::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Civic/Del Sol
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2003, 07:44 PM   #1
DJWURM

well guys, another radio stolen

Well walked out to my car this morning and saw the passenger side window trim missing and laying on the ground in pieces, then looked inside and saw my radio missing. was a pioneer deh p7300 and had it less than 3 weeks..

well it looked professionally ripped, very clean and that was the only thing missing, they didnt take my cds, leather jacket, 14k Texas A&M University Class Ring or the big bottle of eternity cologne.

well i guess this teaches me to never leave the face on ever! first time i forgot to take it off and leave it in the house...

well on a better note got my tanabe racing medallion exhaust today from pdiggitydog! getting it installed this weekend..
Old 02-04-2003, 07:59 PM   #2
sohc_vtec 2NR

i feel ur pain bro...:o
Old 02-04-2003, 08:09 PM   #3
RU_Teg

damn that really sucks a lot...My brothers car got broken into once, he had taken the face off his pioneer so they didnt take the radio but he left his nextel i-90 in the car and they took that...basterds...
Old 02-04-2003, 08:47 PM   #4
armyguy5
3rd Gear

damn bro that sucks

chris
  • Cold Air Intake, Front Strut Bar, MTX Thunder 6000 10", Gunmetal Altezza Tail Lights, Short Throw Shifter, Factory Side Skirts and Rear lip, JDM front Lip, Thermal R&D stealth exhaust, 16" Rota Slipstreams in Bronze, Alpine CD/MP3/WMA/XM RADIO, Legacy L7M in car video
armyguy5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2003, 08:58 PM   #5
Mischief(LTS)

this is why my kenwood kicks so much ass. when the car turns off, the entire face rotates itself around and locks itself in place. nobody ever thinks its there, because it looks like the face plate was taken off. rofl its so great
Old 02-04-2003, 09:50 PM   #6
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

dirt rotten assholes...i feel for ya man...maybe its time for that security system...
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2003, 10:10 PM   #7
Azkikr111

security system was my xmas gift (along with auto locks) saves me the worries, plust the fact that no one wants my sony HU but at least im safe to upgrade as soon as i get the cash

sorry for ya dude, its a cruel world
Old 02-04-2003, 11:27 PM   #8
a96710

Damn that sucks man
a96710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2003, 08:00 PM   #9
armyguy5
3rd Gear

yea i guess that's one thing i like about my 02 civ is taht it's got the alarm and everytime u disconncet power from it you have to put in the alarm code to get it to work again.. but people suck who do that kinda sh!t..makes me siooooo glad i siad i would protect them

chris
  • Cold Air Intake, Front Strut Bar, MTX Thunder 6000 10", Gunmetal Altezza Tail Lights, Short Throw Shifter, Factory Side Skirts and Rear lip, JDM front Lip, Thermal R&D stealth exhaust, 16" Rota Slipstreams in Bronze, Alpine CD/MP3/WMA/XM RADIO, Legacy L7M in car video
armyguy5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2003, 09:28 PM   #10
Turbo_LS_Hatch

I'm sorry, and I know it sucks, but dude, you pretty much asked for your radio to get stolen, I mean hell, you gave them an open invitation....short of having the doors unlocked.
Old 02-05-2003, 10:58 PM   #11
blind34_1

honestly, its probably someone you knew and.or someone you lives close to you. If you only had it for a short while, then it was probably someone that knew you had it, and/ior heard you thumpin. I feel your pain:

I had my brand new polk subs (3days old) in a hatch box, optimus amp, and all cds stolen out of my car because I was stupid and thumped the system in my neighborhood. no alarm.

I hadnt had my head unit taken that time, but months later when I got an alarm I put it back in and played loud music through my hood again (STUPID, STUPID) and they yanked the head unit. the alarm didn't matter to him, he took it anyway. I had the faceplate in the glovebox (wow, real secure) and obviously found it. I dont think he was expecting the alarm because it was a sloppy pull of the HU. He was gone in less than 20secs.

So now, I'm my 2nd generation sound system, that I rigged myself to be very difficult to remove (dont have the subs and amp in yet, still constructing and securing the enclosures) and before those go in im getting a little LED to say "alarm, beotch!".

coming into my neighborhood the stereo goes off (especially when going past the house of the guy that I know was involved). The faceplate and cds come inside with me, and I check my car anytime I hear a strange noise.

So I guess this goes to show what happens when you are forced to park your car on the street. My advice: don't thump your system anywhere near where you are going to be for any amount of time, and keep as few people aware of your system as possible.

(and by the way, those little flip around faceplates just make it convenient to steal all at once instead of having to check under the seat and in the glovebox.)
blind34_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2003, 07:10 AM   #12
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Quote:
Originally posted by blind34_1

(and by the way, those little flip around faceplates just make it convenient to steal all at once instead of having to check under the seat and in the glovebox.)

You cant even tell I have a Kenwood in my car.. I left the stock headunit in place and mounted the Kenwood (Mask) down above my cupholders in that little pocket, granted if you know what your looking for its not hard to find, but at a glance.. You cant even tell.

Old 02-06-2003, 07:31 AM   #13
DJWURM

well found out the insurance company is going to cover it... but they asked for a reciept of purchase and i couldnt find it so i called them back and they told me just to photocopy the manual and send that to them and that would be fine.. seems like an easy way to defraud an insurance company....
Old 02-06-2003, 08:07 AM   #14
Azkikr111

yeah, well, that wouldnt work for me, i bought my sony cd player used from my friend, and he never gave me any proof of purchase or books on it....i was with him when he bought it originally (so i know it wasnt stolen) he just didnt have them a year later when he wanted to get rid of it, so i made him drop the price to about $50.....now the damn thing is so old that its probably worth about $25......good ridance to anyone that wants that p.o.s....just stay away from my bostons damnit!....plus i feel safe due to the fact that in the event of an emergency (time period of 10 mins or less) its nearly impossible to remove any of my subs/amps/and most of my components speakers. i have them securely fastened in my car, and its only easy to get to them, if you know my setup very well, which not even my friends know precisely how ive got everything crammed in my car

my camera is still sent away because i broke it a few weeks back, as soon as i get it back ill start uploading pictures for you guys to see my baby .....btw, that reminds me, what is a well recommended website to upload pictures to for online storage?
Old 02-06-2003, 01:57 PM   #15
blind34_1

talk to Maxvla, he's not on here much anymore, but I remember he said a while back that if anyone needs a reasonable amount of space to host pics, he'll host em for you. anyway...

I was considering doing that same thing, leave a crappy hu in the stock position and hide the good one somewhere. I guess I like being able to control it from where its supposed to be. anyway, With both breakins considered I lost about $1200. Insurance wouldn't cover it. I'm not making the same mistakes again.
blind34_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2003, 09:52 PM   #16
Civicfrenzy

Sorry about that. I know how it feels. I wrecked my car and my HU got stolen while it was at the body shop insurance or the shop woudlnt pay for it, which was a bunch of sh**. Anyway i got a new system now which is 10 times better. Getting security system sometime in the next 2 weeks. Till then the car is beiung driven only the most necessary places..
Old 02-07-2003, 01:23 PM   #17
HondaTypeJ

I caught this guy at 2:00 in the morning trying to pry into my car and steal my radio. My dad gave me the heads up a few days prior because he said that this strange guy would hang around our neighborhood late at night right next to my car. One night I stayed up late and set up a stakeout (lol), and watched for hours. The guy finally showed up and attemped to break in my car. I went around the back of my house and surprised him with me comming after him with a baseball bat. I never saw a guy run that fast...Before that I was seldom in taking out my radio now I take it out EVERYWHERE I GO. Even if I am expecting to be away for 5 min. BTW, the reason I assumed he was after my radio is because 3 other radios in a three block vicinity of where I live were stolen (including my fathers).
Old 02-08-2003, 12:17 PM   #18
Azkikr111

YOU LET HIM GET AWAY?....man i would just snuck up an beat the guy to the ground, called the cops and let him get his ass pounded in jail for a lil bit

if i saw a guy breakin into my car, i'd break into his ass with a baseball bat swingin
Old 02-08-2003, 12:54 PM   #19
Civic98

sad .......wat kinda neighborhood do u live in lol