::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > Electronics/Sound/Security Systems
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-16-2002, 02:28 PM   #1
Black_98Civic_EX

Running wires from stereo to trunk

What is the easiest way to run wires from the stereo to the trunk? I am installing a sub and amp in the trunk and need to run my RCA cables and power to the amp.
Old 08-16-2002, 03:19 PM   #2
TonitrusEN
4th Gear

You would have to run them under the carpet and some how get them under the back seat, i dont know... I toar my back seat out so i never had to deal with it.... its not hard though.. mmmm bass

My Baby

Unbelievable...

Quote:
Anonymous: Yea but a car has 4 heads, so it's headers!

Me: Or.. you could say that a car has one head...
TonitrusEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2002, 03:47 PM   #3
Accord Man
THE GENERAL

run the power wire on one side, and the rcas on the other..

getting to the trunk is very easy.. with your hand, just push/lift the back seat(bottom), its foam (so flexible), and thru that way you'll find an access to the trunk.

oh and welcome to HS!
HondaStyle.com Babysitter's Club Member #0

Soon to be >Dr Max Immuh<
Accord Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2002, 04:09 PM   #4
TonitrusEN
4th Gear

Oh yea forgot about seperating the rca's from power, sorry

My Baby

Unbelievable...

Quote:

Old 08-17-2002, 12:09 AM   #5
juvenile

I have a panel at the side of the car that goes to the side of the seats and at the side of the seats there was a small hole.

btw did you manage to run the power wire from the battery into the actual car. That was a ***** to do on my car. Took me and 3 other people 3h to do.
Old 08-17-2002, 09:24 AM   #6
Black_98Civic_EX

I will probably have to drill a hole in the firewall to run the power cable to the battery. I thought I read somewhere that you can run the cables under the plastic trim next to the seats by the door and then up behind the plastic sides in the back seat and then on into the trunk. Pulling up carpet does not sound very fun. I'll let you guys know what I end up doing.

Peace out.
Old 08-17-2002, 12:59 PM   #7
juvenile

Quote:
Originally posted by Black_98Civic_EX
I will probably have to drill a hole in the firewall to run the power cable to the battery. I thought I read somewhere that you can run the cables under the plastic trim next to the seats by the door and then up behind the plastic sides in the back seat and then on into the trunk. Pulling up carpet does not sound very fun. I'll let you guys know what I end up doing.

Peace out.

That's exactly what I did! But I didn't have to drill into the firewall. (At least I don't think so)
Old 08-19-2002, 10:34 AM   #8
TonitrusEN
4th Gear

Pulling up the carpet is cake, I can get my seats out and pull up carpet in about 10 minutes.. its not hard... but you NEED to seperate the power and RCA's or youll get noise on the lines.. what i did, was if you pull out the passenger seat (at least on my 95 HB) and lift the carpet, the seats have little raised sections to bolt too, well Honda was kind enough to give us little holes in that to run wires through, so mine are seperated through that

My Baby

Unbelievable...

Quote:

Old 08-19-2002, 02:29 PM   #9
Black_98Civic_EX

So what do you have to do to get the carpet loose and where do you pull it up from? I would assume you loosen it by the door and just lift it up. How exactly is it held down on the sides?
Old 08-19-2002, 02:34 PM   #10
TonitrusEN
4th Gear

Its held down by the seats, and the door step plate, thats it, at least in a hatchback

My Baby

Unbelievable...

Quote:

Old 08-19-2002, 08:41 PM   #11
Black_98Civic_EX

Ladies and Gentleman, I introduce to you BASS!!!

Anyway, I didn't have to drill a hole in the firewall. Below the battery to the right, there was a rubber "stopper" in the firewall. I just yanked it out and ran my power cable right on through. Then, I ran it with my remote turn on wire along the passenger side door under the plastic. The plastic just pops right away from the frame and you can tuck the wire right in. I ran it on along the side of the back seat and on into the trunk. As for my RCA's, I ran them under the plastic center console, up under the back seat, along the front of the back seat and then around the drivers side just like the power wires and on into the trunk. I almost didn't have enough length to reach my amp. It wouldn't have been a problem if I could have gotten the wires under the back seat somehow, but I didn't want to fool with taking the back seat out. Oh yeah, I did take out the passenger seat. It was a cinch. About 2 minutes. The hardest part of the whole thing was finding a place to ground my amp in the trunk. I looked everywhere and couldn't find a bolt. I finally found a small hole in a bracket that was empty and bolted it up there.

Overall, I would say the job was fairly easy. The whole thing took me about 2 hours.

BASS BASS BASS BASS BASS :o BASS BASS