::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Accord
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-13-2002, 12:59 PM   #1
thatguyX

automatic shifting?

hey i was reading a kill story, does it help to go at d3 and then shift into d4 when you red line? also what would help my car to shift faster (2001 accord v6 lx).
Old 06-13-2002, 02:14 PM   #2
ShEaNy

it really doesn't matter..... when your in D3 in revs at a higher Rpm..but BARely anything... i usually put into 1 and shift up...cause i like to put the RPM's in the red just a bit..hehe...cause it doesn't with just D3 or 4.....
ShEaNy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2002, 04:27 AM   #3
accordboy00

I like shifting from D1, but I heard that that will powder your tranny. I started a thread on this subject, I think its called "4-speed manual."
Anyways, its bad and I have proof. When I got my 6gen I did the manual shifting thing all the time. At 17k miles my transaxle seal started leaking. It was replaced under warranty. I kept on doing the manual shifting. At 39k miles the same thing happened. Honda completely replaced my tranny. Manual shifting...no more.....well very rarely at times when I want to spank an over egotistical civic rice rocket.
All in all, dont do it. Your tranny will go in no time. Try modding your engine and exhaust and youll run through your gears quicker. I like to drive in D3 because it wil shift directly into D2. It is also alot more responsive than D4.
Just a little advice.
Old 06-14-2002, 09:05 AM   #4
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

Quote:
Originally posted by sheany_91accord
it really doesn't matter..... when your in D3 in revs at a higher Rpm..but BARely anything... i usually put into 1 and shift up...cause i like to put the RPM's in the red just a bit..hehe...cause it doesn't with just D3 or 4.....

why don't you put this theread in the step by step with the title: how to fawk up the tranny

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote