::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Civic/Del Sol
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-18-2003, 10:19 AM   #1
civic3x98

Body Kit Search

The moment that every person waits for is coming much closer now. My 98 Honda Civic Ex is almost paid off, 5 month to go. I told myself I was going to pay it off before I did anything further to my car.

I have got rims, intake, exhaust, some under dash neons, but nothing else really. I have recently started a business which I have obtained a tax exeption license with, which is nice.

So here is my question. My front bumper is the victim on a tire shred in the rode at 80 mph, which shredded my splash gaurd. And my rear bumper is the victim of a pole that came out of no where while leaving the school parking lot.

I am looking to get the front and rear bumpers replaced with body kit pieces. I have seen a few that I like and want to go with (going to spell this wrong) eurathane, because I hear it is stronger than fiberglass and wont chip as easily.

I want to know if anyone knows any whole sale vendors for body kits, and since I live in Houston, Tx, are there any in my area? If anyone can help me out with this id appreciate it.
Old 07-22-2003, 10:06 PM   #2
Shaved &/or Laid
4th Gear

youre wrong about the urethane. in fact, it does not crack or chip period. i kick mine for fun on a regular basis, and even hit a roll of carpet. and get all 4 pieces. the front and back will hang down lower than teh rest UNLESS you get a Xenon striker. My ww fron hangs lowere than the XEnon rear significanly, and im almost sure that the xenon lines up with the factory skirts. get urethane no matter what. IN fact, i might be selling my back since it doestn hang as low as the rest. if you want it, prolly like 100-150$ ill sell it if i can figure out shipping PROBABLY, but id have to ride around with no back bumper so im not sure. plus my dad will b!tch. but yeah. get urethane.
Old 07-23-2003, 01:24 AM   #3
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

get urethane.

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2003, 01:41 AM   #4
thermal
Banning Machine

Re: Body Kit Search

Quote:
Originally posted by civic3x98
...........My front bumper is the victim on a tire shred in the rode at 80 mph, which shredded my splash gaurd.......
Houston's road sux man, especially I-10 and I-45. I know what you mean. I ran over some same sh!t on I-10 going downtown at about 65MPH. It damaged my 1 month old intercooler and almost pulled off my front and rear bumper. That city needs to clean those major highways more often.

Anyway, I'm not sure if you can get some wholesale items in Houston itself. You can probably try Alamo Motorsports in San Antonio or Jotech in Dallas. I'm not sure if you are affiliated with Hocus Pocus, you can try them too. Those people there sux tho. Carboy is cool but expensive. Visit this site: www.houston-imports.com and ask around. They have a web board as well

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
thermal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2003, 05:02 PM   #5
Senshi

Quote:
Originally posted by hondaman-iac
get urethane.

YES YES, i actually have one, and i've thrown it aganist a wall, kicked it so hard i hurt my foot, hit a curb going 70mph with it, and not one dent in it, not one cut, not one hole, i love it, i highly recommend them
Old 07-24-2003, 06:14 PM   #6
Shaved &/or Laid
4th Gear

Ive hit:

A roll of carpet
a bucket
a road cone or 3
SEVERAL curbs
a stack of wood
a gigantic rock
a log that fell off an el camino :-/
a rotten possum that was flung into the air by the car in front of me ( i heard it go "SQUICK")
pther miscellaneous unidentifiable road debris

bumper is still in perfect shape