::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > Electronics/Sound/Security Systems
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-28-2002, 10:54 AM   #1
accord98lx

Speakers

Does aftermarket speakers have good bass to it or do i have to get the subs in the trunk? Anyone here have speakers and like to share their experience?
Old 10-28-2002, 10:57 AM   #2
accord98lx

Theyre selling for $25 a pair of JL Audio 2 Way Speakers.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=1392836883

Can someone tell me if the specs on this thing any good.
Old 10-28-2002, 11:19 AM   #3
Accord Man
THE GENERAL

Quote:
Originally posted by accord98lx
Theyre selling for $25 a pair of JL Audio 2 Way Speakers.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=1392836883

Can someone tell me if the specs on this thing any good.

those are JBL.. and they're 4"..

You have no need for 4" speakers..
HondaStyle.com Babysitter's Club Member #0

Soon to be >Dr Max Immuh<
Accord Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2002, 01:24 PM   #4
accord98lx

I guess i should get 6 x 9s? Does anyone here have speakers that has good bass to it?? You kno..the one that kicks you in the face.

I listen to mostly rap and R&b and I need bass but I dont want subs! If I get speakers, do i need amps too?
Old 10-28-2002, 01:50 PM   #5
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Quote:

I listen to mostly rap and R&b and I need bass but I dont want subs! If I get speakers, do i need amps too?

You're stuck there. If you want pounding bass, you'll need subs and an amp.

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2002, 08:45 PM   #6
accord98lx

Ok I dont get it.

The local Dealer offered me a enclosured of 12 inch subs. Now I know we have to put that in the trunk. How is it that the subs is going to make good bass through the trunk?? Wouldnt the stock speaker in my car going to sound more dominent because I am closer to them? ANyone here get what Im trying to say?

And does anyone know the stock spec speakerss for an 98 accord.
Old 10-28-2002, 09:01 PM   #7
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Quote:
Ok I dont get it.

The local Dealer offered me a enclosured of 12 inch subs. Now I know we have to put that in the trunk. How is it that the subs is going to make good bass through the trunk?? Wouldnt the stock speaker in my car going to sound more dominent because I am closer to them? ANyone here get what Im trying to say?

And does anyone know the stock spec speakerss for an 98 accord.

Have you even been in a car with a system? Have you heard one drive by? The sound gets through to the cabin, trust me.

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2002, 09:33 PM   #8
Accord Man
THE GENERAL

ok...

You seem to be kinda new to this.. What 94Accord said is right..

But its really long to explain all the theory behind it. Try reading all the threads regarding bass, in the Audio forum.. You'll get a much better picture of things..

Old 11-01-2002, 01:50 PM   #9
ShagginJet

Here is the deal. Upgrading your front and rear speakers will give you a crisper mid and high sounds. You can run these off of your unit that's in the dash, regardless of it being stock of not. If you want to hear any true kick you're going to need a sub, it's going to go in the trunk, and you'll need and amp too. Bass is an omni directional sound, that means that even though it's in the trunk, you'll be able to hear it find. This will trip you out: If you do get a sub, have the box sit against the rear seat with the sub facing the trunk opening. This will allow the bass wave to travel back, hit the trunk, then bounce forward. What this does is makes the wave length longer which give you a richer deeper bass.

If you're looking for a heavy bass component speaker for your front and rear speakers, i suggest pioneer, they're pretty boomy. When you install them, make sure to put in a 200hrtz high pass filter in line with the + possitive wirre. This will cut out the low signals that cause distortion, it'll allow the speaker to concentrate more on what it's designed for.... don't worry, they'll still be boomy. You're going to need a 5-1/4" or above, anything below a 5-1/4 won't really have base, even the 5-1/4 itself is pretty weak.

http://63.249.135.19/hdrive/car/index.htm
ShagginJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2002, 12:27 PM   #10
Shaved &/or Laid
4th Gear

Not new, ignorant. Low frequencs penetrate through a seat easily, and will also go through your body. Last time i checked, my cousins windshield didnt stop his sound, and the cracks in it didnt make any real difference. Sound is a lot more comlicated than its louder if its pointing at you, especially with bass.
Old 12-08-2002, 01:36 PM   #11
darkdaedra

I actually just got these speakers here http://www.etronics.com/product.asp?stk_code=sonxsv1632. The bass is just incredible for regular speakers. Not sure if it's the HOP technology Sony raves about, but I heighly recommend these speakers for the value and sound. But yes, if you really want lots of bass , go with the subwoofers in the back. Or do what I'm doing, do both !
Old 12-08-2002, 02:19 PM   #12
Accord Man
THE GENERAL

Quote:
Originally posted by darkdaedra
I actually just got these speakers here http://www.etronics.com/product.asp?stk_code=sonxsv1632. The bass is just incredible for regular speakers. Not sure if it's the HOP technology Sony raves about, but I heighly recommend these speakers for the value and sound. But yes, if you really want lots of bass , go with the subwoofers in the back. Or do what I'm doing, do both !

In time you'll realise that 6.5s arent meant for bass.. if you play loud, they will eventually fry or break. When you get your subs, its in your best interest to setup your stuff properly.. read : crossover..

Old 12-11-2002, 08:11 PM   #13
97CivicBoy

Yo, what i got for my system now aint that bad on bass...I got some 6x9s infiniti reference series..now those give out some good bass and i also got some pionner 6.5s in the front...not bad but infinits give lot more bass...I'm still not that happy with the bass i'm gettin from these speakers cuz some songs depending on their quality dont give good bass...so i recently purchased an 8" self powered bass tube...havent put it in yet...but it think that should do the job....and btw does anyone kno how i can install this bass tube by myself....

thanx
97CivicBoy is offline   Reply With Quote