Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Civic/Del Sol
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-23-2004, 10:14 PM   #1
Aquariust

B18 Interchangeable Replacement parts?

Hello All,
Just purchased a B18a out of a 91 teg ls. It is missing the alternator, distributor, fuel rail, and the exhaust manifold.

I was wondering if anyone knows what parts are are interchangable, for instance, can a distributor from a 94 gsr work on this engine?

Or less detailed, for instance, will parts from a b18c work on a b18a. What years are interchangeable, for instance are b18's from 91 the same as in 97?

Are any of the parts interchangable with 88-89 tegs, like the distributor?

Thanks for any help you can offer!

-John
Old 01-23-2004, 10:43 PM   #2
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

youre going to have overall better luck with b18B parts...but most b's will have interchanging parts

as far as wiring and electrical goes, you'll need same obd parts...unless you want the worlds biggest pain in the ass
(stick with DA integra parts for that)
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2004, 09:05 AM   #3
Honda_Tengoku

GSR engines have a higher deck height. The exhaust manifold most likey will fit it will just hang low though. It wouldnt hurt to try though. Obiously u know the intake manifold wont work off of a GSR. Thats a given I would think. Thats really the only thing I can give advice on. Not sure about your other items. Sorry couldnt help more.
Old 01-24-2004, 11:33 AM   #4
cashizslick

I think you can use a CTR crank, rods, and pistions with your B18 because it has the same deck height as the B16B.
Old 01-25-2004, 11:51 PM   #5
blind34_1

you you're getting into this. I havent even bought my motor yet.
Anyway, I'm pretty sure that 88-89 tegs all have D series motors, so that won't work. The parts you are listing have an aftermarket equivelant that I would suggest you look at. The alternator you can get refurbed for pretty reasonable, and the distributor you'll have to buy new.

If you want used parts, you might try sohfast.com, I'm dealing with them right now, otherwise start a google search on this. I'm sure the fuel rail is interchangable with something, but I just dont know what. Let us know when you find out.
blind34_1 is offline   Reply With Quote