::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Civic/Del Sol
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-16-2002, 01:43 PM   #1
lx4life

help!!rear shock lower mount bolt

i can't remove the bolt on the rear lower shock mount i broke two rachets and three sockets. (i used a breaker bar also)why won't it come off, i used wd-40 and liquid wrench, it just doesn't want to come off or move a little. help me please. i have a set of air rods i need to put on for the rear i have the front on but i look so stupid with just the front. any one help me.thanks
Old 06-17-2002, 08:30 AM   #2
Whtehnda93DXSdn
It has 4 Doors...

It sounds liek when it was put back together, if it was ever taken apart, and the bolt was probably stripped when it was put back on. I know on my rear of my sedan I had a problem w/ one of the rear bolts and I have to remove the entire arm and all because of it. In your case you nedd the arm to go back on w/ the new shaft so I'm not sure what to do but to maybe take a old socket and have it tach welded to the bolt and try to get it aloose OR possibly go the air tool route and see if that will break it loose..

Hope this might help and good luck w/ it...
Old 06-17-2002, 08:49 AM   #3
Mushroom

I can't remember how everything fit together on my '94, but can you remove the top and bottom bolts on the arm and get the arm+shock off the car? If you can do that, you could vise it and get medieval with air tools (might be tough to on the car if the rubber absorbs the vibrations) or just drill out the bolt and buy a new overpriced one from Honda.
Old 06-17-2002, 11:59 AM   #4
lx4life

thanks for the advice one of the local shop over here said they will have torch it out cause its pretty common for chock lower mount bolt to "freeze" thanks again