::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > High Performance > Turbo
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-10-2003, 07:45 AM   #1
t3t4si

Which manifold?

Ok i have a beautiful t3/t4 turbine sitting on my shelf...see i need it in my car. So I am asking you wondful people out there if you know which manifold would be the best to use (b16). I was looking for an external wastgate with a 35mm neck. Can any of you people help me out?
Old 04-10-2003, 03:05 PM   #2
Honda530

Well what type of manifold are looking for. DO you want a log style or a tubular stlye. Check www.overboost.com www.maxrev.com. Also look at www.thepartstrader.com. There is some debate between the log style and the tubular kind. IMO Id go with the tubular kind. DragRev are also good manis. Check this site out it helped me a bunch. http://www.cse.uconn.edu/~yelevich/turbo/turbo.html
And where in Miss are located?? im up in hattiesburg. Later.
Old 04-16-2003, 07:29 AM   #3
t3t4si

Oh by the way im from Columbus MS... do you know anyone from here. We have alot friends on this website from Columbus
Old 04-16-2003, 12:39 PM   #4
2ndGenTeg
4th Gear

My favorite is the South Florida Performance. Best materials, best wastegate placement, IMO.
2ndGenTeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2003, 01:11 AM   #5
HndaTch627

your best bet with a T3/T4 depending on the trim is to go with a full tubular equal length manifold with a mounting flange for a Tial 35mm waste gate. I'm not sure what you are looking for power wise but i would definitely reccomend getting it jet hot coated and or wrapping the header. depending on the trim you may need all the heat you can get
Old 04-20-2003, 12:26 AM   #6
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Look for a used RevHard cast manifold. RevHard makes a great manifold.

Quote:
Originally posted by HndaTch627
your best bet with a T3/T4 depending on the trim is to go with a full tubular equal length manifold with a mounting flange for a Tial 35mm waste gate.

Only problem with equal length manifolds is that the A/C usually get cut out.
Old 04-20-2003, 03:14 AM   #7
HndaTch627

Quote:
Originally posted by Addict
Look for a used RevHard cast manifold. RevHard makes a great manifold.

Only problem with equal length manifolds is that the A/C usually get cut out.
yeah i know, try making an equal length manifold for a subaru, you either end up with 3 feet of piping or you have to give something up. Me, you'll have to kill me before i get rid of my AC...nothing like spending a full day inthe sun Auto-xing and being sunburnt and getting into a nice Air Conditioned car

Rev hard does great work from what i have seen. Just stay away from cast manifolds, they don't take high temps very well for extended periods of time.

jeremy
Old 05-04-2003, 09:19 PM   #8
Boosted3g

Revhard tubular or the Full-race are the best ive ever seen. I picked up 42 whp going from a SFP to the Revhard i have now. Our other race car has the Full-race and that manifold is hands down the best. bench tested to flow over 800 cfm
Old 05-13-2003, 02:48 AM   #9
Dr Drew

What size turbine are you using Boosted ??
Old 06-02-2003, 08:49 PM   #10
thermal
Banning Machine

To see the differences on these manifolds, check out www.homemadeturbo.com since they have the pics of the most common names in the market......

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
thermal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2003, 08:46 PM   #11
Boosted3g

I have a Precision TE64 with a t4 turbine in a .68 housing. Sorry for the late reply i dont come on much anymore with all my odd jobs i have going on.