::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Accord
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-25-2002, 05:53 PM   #1
accord98lx

Rear Drum

Why do I hear a weird sound coming from the rear drum brakes?

I parked the car, stepped on the brake, pulled the ebrake up and I hear a like a beating sound from the rear drum. What the hell is that noise?
Old 12-25-2002, 05:55 PM   #2
accord98lx

Oh yea and I forgot, but I remember talkin about this somewhere but I forgot to ask.

I noticed my brakes squeek a lot at night (sounds weird?). I have new rotors and pads like 1 month ago. I remember someone on this forum said that their brakes squeek during cold temperature. Is this true and why is that?

And another funny thing, why does my brakes squeeks when going slow in drive through at mcdonalds or jack in the box? lol
Old 12-25-2002, 10:53 PM   #3
TeriyakiBroccoli
5th Gear

Did you apply the "non-squeak" grease or lube when you installed the new pads? That could be it.

everyone loves the turbizzim.
TeriyakiBroccoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2002, 12:28 AM   #4
accord98lx

If I didnt, why isnt it squeeking during the day?

And SOmeone plz plz plz help me with the rear drum, I keep hearing vibrating sound from it whenever I jump in the car.
Old 12-26-2002, 12:38 AM   #5
TeriyakiBroccoli
5th Gear

Hmm, that is weird. IT doesn't get that cold at nighttime in hawaii.. I dont see how 10-15 degrees can make a difference.

I'm out of ideas.

(I used to live on oahu )

everyone loves the turbizzim.
TeriyakiBroccoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2002, 12:49 AM   #6
accord98lx

Maybe its winter?
Old 12-26-2002, 01:00 AM   #7
DjFrost

Blah.......I had a squeeking noise as well in my Accord......happened during the day after I drove around a while..........then I went to some place to see if my back brakes were messed up or something but everything was OK.....so the dude applied some blue looking stuff for free to my front brakes and I dont' hear the noise anymore.......

hehe I know that doesn't help at all but maybe you should check your back brakes...............I tought it was back to but I guess I was wrong
Old 12-26-2002, 01:30 AM   #8
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

hmmm, i guess for the rear brakes one of the springs is out of place making the shoe move around, but i doubt that's it. Also worn shoes will make that sound.

What kind of pads do u have for the front ? semimetalic ? they do those noises at night. Go with some IQ organic pads. it's like 15 degrees here and no noises coming out of my brakes

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2002, 01:54 AM   #9
accord98lx

so..if it is a worn shoe...should i replace it? I mean i only hear this noise after I parked on a steep hill but like 1-2 days later, the noise is gone.

I dont know what kind of pads are mines but if its semi metallic, then I guess its normal for it to squeek at night right? 15 degree? lol Hawaii temperature is no where near that. the lowest here would be about in the high 50s.
Old 12-26-2002, 04:07 AM   #10
rakugaki

i remember this one time i had my brakes done at a goodyear shop and a few days later the brakes started to screach really loud which was really annoying, so i had my local honda dealer check them out, but they were still new, they didn't want me to get new brakes unless i wanted to get new honda brakes, so i got them and they don't make them anymore