::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Accord
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-29-2003, 03:58 PM   #1
solanog

Torque master plugs

Has someone tried Torque Master spark plugs? I have a 1990 Accord and those where offered to me. What can I expect of them, more power, better mileage, how much? Just intalling the plugs or the timing should be advanced for optimum performance?
Are they worth the extra cost or should I stick with the NGKs recommended for this car? What about platinum? Is there other plug that will raise horsepower?
solanog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2003, 05:20 PM   #2
vtracer20

never heard of htem...i woudl stick with NGK's. i have bosh spitfires...work well but i mgiht change to NGK's
Old 07-29-2003, 07:00 PM   #3
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Never heard of them. I'd stick with the stock NGKs if you're not sure of their reputation.

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2003, 10:00 PM   #4
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

man get some ngk's. no need to pay extra for a stock or i/h/e engine

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2003, 11:27 PM   #5
ifeldwn02
3rd Gear

stay with ngk's dont get all that other crap
ifeldwn02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2003, 09:28 AM   #6
solanog

Thanks for your anwers, the stock NGKs work fine, those Torque master (torquemaster.com) were offered but I wasn't sure, I read that there are no magical plugs to turn your 1990 Accord into a 2003 M3 LOL. What about K and N air filters? Do they worth the money? Also the same guy offered me some magical spark plug cables (magnecor I think, have you heard of them?) the ones I installed about a year ago are NGKs that matched (printing on the box) my car and they work O.K, any need to "upgrade"?

Thanks again!
Old 07-30-2003, 05:00 PM   #7
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by solanog
Thanks for your anwers, the stock NGKs work fine, those Torque master (torquemaster.com) were offered but I wasn't sure, I read that there are no magical plugs to turn your 1990 Accord into a 2003 M3 LOL. What about K and N air filters? Do they worth the money? Also the same guy offered me some magical spark plug cables (magnecor I think, have you heard of them?) the ones I installed about a year ago are NGKs that matched (printing on the box) my car and they work O.K, any need to "upgrade"?

Thanks again!

Magnecor wires are very good, but they aren't magic, and neither is any other cable.

I'd get a real cold air intake if you want more power, don't bother with the K&N. The power gains are still minimal.

Old 07-30-2003, 05:00 PM   #8
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by solanog

Thanks again!

Magnecor wires are very good, but they aren't magic, and neither is any other cable.

I'd get a real cold air intake if you want more power, don't bother with the K&N. The power gains are still minimal.

Old 07-31-2003, 09:11 AM   #9
solanog

Well I didn't wanted to waste my money on things that wouldn't give the performance they claim or won't even give a difference from stock parts which work fine.
You've been of great help!
Old 07-31-2003, 12:40 PM   #10
blind34_1

I've heard that you can gain a few hp from using a drop in K&N filter, but that info is secondhand.
blind34_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2003, 08:36 AM   #11
Gulftech

Switch to the Denso Iridium plugs, they've got a much lower mis-fire rate than the NGK's. Less mis-firing means less power loss to the wheels. Also, if you're just considering a drop-in air filter, look at a Green, better mesh than the K&N and all stainless steel parts instead of aluminum. If your going to buy a filter with a lifetime warrantee, you want it to last the life of your car. Check out www.greenfilterusa.com for some tech info. e-mail me if you want some good info on spark plugs. 4theson@direcpc.com
Old 01-23-2004, 09:30 AM   #12
solanog

Where can I found a Cold air intake?
Old 01-23-2004, 11:28 AM   #13
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

http://styledright.com/catalog/produ...roducts_id=248 shameless plug for me but it's the lowest i have seen so far. also might need to look into a bypass valve if you live somewhere where there is a lot of water accumulating. it sved my engine a few times

Old 01-23-2004, 10:36 PM   #14
AkimboStylee

hey stefan, got any website stickers, i want to show your site off to my part the country?
Old 01-24-2004, 02:03 AM   #15
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

i have someone do some samples right now and i might have some by he end of the next week. i will let you know when i get them.

Old 01-26-2004, 04:45 PM   #16
Honda=Ownage

vtracer20, if you have bosh spitfire spark plugs, then why does your car description say you have NDK??