::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Civic/Del Sol
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-25-2002, 11:08 PM   #1
97CivicBoy

Help!!! I Crashed, Need Advice

It was snowing the other day, and i wanted to do an e-brake turn, the problem was that i overturned and crahsed into a curb. I stepped outta the car and happend to notice a part of my brake disc was on the road. I just drove my car back home...and my brake pedal in teh car was shot...the brakes dont really work as well....my rim was a lil dented....please help me..what do i do now...what do i need to buy...and can i drive stilll....please help...i need my car back asap

thank u
97CivicBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2002, 01:39 AM   #2
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

please don't double post

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2002, 03:12 AM   #3
Mischief(LTS)

i dont think they do it on purpose
Old 12-26-2002, 09:18 AM   #4
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

no they dont but since this is the first one i saw im gonna help[ ya out

well obviously you need a new disc and maybe a new caliper and a caliper pin (depending on the damage you might not need it.

You could always take it to a shop and have them fix whatever the problem is because they would have the knowledge of what was damaged and what isnt (Im guessing you dont know). Or get a cheap manual and fix it yourself on a weekend, then when youre done w/ the book return it and get a better one (Helms Manual) just be careful not to get the book dirty so you can return or even exchange it.

This is the best advice I can give or think of without seeing the damage first hand (no a pic really wont help), sorry and goodluck. Get it fixed ASAP though!
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2002, 01:26 PM   #5
97CivicBoy

thank you for the advice....i also have one more question...do you know how much this will all cost??? and one other thign was that my rim got a lil dented....will i have to get rid of the rim..its a lil dent...nothign big...more scartches tho....

thank u so much
Old 12-26-2002, 11:45 PM   #6
drdingo21

you may wanna go and see if the rim is bent....
drdingo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2002, 02:59 PM   #7
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

as far as cost the disc will run you anywhere from $150-$600 depending on what you get, check www.hparts.com/part.html and maybe you can get OE honda at a better price (you will not get a good deal at a dealer unless you have connections) The caliper will cost around $50-70 single and double that if they come in a set, call your auto parts store (AutoZone, if there is one near you, will have them at a decent price ) Im not sure if a new pin comes w/ it or not, but it probably does, if not it cant be much more $.
As for the rim...its your call, is it bent enough to make it dangerous to drive? But I say if it was enough force to smash the disc then its probably not safe to drive on, if not for long. Id put the stocks on until you get a replacement rim.

Hopefully there isnt anything other than those things that are broken. Since I cant be there to look at it (or anyone else here for that matter ) I would definately advise you to take it to a shop ASAP, Midas (and tons of other multi purpose shops) do free brake inspections and since it is a brake problem they should be obligated to check total damage for free and give you an estimate on pricing (parts plus around $80/hr labor). They are also obligated to tell you what is wrong exactly w/ the parts and tell you what needs to be replaced. I would get a quote from wherever you go (w/ the parts needed to be replaced listed) and call around or even go to your local auto parts store and buy everything and do it yourself (if you feel comfortable doing it) or w/ someone that has expirience.

Good luck w/ it
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2002, 03:12 AM   #8
97CivicBoy

yeh thanx....

Thanx for that info...It actually turned otu to be a bad accidnet...brakes caliber and all taht shit are gone...side panel needs body work...i think the shocks are a lil messed up to and for the rim the guy at the shop said hes not sure yet...still gettin an estimate on monday...damn i need some $$$....i kno its gonna be alot...the guy i go to finds used parts at good prices so i should be good with that...and i'm def. not goin to try n do thi smyself...especially if its to do with th breaks...but thanx again for ur advice