.:HSTuners::

::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions > Battle of the Sexes
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-08-2002, 06:26 PM   #1
Wren57

Optimism

Ok guys and gals... heres the deal... everyone on this entire section of the board is boohooing and crying and confused and everything... makes single people feel that every relationship will leave them brokenhearted and miserable... this is not the case!!! I myself have been going out with the greatest girl... no really... ever... smart, beautiful, good personality, not stuck up but also not a slut, polite, etc etc etc... the list goes on... weve been together almost 8 months and have only had 1 minor misunderstanding... what im trying to say is that I want to hear more positives on this board ... tell me about your GOOD relationships... someone out there is bound to be as lucky as I... just give the singles some hope, there is the perfect someone out there somewhere... not gonna find anyone if you dont look some... trial and error is best way of finding perfect girl- just make sure you dont get too attached until you realize she is the one ... just trying to give some hopeless ones some hope ...
Old 05-08-2002, 06:46 PM   #2
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

i know that sometimes people are exagerating a bit when posting here, but trust me rather than going out with a girl i prefer to saty under my car. i know what are you gonna say

WEIRDO but it's just the way i am.

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2002, 06:58 PM   #3
Wren57

Haha no Im not going to call you a weirdo at all... I certainly respect the mechanical aspects of working on cars... I myself enjoy working on cars a lot... its also great that my girl realizes this and allows me as much time as I want to work on my car... She plays guitar around town and some afternoons we just go our seperate ways and she plays guitar and I work on cars... being together ALL THE TIME is not a good thing- one gets bored of the other one easily that way... gotta have some free time too that way I can keep a balanced car/girl life ...
Old 05-08-2002, 07:01 PM   #4
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

Quote:
Originally posted by mt.biker
well dude it would appear as though you have found a good one. treat her well and dont let her get away.

honestly a lot of people get burned out there, in the dating world.

Old 05-09-2002, 08:28 AM   #5
Lovebuzz13

I've lost all hope :P
Old 05-09-2002, 04:13 PM   #6
4jacks

Well I personaly dont' post too much on this forum, cause I too, am perfectly in love with my wife. Her name is Heather, she really is my everything, I love her to death. She's short like 5'3" and I'm 6'2" but we really fit perfectly together. Shes a really cute blonde, with a pretty banging body. I'll ask if I can post a pic of her sometime. we spend every possible moment together. and that is WAY too few. She likes Plants and Horticulture, she's always working on the yard, and YUP she actualy mows our lawn every week. she loves the outdoors. I'm the oppisite. But I'll still go for walks and hikes and to the park with her and the dog whenever she wants. I've started to get her into the who tuner car thing... right now she just wants to make her little car look better, I can't seem to get her to put engine mods in it. But she's really tolerant of all my addictions to the stupid car. She's even getting all my exhuast piping done for my B-day. We've been married since last july and dated 2 1/2 years before that. I think we had 2 fights total. But i can only remember what one of them was about. The really odd thing is I never had a successful relationship before her. They have all been less than 30 days long, and very empty and shallow, not the gurls, just the relationships.

Well, God has really blessed me.

Happy Honda'ing
4jacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2002, 06:31 PM   #7
juvenile

Quote:
Originally posted by 4jacks
Well, God has really blessed me.

I think I'm gonna cry....
Old 05-09-2002, 07:34 PM   #8
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

I agree Highlander, it just takes time. Enjoy life for what it is and sooner or later youll find that special person..

I woulda never imagined I would get married this soon in life. About 5 years ago, I figured Id be single forever. But now look I have 2 days left, and Ill be married to The most wonderful girl Ive ever met. [I hope she doesnt read this.. Id hate for it to go to her head]

Seriously tho. Dont try to make every girl/guy you meet that special one. Let time take its course, and itll happen before you know it.
Old 05-09-2002, 07:46 PM   #9
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

Quote:
Originally posted by Racing Rice
I agree Highlander, it just takes time. Enjoy life for what it is and sooner or later youll find that special person..

I woulda never imagined I would get married this soon in life. About 5 years ago, I figured Id be single forever. But now look I have 2 days left, and Ill be married to The most wonderful girl Ive ever met. [I hope she doesnt read this.. Id hate for it to go to her head]

Seriously tho. Dont try to make every girl/guy you meet that special one. Let time take its course, and itll happen before you know it.

i thought that you were getting married may 5th (last sunday). anyway good luck to you.

Old 05-09-2002, 07:57 PM   #10
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Quote:
Originally posted by hondaman-iac

i thought that you were getting married may 5th (last sunday). anyway good luck to you.

Uhh... damn... you mean I missed it!!! Oh crap... Thats why she hasnt talked to me all week!!!

Just playing... Its this saturday.. the 11th..
Old 05-09-2002, 07:59 PM   #11
4jacks

ROFLMAO

Happy Honda'ing
4jacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2002, 05:03 PM   #12
Whiteclipse99
4th Gear

It sounds like you guys are very lucky to have someone that means so much to you, and they're equally as lucky to have you! We should all be so lucky! Right now I'm single and lovin' it, but I know in time I'll find Mr. Right. I'm not giving up, he's out there somewhere!
Old 05-10-2002, 06:19 PM   #13
DsBlu01CivEX

I too am cruisin the single scene. I agree that there should be more optimistic threads in here but most people don't really gloat about their good relationships. People like to b**ch and complain...it's what most of us do best. and one of our favorite things to do that about is love/relationships what have you. I realize that there is a guy out there for me but until we find each other I'm just gonna do my thing. There is no rush in my mind to get married. I know that I'm not mature enough for that yet. I'm very selfish with my time and I realize that. And I don't know that I'm ready to give that up yet. Unless I found a very understanding guy or one that is into the same thing I am. We'll see. I'm havin fun bein single....although at times it does get lonely.

http://www.myspace.com/kenike
DsBlu01CivEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2002, 09:04 PM   #14
2000Pimpinex
Super Moderator

I think everyone will admit that at times being single sucks. But its also a blast if you let it. Live life to the fullest. Have fun and go out. When you don't expect it someone will come into your life.
Most importantly, stay positive!
1985 Ford Bronco XLT 5.8 351W
w/ 33X12.5X15
2000Pimpinex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2002, 11:27 AM   #15
bessiebeater

The last eight and a half months have been some of the greatest ever, thanks to my boyfriend Chris. Our story is a long one though. We met 11 years ago, in church, we grew up together and have been good friends since the beginning. A little over three years ago now, Chris moved away and I started dating this guy, things were good for a while, but eventually I wasnt happy anymore. I didnt want to break things off because I didnt want to hurt his feelings, we had been together for more than 2 years. Well, Chris moved back to town and our friendship sparked up again. We both knew we had feelings for each other, but I was still with the other guy. Well, we finally broke up after 2 and a half years and shortly after CHris and I started dating. I have never been this happy in my life. He is the most amazing guy, and I couldnt ask for more.......so all in all things are peachy here!!
Old 05-15-2002, 02:25 PM   #16
Honda_Gurl

i have the best boyfriend in the whole wide world hehe, seriously after being in a really really messed up relationship, i decided to stay single for a while. a year later, i found myself ready to be with whoever God had made for me. i didn't want to "date" anymore. so i prayed for that person who i was meant to be with. i prayed for the kind of guy i wanted. sure enough, he sent me my boyfriend, who fit the description of what i wanted exactly. he's just awesome, adorable, BEAUTIFUL eyes, sweet, patient, smart, loves cars (that's a biggie!), not jealous one bit, and just an overall nice guy. i love him so much and can't wait to be his wife. so for all you single folks out there, don't lose hope. and if u already lost it, get it back! hehe, cause for reals, i never thought i'd be happy again. i thought all guys were the same, punks and players...but i prayed patiently and God sent me the perfect guy!
Old 05-15-2002, 05:27 PM   #17
Honda_Gurl

Quote:
Originally posted by mt.biker

i read a book on soemthing like this its called "kissed dating goodbye by a christain author

wow...that's the book i read too. it's awesome. and that's exactly where the idea came from to stop "dating"... the second part of it is good too, i think it's called boy meets girl something like that. anyways..i can't believe someone else read that..it was a famous book in the Christian world..
Old 05-15-2002, 06:34 PM   #18
Grey16

My wife is the best we have been together for almost 5 years now and married for 1 1/2 years. We do almost everything together. There are those nights and days you just need to go hang out with the boys and she understands that. And it goes the same for her I don't mind if she goes out and haves a good time. And she loves the import world she loves going to the track I'm still tring to get in the car but I think she is kindof scared of braking something.We go camping 4-wheeling together alot of outdoor stuff. But for all of you single people that want a relationship the time will come and you will all find someone perfect for you.
Old 05-15-2002, 10:50 PM   #19
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Quote:
Originally posted by Grey16
My wife is the best we have been together for almost 5 years now and married for 1 1/2 years. We do almost everything together. There are those nights and days you just need to go hang out with the boys and she understands that. And it goes the same for her I don't mind if she goes out and haves a good time. And she loves the import world she loves going to the track I'm still tring to get in the car but I think she is kindof scared of braking something.We go camping 4-wheeling together alot of outdoor stuff. But for all of you single people that want a relationship the time will come and you will all find someone perfect for you.

You and me are in the same boat.. Imports, 4wheelers... My wife does it all with me, even if shes not to sure about it she trys it out and usually ends up loving it. Its great!