::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2002, 09:28 PM   #1
V8killimports

Quad Turbo AWD Viper with nitrous beaten by my Civic!

LOL..don't you guys wish. If we could get a few things straight before I start... first off, what is NOS? NOS stands for Nitrous Oxide Systems, which is the name of a company. SO when people say they have "NOS", or that they are running "NOS", they sound like morons. Next, let's please be more realistic about "mods". If you have a stock civic which makes what...100hp...then adding an exhaust will NOT make you 40hp. Power is dependent upon the engine and it's efficiency. An exhaust can add anywhere from 0%-5% power. So if you make 100hp you can gain 5hp, not 40hp. There is no exhaust system, no matter how expensive it is that adds 40% power to your engine. And for those guys that have civics that beat Z06 corvettes, or vipers. That is VERY rare. Yes I have seen it, but it happened to be a 50K motor with 2 turbos running like 25psi, and nitrous. You guys seem to think this is an everyday occurance. A civic beating something along the lines of a viper ot Z06 is like winning the California lottery...you have a chance..but only in a millions years. Now for this guy that has the 50k motor, he does have a fast car, but in the end it's still a POS ugly fast car. Now which car is the girl gonna get in? The stickered out, monster wing, bright yellow one wiper fast POS, or the viper? In addition, would you people really dump loads of cash into a civic, or buy a viper? Now for some of your signatures... "soon to be a 15 second car"...wtf? Are you serious? I had a 66 stang with a 30 year old stock 289 that ran in the 15's all day. Please tell me that sig is a joke. There are some of these cars that have deserve somre respect such as the supras, 300, and I even like the rx7...but please tell me...why a civic? There was a guy at college that bought a new 2001 civic, stripped out the interior, then added a turbo and ran low 15's. Why? All that cost close to 20k. Why? Buy a muscle car, drop a fuel injected motor in it, and for 15k you have a car that appreciates its' value and runs 12's.
Old 09-01-2002, 09:44 PM   #2
drdingo21

i agree with you about people that say NOS. However other than that your post was pointless and in the wrong topic. Also its not rare for a civic to beat a z06 vette, ive seen it done five times this summer all differnt cars. As for the 20k motor either you or the guy that did it is a moron, im leaning more towards you judgin from your above post. I don't know what kind of motor he had but im sure he could have got it loads cheaper. I was looking into a B seriers motor and turbo for under 5k...

Last edited by drdingo21 : 09-01-2002 at 09:49 PM.
Old 09-01-2002, 10:14 PM   #3
monkut

yeah no kidding. go to cthree.com, its a corolla site. one guy has a celica gt-s engine (180 hp) and a t4 turbo which puts him around 260 hp and he's running averages of 12.4's. and that does not cost 50 grand. probably got the engine and tranny for 3000 and the turbo system for 3500 or so. so what is that? 6,500 dollars? not 50 grand.
i realize i am most likely in the minority here, but you asked if i had lots of money to spend would i rather spend it on a viper or a civic? i would rather take a cheap slow car and make it amazingly fast than to buy a racecar right out of the box, i mean, building your own car is the fun part.

Old 09-01-2002, 10:16 PM   #4
monkut

i hope this isnt the case but i think v8killimports may have just dropped this post and left. he probably wont check back to see what we said. i mean, people will only believe what they want to believe.

Old 09-01-2002, 10:37 PM   #5
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

he at least sounds like he knows what he's talking about. he just generalized too many of us into one group. theres a show ascpect of the import scene he isnt seeing. i am not modding my car anymore because it costs too much to make faster, im selling it sooner or later and gonna get a 240 with a sr20det. 6500+ car shell = mid 12's +3000 more=11's

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
Old 09-01-2002, 11:13 PM   #6
V8killimports

I posted a msg called "All About Attitude " which was supposed to spin off this..but screwed it up.. anyways..260hp and running low 12's? Nuh uh... you guys at least know that 1/4 mile times are about power to weight. So if you are running low 12s with 260 hp I hope your car weighs 1700 lbs because that's what it would take. I have a 3200 lb car, 550hp, and I have to fight for low 11's. That is over twice your hp, but using your et and hp, with a weight of 2500 I should be running high 8's and I don't.
Old 09-01-2002, 11:28 PM   #7
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

Quote:
Originally posted by V8killimports
I posted a msg called "All About Attitude " which was supposed to spin off this..but screwed it up.. anyways..260hp and running low 12's? Nuh uh... you guys at least know that 1/4 mile times are about power to weight. So if you are running low 12s with 260 hp I hope your car weighs 1700 lbs because that's what it would take. I have a 3200 lb car, 550hp, and I have to fight for low 11's. That is over twice your hp, but using your et and hp, with a weight of 2500 I should be running high 8's and I don't.
if your talking to me, about low 12's it was atcualy 350RWhp in a 2800lb car. so maybe over 400 crank

Old 09-01-2002, 11:31 PM   #8
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

oh, i see your not. my bad

Old 09-02-2002, 12:32 AM   #9
Accord Man
THE GENERAL

V8killimports, please watch yourself... Trying to start sh!t on this message board because of any previous unpleasant experiences or any personal issues you may have is totally pointless.

The steady crowd on here is more educated than you seem to
think.

Every once in a while an import hater. such as yourself, comes along and wags his tail... Well, let me nurture your mind.

Click here

If your intention is to propagate information, please do so the proper way.

Thanks.
HondaStyle.com Babysitter's Club Member #0

Soon to be >Dr Max Immuh<
Old 09-02-2002, 11:48 AM   #10
monkut

v8killimports....if you dont believe that, then look in the newest issue of sport compact car. the one with the new 350z on the cover. the del sol in there is running mid 12's and he only has about 240hp at the wheels and 160 something torque. or just continue to say i dont know what im talking about.

Old 09-02-2002, 12:58 PM   #11
V8killimports

Hp to weight!

Ok...no matter what car you drive...mustang, honda, ferarri, vanq whatever, you have the issue of hp to weight. NO CAR with 240rwh runs 12's unless it is stripped to nothing. A 240hp car would need to weight 1400 lbs to touch 12s. TOUCH..not low 12s.
Old 09-02-2002, 01:05 PM   #12
TonitrusEN
4th Gear

a fifth gen civic hatch with a b20 from a CRV in it will run 13s... thats at 160 hp 162 torque (i dont know if thats the b20, but thats what it said in Import Tuner, i think the b20s actualy like 140, but its one of the CRV engines) so at 160 hp... 13's thats no where near your ratio since a stock civic hatch weighs 2300lbs

My Baby

Unbelievable...

Quote:
Anonymous: Yea but a car has 4 heads, so it's headers!

Me: Or.. you could say that a car has one head...
Old 09-02-2002, 02:00 PM   #13
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

---------------------------MOVED-------------
This forums is for kills only. Opinions & such go in
http://www.hondastyle.com/forums/for...p?s=&forumid=9
-------------------------------------------------
Old 09-02-2002, 02:21 PM   #14
ShEaNy

lol just another hater....who obviously was beaten by some riced out import and takes it out on us....and about ur 50K on a engine...wow get ur facts straight.....MY dads Freind has a civic...15K engine....he doesnt even waste his time anymore with the vipers in the city...u want proof come over here and ill let him show u ..lol by the way what type of car do u have....? heh
Old 09-02-2002, 04:53 PM   #15
gixer

Quote:

you want power/weight/speed?... buy a bike...now stfu

Old 09-02-2002, 05:21 PM   #16
gixer

Quote:
I have a 3200 lb car, 550hp, and I have to fight for low 11's. That is over twice your hp, but using your et and hp, with a weight of 2500 I should be running high 8's and I don't.

we're gonna need dyno sheets, timeslips, and pictures also...im tired of you asses coming to honda sites braggin bout ur 1000hp big blocks without bringing a slight bit of proof... everytime one of you guys come, you're claiming the exact same thing...a 550hp car that runs 10's-11's....you actually think it's that easy to build an 11 second car?... all you guys can do is run ur mouth, now get the f*ck outta here, loser.

Old 09-02-2002, 05:28 PM   #17
Kyle
elyK

YOU SUNK MY BATTLE SHIP!
get the **** out

EXPLORE THE TRUTH
Old 09-02-2002, 06:26 PM   #18
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

ahahahaha.. good call gixer

come back with proof or your gonna have to tell you domestic friends you got 0wn3d (dont confuse it with owned, this is super owned) by a honda site

Old 09-02-2002, 06:34 PM   #19
monkut

did anybody read that sport compact car i was talking about a few replies ago? i just need somebody to back me up...im not bullshitting. v8.....if you dont believe me just look at that issue next time you're at the store. im sure he throws out all unnecessary junk when dragging like his sound system and seats and whatnot, but its not stripped.
sorry bout this being on the wrong board but (in whiny childlike voice he started it!

Old 09-02-2002, 07:57 PM   #20
V8killimports

come on now...

Ok that honda with b20..160hp you say..2500lbs with driver we will say.. Ok, that is 14.78 in the 1/4. Fast for a ricer, but not 13's. Please try again. And no I have never been beaten by a ricer.. I know there are ricers running 2 turbos with crazy boost that can beat me.. but I tell ya what, I can slap on a 10-71 blower and have the same effect. I choose for my car to last. And it will last longer than a civic with 2 turbos running 20 psi. You don't get 400k miles outa a turboed out civic. Keep dreaming. And what do I drive? I drive a 57 chevy...etc etc. And why do ricers piss me off? Well let's put it this way... stop street racing.. There have been many a times where a ricer and the ricer guy hes racing are weaving in and outa traffic and cut me off missing me by only feet. I swear to ****ing god..next time that shit happens I am gonna clip his ass and send him spinning. As for all these friends of friends of friends sisters aunts daughters boyfriend that has a car that can beat anything and run the 1/4 in 9s.. bs. When you guys learn a little about physics and acceleration, and stop saying that 160hp will give you 13's. 160hp will not touch 13's no matter what car you are in...ricer, chevy, ford..whatever..won't ahppen.
Old 09-02-2002, 08:09 PM   #21
V8killimports

gixer can't read? how sad.. =(

Sorry you can't read gixer.. stop spending your money on shiny new exhaust and order some hooked on phonics. What I said (which you also quoted you moron) is that I fight for 11's. Now what does that mean? It means on a very good day when the car is running premo, I can touch 11's. But mostly hang in low 12's. 550hp is nothing for a V8. Its NATURALLY aspirated, and is easily achievable. I know those #'s are like god to a 1.6 but for a 383 stroker that's fairly easy. I run a big cam, 10:1 comp, alum dart heads, forged rotating assembly, med size carb, and a dual plane manifold. Now if I decide to slap on a 871 and or nitrous...well shit... a 871 will gimme prob in the range of 750-800hp, then a 200 shot of nitrous would put me in the 1000hp range... very hard on the engine but can be easily achieved. Now gixer I know you get all horny when you break 200hp, but with V8s, 200 is less than we start with... thank you..come again..
Old 09-02-2002, 08:17 PM   #22
gixer

Re: come on now...

Quote:
Ok that honda with b20..160hp you say..2500lbs with driver we will say.. Ok, that is 14.78 in the 1/4. Fast for a ricer, but not 13's. Please try again. And no I have never been beaten by a ricer.. I know there are ricers running 2 turbos with crazy boost that can beat me.. but I tell ya what, I can slap on a 10-71 blower and have the same effect. I choose for my car to last. And it will last longer than a civic with 2 turbos running 20 psi. You don't get 400k miles outa a turboed out civic. Keep dreaming. And what do I drive? I drive a 57 chevy...etc etc. And why do ricers piss me off? Well let's put it this way... stop street racing.. There have been many a times where a ricer and the ricer guy hes racing are weaving in and outa traffic and cut me off missing me by only feet. I swear to ****ing god..next time that shit happens I am gonna clip his ass and send him spinning. As for all these friends of friends of friends sisters aunts daughters boyfriend that has a car that can beat anything and run the 1/4 in 9s.. bs. When you guys learn a little about physics and acceleration, and stop saying that 160hp will give you 13's. 160hp will not touch 13's no matter what car you are in...ricer, chevy, ford..whatever..won't ahppen.

allright you ****ing moron, nobody came up to you and said imports were faster than domestics so stop talking outta ur ass. as for the ricers nearly killing you, im pretty sick and tired seeing those junky ass 1792 2-ton metal deathtraps that try to race ricers just to prove a point..."civics with 2 turbos?" are you ****ing stupid, fyi twin turbocharging an inline for is almost as pointless as putting "nos" stickers on civics... TT's are meant for bigger engines or engines with 2 banks of cylinders... you drive what?... "an internet 1957 550whp 11second thundertiger?...ur such a ****ing tool...and what did you say about your car lasting?... you need to go back and read those hotrod magazines again, the only cars that last are the one's that get a transplant every month/year...

Old 09-02-2002, 08:23 PM   #23
gixer

Re: gixer can't read? how sad.. =(

Quote:
Sorry you can't read gixer.. stop spending your money on shiny new exhaust and order some hooked on phonics. What I said (which you also quoted you moron) is that I fight for 11's. Now what does that mean? It means on a very good day when the car is running premo, I can touch 11's. But mostly hang in low 12's. 550hp is nothing for a V8. Its NATURALLY aspirated, and is easily achievable. I know those #'s are like god to a 1.6 but for a 383 stroker that's fairly easy. I run a big cam, 10:1 comp, alum dart heads, forged rotating assembly, med size carb, and a dual plane manifold. Now if I decide to slap on a 871 and or nitrous...well shit... a 871 will gimme prob in the range of 750-800hp, then a 200 shot of nitrous would put me in the 1000hp range... very hard on the engine but can be easily achieved. Now gixer I know you get all horny when you break 200hp, but with V8s, 200 is less than we start with... thank you..come again..

all ur talk is pointless without some proof you ****ing bonehead...and fyi i don't race hondas. damn man, you have 550hp and you can't even crack 11's?...i feel sorry for you bro. btw...is that 550 crank hp or is that just 550 e-hp?...

Old 09-02-2002, 08:33 PM   #24
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

please make it stop. in the end it all comes to preference. i don't like domestics, and i'll never drive one ( i had 1 in the past)

closing

Closed Thread