.:HSTuners::

::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Kill Stories
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-19-2002, 10:53 AM   #1
NissanRacer

Raced a B16 Engine Swapped Integra Hatch(92)

I think this car was the best race (in my class) that I have ever had. This car is really quick. I met this guy at a local meet, after talking awhile we decided to go race on a long secluded area near my neighborhood. We raced a total of 5 times. (yeah a lot) the first time I was riding with my boy and he was driving solo and I misgeared (hit my boy's leg)(excuses excuses) anyway the second time I took him off the line and we stayed even up to 90mph and slowed down cuz the road was curving hard. The third time, i was like damn i gotta beat this guy. So i took him off the line, but he caught up and stayed even got ahead by about 1/4 a carlength in 3rd, I came back and passed him by 1/4 a carlength in 4th and then stayed ahead until about 95, then he starts slowing down, he said he didn't want to go passed 100, i was like let's top out. He decided not to, I think because he knew the sixth speed would get him, but it was fun none the less. It was tight as hell to have that competition going for so long, i respect B16 engine swapped cars more now. As opposed to regular Si's, which I usually beat, they are the same engine right? I guess the body of the integra along with the suspension and engine mods he had made it better, don't know. The bottom line- My car is stock- his car was not. When I get my mods done, I should beat him . But I can't say I beat him and he can't say he beat me. I really enjoyed racing that car though. Much respect to the B16.
NISSAN-DRIVEN
PEACE
Old 09-19-2002, 11:04 AM   #2
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Good races..
Old 09-19-2002, 03:38 PM   #3
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

nice

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
ChrisCantSkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2002, 03:44 PM   #4
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

sweet races. what else he had done to the car except the swap ?

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2002, 08:36 PM   #5
NissanRacer

He had a huge short ram intake(warm air), wires, header, exhaust, its wierd, he let me drive his car and it had almost no power steering, I don't know if that helps with performance but it didn't have any, anyway, he had platinum tipped plugs, and that was it. He was able to start pulling ahead of me a bit in 3rd gear (i have six, he has 5) but i caught back up in 4th, i wanna see what i can do when i get modded up. He said it was a 91 B16 engine and it had between 20-35k miles on it, can't remember exactly.
Old 09-19-2002, 10:50 PM   #6
Accord Man
THE GENERAL

that must have been fun!
It 'll be cool for you to race him after you do whatever mods you're planning on doing..

Hopefully by then, he wont have swaped out his b16 for a b18c1 or a b18c5.. Cause that may hurt..
Those 1.8L dohc vtec engines are quiet muscular.. considering their size..
HondaStyle.com Babysitter's Club Member #0

Soon to be >Dr Max Immuh<
Accord Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2002, 10:56 PM   #7
ShEaNy

ya those are fast engines...i never knew those Spec V's are that fast...nice
ShEaNy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2002, 10:56 PM   #8
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

Quote:
Originally posted by NissanRacer
He had a huge short ram intake(warm air), wires, header, exhaust, its wierd, he let me drive his car and it had almost no power steering, I don't know if that helps with performance but it didn't have any, anyway, he had platinum tipped plugs, and that was it. He was able to start pulling ahead of me a bit in 3rd gear (i have six, he has 5) but i caught back up in 4th, i wanna see what i can do when i get modded up. He said it was a 91 B16 engine and it had between 20-35k miles on it, can't remember exactly.

those mods shouldn't have made him a lot faster. i think he can shave the time by .5 seconds, but don't take my word for it.

Old 09-19-2002, 11:10 PM   #9
ShEaNy

hey honda just wondering i read ur sig hows the ride with all urs mods there..im still saving for the konis..and a chamber kit..cause shes going to be loww sorry to go out topic here quickly... hows the turning?
ShEaNy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2002, 12:10 AM   #10
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

Quote:
Originally posted by sheany_91accord
hey honda just wondering i read ur sig hows the ride with all urs mods there..im still saving for the konis..and a chamber kit..cause shes going to be loww sorry to go out topic here quickly... hows the turning?

turning will be fine when i'll get new rubbers on the rims. so far the ride is crappy, but new tires are on the way. now back on topic

Old 09-20-2002, 12:26 AM   #11
HONDASPORT02

Good Job

Thats a cool race between you guyz, but i think if you would have had more modZ, u would have clowEd that foo!.
Old 09-20-2002, 02:07 AM   #12
NissanRacer

Yo, Thanks Hondasport, Is your 93 accord pretty quick? Do you have any 299 lights?
Peace
Old 09-20-2002, 01:10 PM   #13
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Nice races. Its always fun when the other driver is polite.
He could've done better than a B16A1 in an Integra. Doesn't seem like a smart swap. But the B16's can be pretty powerful.
Yeah you should beat stock Si's. Its close, but the SpecV's have some nice torque.

Quote:
Originally posted by NissanRacer
Yo, Thanks Hondasport, Is your 93 accord pretty quick? Do you have any 299 lights?
Peace
Heh....
Old 09-21-2002, 03:58 AM   #14
NissanRacer

I'm not hating on Hondasport02, it's just an inside joke we got.
Everybody needs to get 299 lights on the the back and the 10 lights on the front. LOL. Holla
Old 09-22-2002, 11:20 PM   #15
monkut

"He could've done better than a B16A1 in an Integra. Doesn't seem like a smart swap."
he could have done better, but consider how cheap b16's are. if he is like most of us, he probably has a tight budget. b18c's are very nice, but spendy.