::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Civic/Del Sol
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-31-2002, 11:09 PM   #1
Afroney

A legal warrenty question.

Got a few issues with my Honda warrenty. First of all to do any warrenty repairs the dealership I bought the car from wants 25 bucks for each incident. Now in the Warrenty manual it states, "All repairs/replacements made under this warrenty are free of charge." Can they legally do this? Or can I take the car to another, more competent mechanic and get Honda to pay for it. Second, would installing new pedal covers (The bolt on kind from Autozone) void my warrenty for fixing the broken linkage between the pedal and slave cylinder? (The linkage was making noises when I first bought the car.) It shouldnt. Im asking these questions cause I know the dealership Im going to have to deal with are very nasty people, They tried to screw me over on my old Audi repairs, which ended up getting into a legal fight (We won).
Old 01-01-2003, 06:03 AM   #2
armyguy5
3rd Gear

they have to be able to provbe that your pedal covers caused the problem....talk to me again when iwake up

chris
  • Cold Air Intake, Front Strut Bar, MTX Thunder 6000 10", Gunmetal Altezza Tail Lights, Short Throw Shifter, Factory Side Skirts and Rear lip, JDM front Lip, Thermal R&D stealth exhaust, 16" Rota Slipstreams in Bronze, Alpine CD/MP3/WMA/XM RADIO, Legacy L7M in car video
armyguy5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2003, 12:49 PM   #3
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Honestly, the pedals should be fine, but if you know the linkage is screwed, get that fixed first, then install the pedals. That way there will be no problems.

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote