::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > High Performance > Turbo
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-10-2003, 10:56 PM   #1
OPAKRACING

Nitrous...Turbo...

Say i was to put a turbo charger (do't know what kinda, stage wise 1,2,3), would i have to rebuild other stuff, cause ti would seem like if you addedd taht much power to your car, there would be strain on parts, so i was wondering if you had to replace stock parts for more heavey duty ones. thnx

OMG! i'm high!
ok, later
Old 01-10-2003, 11:51 PM   #2
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

If you added a turbo and boosted like 5 PSI or a 35, even 50 shot of Nitrous you wouldn't have to upgrade any internals. But anything over that..yup..I would

The epitome of stupidity is expressed so fluidly with the shity lyric theory you try to spit at me.

I CAN'T WAIT FOR SUMMER!!!
KwikR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2003, 12:53 PM   #3
OPAKRACING

I want a OMFG tahts a fast car! so, what would you recomend? upgrading and boosting more, and adding more nitrous? or somthing totaly different, like super charger, or....

Thnx
Old 01-11-2003, 03:26 PM   #4
Boosted3g

what is it these days will all the talk about the dirty 12 letter S word. By no means choose a supercharger over turbo or nitrous. If you want an OMFG fast car you will need to replace the internals. I have made over 400 hp on a bone stock motor but it only lasts a few weeks.
Old 01-11-2003, 05:40 PM   #5
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

Quote:
Originally posted by Boosted3g
what is it these days will all the talk about the dirty 12 letter S word. By no means choose a supercharger over turbo or nitrous. If you want an OMFG fast car you will need to replace the internals. I have made over 400 hp on a bone stock motor but it only lasts a few weeks.

hahahahah.....
An OMFG fast car hey? SAVE your bling bling and rebuild your motor and boost high numbers. Stick with turbo. Remember with NAWWWWWWWS You eventually have to keep refilling the tanks..

The epitome of stupidity is expressed so fluidly with the shity lyric theory you try to spit at me.

I CAN'T WAIT FOR SUMMER!!!
KwikR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2003, 06:22 PM   #6
thermal
Banning Machine

Bwaa ha ha ha haa !!!!! Just get naws and call it quits.

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
thermal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2003, 10:33 PM   #7
Sol's Eye

Quote:
Originally posted by thermalfi'd16
Bwaa ha ha ha haa !!!!! Just get naws and call it quits.

One of the big ones. No, better make it two. And Harry, I need it by tonight.
Old 01-28-2003, 12:44 AM   #8
Sivik

But watch out for the manifold... you might encounter "DANGER!"

but seriously, get the turbo since its always "on" and you don't have to refill it. Plus with a boost controller, you can adjust how much "spray" you have easily. (spray as in boost... for the turbo... like changing nozzles for nitrous.... yea??? no...)

My Car

My Car is for sale
Sivik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2003, 05:28 AM   #9
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

I hate to play devil's advocate, but turbo plus nitrous on a motor that's even nearly stock is bad news. I'm a huge turbo fan (just read my sig) but on a stock motor with nitrous you're asking for a burnt piston and a major rebuild. I agree with Sivik...just use a boost controller to regulate the turbo psi. That's what I do. Granted, I've built the motor up to all hell but any power adder motor needs built internals to maintain real reliability. Even at 5-8psi I'd still invest a little in the motor to keep it running right. I don't have money to throw around, I just like my car to run right after every race.
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2003, 10:30 AM   #10
SthPerformance

Name : Shami
Car: 5gen hatch
Powerplant: LS motor with blockguard and thats all with t04b turbo @ 20psi and 35 shot of nitrous.. Stock sleeves and internals. daily driven. 11 second car on BF-G drag radials..
Old 02-19-2003, 09:16 PM   #11
Boosted3g

Give it time and it will blow. Its just a matter of cast pistons and high cylinder pressure. Good tuning will help drasically but there is only so much a little 4 banger can take.
Old 02-19-2003, 09:34 PM   #12
Civic98

Re: Nitrous...Turbo...

Quote:
Originally posted by OPAKRACING
Say i was to put a turbo charger (do't know what kinda, stage wise 1,2,3), would i have to rebuild other stuff, cause ti would seem like if you addedd taht much power to your car, there would be strain on parts, so i was wondering if you had to replace stock parts for more heavey duty ones. thnx

OMG! i'm high!
ok, later

OMFG of course u would have to rebuild other stuff, unless u wanna blow up ur car , i though u knew more that than, since u want to buy a RSX and make bout 500hp outta it ......sry kid ...i though u knew more than that
Old 02-20-2003, 12:03 AM   #13
armyguy5
3rd Gear

what the **** is naws? i think that's the fast and furious soaking into your brain......it's not NOS or NAWWWASSS it's NO2 .IT"s pronounced Nitrous Oxide people really annoy me when the say NOS or NAWWSSSS it's gay....oh i've seen that civic in the magazine before....u cant even tell....except for the whole for the CAI.....even if u get pics of the interior u cant see anything either except for the guages...very impressive car...they'll learn how to rebuild an engine very shortly =)

chris
  • Cold Air Intake, Front Strut Bar, MTX Thunder 6000 10", Gunmetal Altezza Tail Lights, Short Throw Shifter, Factory Side Skirts and Rear lip, JDM front Lip, Thermal R&D stealth exhaust, 16" Rota Slipstreams in Bronze, Alpine CD/MP3/WMA/XM RADIO, Legacy L7M in car video
armyguy5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2003, 06:01 AM   #14
SthPerformance

Quote:
Originally posted by Boosted3g
Give it time and it will blow. Its just a matter of cast pistons and high cylinder pressure. Good tuning will help drasically but there is only so much a little 4 banger can take.

Yeah thats what i told jason to, i was like that motor will only last so long running a constant 20psi...

I will be boosting my all stock LS motor but i dont think i will exceed 10-12psi tuned... I hate having a broke down car.. Kinda used to it though after 5 months now...
Old 02-21-2003, 05:52 PM   #15
Boosted3g

scott you should have jumped on all the spare turbo shit i had laying in the garage when you had the chance. When you get your car runnign ill throw it on the dyno for you and we will take care of the tuning.