Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-03-2004, 11:48 AM   #1
Wren57

Kerry Concedes!!!

www.drudgereport.com

Kerry has conceded. Bush for four more years. Whether or not you agree with Bush, the system worked, and the system picked George Walker Bush.
Old 11-03-2004, 11:51 AM   #2
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

ahh walker... i was wondering what the W ment last night

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
ChrisCantSkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 11:56 AM   #3
AzCivic

George Walker Bush

Walker Texas Ranger...hmmmm.
AzCivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 12:00 PM   #4
AzCivic

Republicans got everything, the house, the senate, the majority of governors, and of course the presidency.

maybe if anti-bush people spent more time out voting and less time thinking up stupid jokes and making music videos, they'd at least have something.
Old 11-03-2004, 12:03 PM   #5
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

i really hope things go back to semi-normal now.

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
ChrisCantSkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 12:07 PM   #6
AzCivic

were there any "celebrities" that made some BS promise of leaving the country if Bush gets elected?
Old 11-03-2004, 12:13 PM   #7
Wren57

Johnny Depp did, and I'm sure a few others did as well. I know Alec Baldwin said that about 4 years ago, but he's still kicking around Hollywood...
Old 11-03-2004, 12:20 PM   #8
AzCivic

figures
Old 11-03-2004, 12:51 PM   #9
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Quote:
Originally posted by highlander
Johnny Depp did...

Looks like he'll be back in rehab soon. Sorry that wasn't nice.
Old 11-03-2004, 02:09 PM   #10
IALuder

oh no not alec baldwin.

alec baldwin and matt damon = FAG TEAM AMERICA FUCK YEA

if you cant dazzle them with your brillance, baffle them with your bullshit.
IALuder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 04:34 PM   #11
ShEaNy

bush for four more eh...have fun
ShEaNy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 05:05 PM   #12
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

We're all fucked...wonderful. Well...at least rich white people are happy...and that's all that matters in republican Amerika.
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 05:16 PM   #13
AzCivic

Old 11-03-2004, 05:59 PM   #14
Daviso27
3rd Gear

Republicans are all bi-sexual....They love their DICK and BUSH!
Daviso27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 06:14 PM   #15
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
Originally posted by AzCivic

Haha...roll your eyes all you want dude. Wren is happy...thus my point is proven.

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Old 11-03-2004, 06:58 PM   #16
Kyle
elyK

Quote:
Originally posted by GT40FIED
Wren is happy...

so is the majority of the USA.

EXPLORE THE TRUTH
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 07:14 PM   #17
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
Originally posted by Kyle

Yeah...51% vs. 49% is a whopping majority.

Old 11-03-2004, 08:36 PM   #18
Wren57

Quote:
Originally posted by Kyle

For the first time since 1988 I believe.

Steve, you are always one to preach on your high horse about how great it would be if all humans have our own viewpoints and how we should all be able to express them, yet you completely refute any argument that does not mesh with your own. You are the type of person that says he will agree to disagree only with people that don't disagree with you. There are some fundamental human psychological insights that I agree with you on, but in terms of politics and governing those same people, I think you are way off base, but that is merely my opinion, it is neither correct nor incorrect. By saying that something is wrong because I believe it and you don't is far more shallow and narrow-minded than the "brainwashed military" as you put it and is far more ridiculous than the people you accuse of being narrow minded. Read that over a few times and let it sink in (without your self-defense mechanisms) before you comment.
Old 11-03-2004, 08:50 PM   #19
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:

Steve, you are always one to preach on your high horse about how great it would be if all humans have our own viewpoints and how we should all be able to express them, yet you completely refute any argument that does not mesh with your own. You are the type of person that says he will agree to disagree only with people that don't disagree with you. There are some fundamental human psychological insights that I agree with you on, but in terms of politics and governing those same people, I think you are way off base, but that is merely my opinion, it is neither correct nor incorrect. By saying that something is wrong because I believe it and you don't is far more shallow and narrow-minded than the "brainwashed military" as you put it and is far more ridiculous than the people you accuse of being narrow minded. Read that over a few times and let it sink in (without your self-defense mechanisms) before you comment.

First of all, I have to correct you. I wasn't the one talking about the "brainwashed military". That was someone else. I have, in the past, voiced my own displeasure at the sometimes sheep-like nature of basic training, but at the same time will begrudgingly accept that it has to be that way or else things get fucked.

I don't really see a conflict of interest here. Of course I expect and encourage people to voice their own opinion as I express my own every chance I get. However, saying that I "completely refute any arguement that doesn't mesh with my own [ideas]" is just wrong. I'll listen (or read, as the case may be) and if I disagree I'll let you know. Whether or not I think it's wrong is not relevent. My word is not law. My ability to make such broad and sweeping statements is merely an extention of my opinion. Don't take my opinions as more than what they are. If I believe something is correct, then I'll say it. That doesn't mean you have to accept or even like it. Hell...you can fire off on your own rant for all I care. I say the things I do because they're what I believe and also in hopes of getting people to think and discourse whether you agree with me or not so long as it's constructive. the post I left earlier doesn't quite fit that motif, but I had just woken up, heard the news, and I was hung over. So sue me. But don't think that simply because I disagree with things you or others may say that I dismiss them. I take it all into account...I might just not agree with it.

Old 11-04-2004, 02:47 AM   #20
V8killimports

Everyone can post their complaints and whine all they want.. Bush is pres for 4 more years, and the repubs own the house and senate.. and 15000 whiney posts can't do shit about that..
V8killimports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004, 04:15 AM   #21
AzCivic

Quote:

well said.
Old 11-04-2004, 04:15 AM   #22
AzCivic

Quote:
Originally posted by V8killimports
Everyone can post their complaints and whine all they want.. Bush is pres for 4 more years, and the repubs own the house and senate.. and 15000 whiney posts can't do shit about that..

aahahahahahhaha!!!
Old 11-04-2004, 05:52 AM   #23
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
Originally posted by V8killimports

Thanks for confirming that nobody has a voice unless it's the one you like, Mike. No matter who had been elected, I would've been all over them to do the right thing. Four more years doesn't mean four more years of happiness. I hereby promise to all of you right now that if Bush turns around his policies and makes our country a better and safer place...I will take back every bad thing I've spoken of him. I feel confident in saying this because of the statistical unlikelyness of it happening.

Old 11-04-2004, 05:53 AM   #24
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
Originally posted by AzCivic
well said.

Sure...it's well said because we rarely agree, huh Az? I'm willing to bet you didn't even bother to read my response to that.

Old 11-04-2004, 08:04 AM   #25
AzCivic

Quote:
Sure...it's well said because we rarely agree, huh Az? I'm willing to bet you didn't even bother to read my response to that.

its well said because its true, get over it.
Old 11-04-2004, 01:53 PM   #26
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

I dont know what you all are complaining about.. Just wait.. In '08 it could be Hillary Clinton vs. The Terminator. Arnold wants to be president and he is going to try to appeal the unborn american thing. You think this years candidates suck, '08s could be the mother load of sucky candidates.

With that said, I was not impressed with either Candidate this year.. Technically I didn't vote for Bush.. I voted against Kerry. There was just something about him that I couldn't like. What he did to Vietnam Vets was just rediculous. It seemed like everything he said, he said because he thought thats what people wanted to hear. Sure thats what politics seem to be all about these days. Thats the problem when stupid people are putting stupid people in high place.
Old 11-04-2004, 02:33 PM   #27
CD5Passion

think we'd learn from our mistakes...vietnam was a bad idea and so is Iraq, both of which we didn't and don't belong in
and oh god if arnold runs for the presidency I'm killing myself or moving to Japan..which ever comes first. you know he'll probably get voted because "everyone wants the terminator defending their country
Old 11-04-2004, 02:45 PM   #28
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Man...that'll never happen. If there's one thing Bush has taught us, it's that people want someone like them. They don't like outsiders...especially foreigners...running things. No matter how popular he is from movies and whatnot, there's no way he'd be elected. Likewise, I don't think we're quite ready for a female president yet so Hillary's out. She could make VP...but even that would suprise me.

Old 11-04-2004, 03:10 PM   #29
Violent Apathy

I hope McCain runs again..

"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die." - Hunter S. Thompson, 1937-2005
Violent Apathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004, 03:17 PM   #30
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Now see he seems like he's got his head on right and he doesn't seem to stick by purely republican or democrat bullshit. Then again he was in a p.o.w camp in Vietnam so what happens if he just like snapped one day?

Old 11-04-2004, 03:37 PM   #31
Violent Apathy

Quote:
[BThen again he was in a p.o.w camp in Vietnam so what happens if he just like snapped one day? [/b]

Then Vietnam probably gets nuked.

"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die." - Hunter S. Thompson, 1937-2005
Violent Apathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004, 05:08 PM   #32
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Check out this interesting site.

http://www.infowars.com/
Old 11-04-2004, 05:28 PM   #33
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

And here I thought I was the only one who followed conspiracy theories.

Old 11-04-2004, 06:52 PM   #34
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Quote:
And here I thought I was the only one who followed conspiracy theories.

No way... This world is a conspiracy.. I believe just about everything the media tells you is a load of inflated horse shit. The sad part is you don't know who the hell to believe.. Atleast conpiracy theories make you think..
Old 11-04-2004, 07:12 PM   #35
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
Originally posted by Racing Rice
No way... This world is a conspiracy.. I believe just about everything the media tells you is a load of inflated horse shit. The sad part is you don't know who the hell to believe.. Atleast conpiracy theories make you think..

So, so true. Sometimes they sounds so incredibly far fetched...until you sit and think about it. The reason they persist so well is because they could very well be exactly what's happening. The world may never know.

Old 11-05-2004, 09:27 AM   #36
CD5Passion

they just make me think too much, period

but true it's one of those things we'll never be certain about, I guess they're named "Conspiracies" for a reason huh