DsBlu01CivEX

Ok...here's my opinion on things. There are only so many mods "kids" can afford to do on their cars. So i see it like this. Most of the cars you see rollin around with the same mods done to them are the ones that are maybe still in hs...pay to do their own mods off a part time job ect. They're doin what they like to do. Maybe once they have more $$ they'll go for the more expensive mods that no one else can afford. Don't hate on them cuz they have played out mods. They get what is available to them. I agree that tezzas are becoming like a$$holes...everywhere you look they're there...but some cars do look damn good with them on (Erin's car being one of them...I have always thought they looked good on her car). Not a huge fan of the aluminum wing either...but yet again if it's tasteful (like FMR's) they look aight. Her's was done in a tasteful manner. Just cuz they are played out now doesnt mean they look bad. We're just all tired of lookin at the mods the companies offer us. Maybe it's the companies' fault for continuing to sell the same old mods.

http://www.myspace.com/kenike
DsBlu01CivEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2002, 09:53 PM   #16
FeelMyRide

Or you can just stay stock like D's car and have it look hella nice all shiny (even with a dent in the back!!)
Old 05-18-2002, 11:58 AM   #17
FeelMyRide

Quote:
Originally posted by mt.biker

OUCH!

What do you mean OUCH!? Her car is stock and it looks nicer than some "hooked up" cars I've seen. Its got a lil dent in the back (which is goin away soon) but it still looks tight. I think you should be slapped around a lil Mt. Biker hehehehehe jfwy
Old 05-18-2002, 12:03 PM   #18
DsBlu01CivEX

Shit girl...now thats 2 guys we gotta slap around a lil....

ps thanks for the compliment and the optimism about my car. Someone's gotta be optimistic about it!! hehe the only thing that's stock about my car that MUST change is that it's gotta get wheels put on. I don't like sportin hubs.

Old 05-18-2002, 01:29 PM   #19
Duff Man

I could care less what someone puts on there car....but if I hear you revin on me with tons of LED thingy's and stickers up the ass, I'm not gonna race you...I'm gonna LMAO
Old 05-18-2002, 01:33 PM   #20
thermal
Banning Machine

Quote:
Originally posted by 2000Pimpinex

werd

Theres alot of things I don't like. But something I have on my car might not be liked by someone else. So I just leave my opinions to myself. Its all about creativity.
i second this..........

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
thermal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2002, 03:48 PM   #21
2ndGenTeg
4th Gear

My shit list:

Lighted windshirld squirters
"Hooptie Wings" of any kind
Altezzas, period
Illuminated valve stem covers
Eagle or Prime rims
16" or larger rims and no suspension drop
Combat, Shogun, Kamikaze, Ninja, etc. Kits
Unpainted Body kits
Hydraulic Suspension
Cross-Marque badging (Mugen or Type R on a VW, GTR on a Mitsubishi)
The word "Sport"
Headlight covers
Faux Carbon Fiber
"Powered by [Car Manufacturer]"- No shit, Sherlock. Like I thought you had Peugeot engine under the hood

Not to offend anyone, but I'm sure I did...
2ndGenTeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2002, 10:09 AM   #22
DsBlu01CivEX

Unpainted Body kits

thats just ghetto in my book. If you dont have the $$ to get it painted when you get the kit then don't put it on!!!

Old 05-19-2002, 11:34 AM   #23
Whiteclipse99
4th Gear

Everyone keeps saying how this is played out and that is played out! But hey, there isn't a day that goes by that I don't see a ton of Honda's out on the roads, does that mean that Honda's are played out? They may or may not, but it doesn't matter cause people are still going to keep buying them regardless! And I can see that there are a lot of altezza haters here....but guess what, I kind of like them....so sue me!!!
Old 05-21-2002, 12:41 AM   #24
heartbreakkid

Quote:
Originally posted by DsBlu01CivEX
Unpainted Body kits

thats just ghetto in my book. If you dont have the $$ to get it painted when you get the kit then don't put it on!!!

that's not all true, I saw some unpainted body kits on some Honda and it's look stand out especially on red or blue car w/ white primered body kits.

yea i agree with all of you that a lot of part beginning to play out, but if we keep on dissing played out part, then I guess when everybody starts getting body kits and the same style of rims then all the products will all be played out.
Old 05-21-2002, 09:22 AM   #25
ddr_max

Quote:
Originally posted by 2ndGenTeg
My shit list:

Lighted windshirld squirters
"Hooptie Wings" of any kind
Altezzas, period
Illuminated valve stem covers
Eagle or Prime rims
16" or larger rims and no suspension drop
Combat, Shogun, Kamikaze, Ninja, etc. Kits
Unpainted Body kits
Hydraulic Suspension
Cross-Marque badging (Mugen or Type R on a VW, GTR on a Mitsubishi)
The word "Sport"
Headlight covers
Faux Carbon Fiber
"Powered by [Car Manufacturer]"- No shit, Sherlock. Like I thought you had Peugeot engine under the hood

Not to offend anyone, but I'm sure I did...

i like my valve stem lights ,it the cheap ones that blink that make them have a bad ref .this is what my car looks like with mine on

Old 05-21-2002, 03:06 PM   #26
DsBlu01CivEX

Like I stated before...it's the companies producing the same mods that sell (their whole point of being in business) and "our" (meaning the people who mod their cars) willingness to buy them that makes certain mods played out. Us talkin/b*tching about them being played out doesnt change that fact. Until the modders start buyin other parts and the companies providing different things for them, the parts will be played out. End of story. So either just deal with the played out parts/mods or stop doin them and keep an open mind about the cars you see with them. That person driving that car likes their mods otherwise they wouldn't have spent the money on them.

Old 05-21-2002, 04:22 PM   #27
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

maybe its just different for some people, but i loose almost all respect for a car and possibly person for having some stuff on their car. oh and i got a new hater thing. i saw a TRIPLE deck wing, yeah, it was horible.

Old 05-21-2002, 06:08 PM   #28
thermal
Banning Machine

f#%k it! it's their car......i dont care what they do to it. what annoys me the most are punk kids revvin' on me while he/she is on the opposite side of the road........

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
thermal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2002, 08:30 PM   #29
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

Quote:
Originally posted by thermalfi'd16
f#%k it! it's their car......i dont care what they do to it. what annoys me the most are punk kids revvin' on me while he/she is on the opposite side of the road........
haha yes thats the most played out thing, that or the gas station rev's. or while im parked etc. sometimes i wonder.

Old 05-23-2002, 12:36 PM   #30
spoogenet

Quote:
Originally posted by DsBlu01CivEX
Like I stated before...it's the companies producing the same mods that sell (their whole point of being in business) and "our" (meaning the people who mod their cars) willingness to buy them that makes certain mods played out. Us talkin/b*tching about them being played out doesnt change that fact. Until the modders start buyin other parts and the companies providing different things for them, the parts will be played out. End of story. So either just deal with the played out parts/mods or stop doin them and keep an open mind about the cars you see with them. That person driving that car likes their mods otherwise they wouldn't have spent the money on them.

True dat.

That's why I like seeing people do custom jobs themselves....nobody else is gonna have it.

As I've said before, if you're tired of everybody having the same stuff, don't buy a Honda, period. Buy a Yugo, nobody has those...then you won't be played out.

b
Old 05-25-2002, 02:52 AM   #31
heartbreakkid

yea that's a good idea. do you think that the 60hp Yugo has Turbo or Supercharger for the engine or does it has NOS for it as well? if it does i might go get one of those.
Old 05-25-2002, 07:45 AM   #32
4jacks

nO Nos... U go 45 mph... and that's it ...

Happy Honda'ing
4jacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2002, 11:53 AM   #33
blind34_1

Windshield LEDS seem to be the main things on everbodies hated list. Well I have them and I like them, but:
1) It is not a mod and I don't consider it as one
2) I am probably the only one in my town who has them, therefore I am original
3) I like the look and thats all that matters

I dont pretend to have something I don't, under the hood or otherwise.
(BTW: I have neons, too. Why? I like them. Not many people have them. Advantage of living in small town.)
blind34_1 is offline   Reply With Quote