::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-12-2002, 06:36 AM   #1
XdiscontensionX

oh how i love morning commutes

so yeah, this morning on my way to work i'm approaching the toll booths and instantly my day is shot to hell. there was an opening between 2 tractor trailers - probably about 4 car lengths - so i put on my blinker and merged between them. the next thing i know the truck driver behind me lays on his horn (for a good minute) so i immediately look up and he's beside me, almost against the guard rail. then one of the toll booth operators comes over, screaming in my face "you better pull over asshole, you can't ****ing run people off the road like that." i seriously almost killed this guy b/c obviously he didn't see shit - just the truck beside me all pissed off - and he's accusing me of being at fault. maybe if the other driver had been doing the speed limit he wouldn't have ended up going off the road. so yeah, now i get to wait for the inevitable phone call from la policia. what a wonderful day.
Old 09-12-2002, 07:20 AM   #2
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Damn, thats not cool at all..
Old 09-12-2002, 07:31 AM   #3
mt.biker

im lost, how can you be at fault? sounds like the truckers fault
Old 09-12-2002, 10:01 AM   #4
TonitrusEN
4th Gear

I got to wait in traffic for 45 minutes

My Baby

Unbelievable...

Quote:
Anonymous: Yea but a car has 4 heads, so it's headers!

Me: Or.. you could say that a car has one head...
TonitrusEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2002, 10:25 AM   #5
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

traffic really sucks. usually i have an alternate route to go to school. it's a few miles longer, but 30 minutes shorter.

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2002, 10:40 AM   #6
DsBlu01CivEX

dude that totally sucks. I hate truckers (no offense to anyone that is one, is going to become one, or is related to any). I just have to deal with school traffic on my commutes....oh and garbage trucks pickin up trash, and I pass the landfill...so I have to deal with those trucks too.

http://www.myspace.com/kenike
DsBlu01CivEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2002, 10:44 AM   #7
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

hey, do u think it's easy being a trucker ? often deal with a 50ton load. It's not easy trust me. i drove one, my dad drove one for 3 weeks in the winter and the whole load started going perpendicular to the higway on ice. it's more than just steering. i guess you won't realize until you get and drive one.

Old 09-12-2002, 11:08 AM   #8
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

I have sympathy for truckers in general b/c its so hard for them to drive those things, but that really sucks about what happened to you. Best of luck straightening things out

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2002, 11:14 AM   #9
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

nah i don't have a license and i drove it for just a few miles. my dad had all the crap happening to him

Old 09-12-2002, 12:33 PM   #10
cutiepy701

Truckers scare me, they can be psycho sometimes. anyhow, that sucks and I hope they find you not at fault.
Old 09-12-2002, 07:27 PM   #11
Kyle
elyK

It's not like they're made to be truckers...

EXPLORE THE TRUTH
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2002, 10:16 AM   #12
bootstrap

haha wait, did you actually pull over for that guy or did you just drive off? besides the police can't do anything.....
Old 09-13-2002, 10:25 AM   #13
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

Quote:
Originally posted by bootstrap
haha wait, did you actually pull over for that guy or did you just drive off? besides the police can't do anything.....

yup if there was no collison between you two police can't do anything. if his car got smacked it's his responsability.

Old 09-14-2002, 08:43 AM   #14
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Hell with that. I woulda been like "Is he ok? Is his truck ok? Fine dickhead I'm leaving." I wouldn't have pulled over. Screw the toll guy.

So long as nothing happened to his truck or him you should be fine.
Old 09-16-2002, 06:57 AM   #15
XdiscontensionX

no harm done. and no, i didn't stop for the toll booth guy - if i would have pulled over things really would have gotten out of hand, seeing how i don't deal well with people screaming at me that early in the morning.
Old 09-16-2002, 08:39 AM   #16
ohiochica

ohhhhhhh i got a better trucker horror story. i was stopping for a red light to get onto teh freeway, due to my severe fear of trucks i left about 2 car lengths between me and the truck that was in front of me. well a semi pulls behind me and then i notice the truck in front of me backing up!!!!! i start fliping out layin on my horn, i couldnt move becuase of traffic on both sides, so the trucker behind me sees what is happening and he too starts with his airhorn, no luck! the first truck backs into me, pushes me into the semi behind me and then when he realizes what he has doen he flees the scene! well me being the hot head that i am i chase off after him. he ws flying down the 50 mph freeway going at one point 100-110!!! i get his plates and stuff and call the police and he was later arrested for vehiclular homicide! he had ran a car off the road in pa only hours ealier! there was not much damage to my car and no witnesses that would come forward so i let it drop since he was already arrested. but to this day i freeze up when i have to pass a semi. talk about pissing your pants!

Ohio HST members please read this
ohiochica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2002, 09:55 AM   #17
XdiscontensionX

yikes. that must have been quite the terrifying event.
i have to admit i'm quite weary of truckers on the major interstates as well. just the other day i saw one going 65 using the passing lane to get around slower trucks in front of him. 2 things wrong with this... a) trucks are prohibited from using the passing lane, and b) he cut off cars going 80mph without signalling.
Old 09-16-2002, 01:40 PM   #18
williecume

no offence to anybody on this forum, but i have had to drive a large truck once and i got to see the kind of crap they get all the time.

they put on their turn signal and nobody lets them in or people get it the lane he wants and honks at him.

people pull out if front of them and dont speed up or decide they want to stop.

will i was driving a truck i found out that if the truckers are wanting in a lane and they have their turn signal on if they have enough room then flash your light at them. they know that the lane is clear for them to get into and most of the time they will flash their lights back at you thanking you.

i have seen a few truckers that are a-holes that dont use their turn signal and just move over. i have also seen them go and run a blood red light just so they get try to get to the on-ramp to the highway before you do. not all of them are bad, but just like with all people the ones that are a-holes give them a bad name.

sorry for a long post, i thought i would just try to let you know what they put up with. i know i didnt cover everything just the main ones.