Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-03-2004, 12:49 AM   #1
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

India: the new Mexico

I don't mean they're crossing our borders illegally by the thousands...I mean they're getting so many of our jobs. When it was Mexicans coming here to work I didn't mind so much because people were bitching about them taking jobs they didn't want anyway...namely many manual labor jobs. But now our tech jobs go to India, of all places. Since when were they so much smarter than us? Hell...they think cows are sacred. I, on the other hand, think cows are delicious. But seriously...they've become our outsourced job destination of choice. But why (other than the fact that they'll work for $20/week). When you call for certain statewide information in Missouri, you talk to someone on the phone who's not in Missouri, but in India. What the fuck? Capitalism is fine and all...but this is just disgraceful. In Iraq, where Halliburton rules over all, 6 out of 10 Iraqi men are unemployed. But since Halliburton loves Iraq so much, they decided to employ many of them as contractors. Oh wait...no they didn't. They outsourced THOSE jobs working in Iraq to India too. Apparently if you can pay someone $5/week it's better than paying another person $10/week. If they want to move here and work here, great. Let's just not do their work for them. That's not capitalism...it's just out and out greed and it's horrendously shameful.
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 12:59 AM   #2
AzCivic

americans need to ban together and fight that crap. i doubt it'll happen though, since americans are lazy assholes who want the very bestest deal on whatever they can get.
AzCivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 01:05 AM   #3
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
Originally posted by AzCivic
americans need to ban together and fight that crap. i doubt it'll happen though, since americans are lazy assholes who want the very bestest deal on whatever they can get.

Exactly. I'd like to see congress do something about this. I'm sure the enormous unemployed population would as well. Tax the shit out of companies that send their jobs elsewhere. Make an example of those bitches. Then run Nixon-style IRS audits and anally rape them. Man...that would be awesome.

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Old 11-03-2004, 01:30 AM   #4
AzCivic

yup, yup.

finally, something we agree on.

i hung up on some indian sounding dude who was helping me on the phone cause for one, i could barely understand him, and two he kept asking me if wanted to sign up for some stupid shit over and OVER again. i should've mouthed off too him, but i try to be nice.
Old 11-03-2004, 01:46 AM   #5
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
Originally posted by AzCivic
finally, something we agree on.

Haha...one thing everyone can bond over...hate.

Old 11-03-2004, 02:22 AM   #6
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

don't get me started on them. i had the chance to work with lots of them for almost a year, and by the end of the year i was about to shoot each and everyone of them.

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 02:26 AM   #7
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
Originally posted by hondaman-iac
don't get me started on them. i had the chance to work with lots of them for almost a year, and by the end of the year i was about to shoot each and everyone of them.

I know dude...we just talked about this, remember?

Old 11-03-2004, 02:31 AM   #8
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

yeah, but now it's out in the open.

i think the government cut their visas and for anyone outside US to come here and get a job in IT. i think that's about 55k more jobs a year, unless they ship out

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 07:47 AM   #9
IALuder

personally, i just dont give a fuck about that. why? becuase no ones does anything but bitch about it. but in reality, they are doing most of the jobs you people would want to do. just like BLack people. why did we bring them here? do jobs are lazy asses dont want to do.

they work for less then minium wage cleaning public bath rooms, cleaning floors, high school ect ect. you want to do that? i dont think so. so shut the fuck up. at least a magority of them are trying to make a living and something out of themselves.

plus, if you really gave a fuck. why didnt you choose a president that would do something about it? neither of them cared, it never came up in debates. maybe you should say something to someone who has power to change it, instead of joe bloe from next door.

if you cant dazzle them with your brillance, baffle them with your bullshit.
IALuder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 09:07 AM   #10
AzCivic

i think you missed alot of what was said in this thread.
Old 11-03-2004, 09:43 AM   #11
juvenile

Quote:
Originally posted by SFKing
personally, i just dont give a fuck about that. why? becuase no ones does anything but bitch about it. but in reality, they are doing most of the jobs you people would want to do. just like BLack people. why did we bring them here? do jobs are lazy asses dont want to do.

they work for less then minium wage cleaning public bath rooms, cleaning floors, high school ect ect. you want to do that? i dont think so. so shut the fuck up. at least a magority of them are trying to make a living and something out of themselves.

plus, if you really gave a fuck. why didnt you choose a president that would do something about it? neither of them cared, it never came up in debates. maybe you should say something to someone who has power to change it, instead of joe bloe from next door.

Ummmm... they're not sending your high school washroom floors to india to get cleaned. They're sending call centers, tech support, computer programming, just about anythign and everything that can be done overthere and then just sent as a file over the internet to over here (or over the phone). THOSE are the jobs most people would want who get out of college/uni as a programmer, during uni or during a bad time when they need a job etc.

Also, do something about it. You know how hard it is to do something about something in this world now. Also, there are so many other things one can do people are just confused what to grasp their hands on. Also, what can people really do about this one, get up and protest? Hmmm...yeah, like GT40 said, it all comes down to the congress to do something about this because in the end they are the one's who are going to pass the bill and make a law about it.
Old 11-03-2004, 04:55 PM   #12
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Ben, you're thinking of Mexicans. They're the ones, as I've already pointed out, that take the shit jobs. But India gets a ton of jobs that would be well paying here. Instead they get shipped over there and pay about 1/50th of what they'd pay here.

As for the presidential candidates bringing it up, they did. They focused more on things like factory jobs outsourced to China, though. Just remember that a president has no say over things like this. He can write proposals until he's blue in the face but if congress gives him the big "fuck you", then that's it. It may be hard to get a bill like this passed in a republican (i.e. corporate Amerika friendly) congress.

Old 11-04-2004, 03:58 AM   #13
IALuder

fuck it im moving to a different country LEGALLY. i sick of this one.

if you cant dazzle them with your brillance, baffle them with your bullshit.
IALuder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004, 05:56 AM   #14
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

I'm sick of it too man, but leaving isn't the answer. Rising up and making sure your voice is heard no matter how people feel is the right way to go. A lot of maggots will tell you "you don't like this country then leave" (grammatical inaccuracies left in because people who say things like this are dipshits) but they don't realize it's your country too and you have the obligation to change the things you think are wrong. That's the beauty of it. No matter who is president you can fight tooth and nail to change what you don't like and the people who don't like it can't do fuck about it.