::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Accord
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-10-2002, 06:27 PM   #1
accordboy00

OEM fog light installation

I just got my fog lights in the mail today and I was wondering where to have them installed.
My first choice is a local car stereo place that I got my system and alarm installed. They also sell and install fog lights. However, their job might not be as perfect as a honda dealer. Their price for installation....$40.
My other choice is to have the fog lights installed at a Honda dealer. Their work is exact and will be warrantied. Thier price........$220!!! They say that the entire front bumper needs to come off, but the installation instructions never mentions a bumper removal.
So what do you guys think? Should I go with my stereo place, or pop $220 and get them installed at the dealer?
BTW the lights only cost me $150.
Old 07-10-2002, 08:19 PM   #2
blownteggy

buy a helms manual and learn how to do it yourself. you'll save alot of money by doing your own installs.
Old 07-11-2002, 04:02 AM   #3
accordboy00

Naw....I'm not too cool with having to cut out pieces of my car on my own. I'd rather leave the cutting to someone who has the slightest clue of what they're doing. I can remove my bumper and uninstall thing under the hood, but there's something about cutting that makes me uneasy. Thx for the tip though.
Old 07-15-2002, 01:08 AM   #4
panther314
Parked

i have seen some of the work from stereo shops and for forty bucks i know the job wont look that nice ..if u go to the dealer it will be installed perfect cuz it is there job to do it right the first time ..i say spend the money now so it will look good in the end.. figure this if they screw up ur bumper they replace it at the stereo shop u replace it
Old 07-15-2002, 06:51 AM   #5
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

Quote:
Originally posted by panther314
i have seen some of the work from stereo shops and for forty bucks i know the job wont look that nice ..if u go to the dealer it will be installed perfect cuz it is there job to do it right the first time ..i say spend the money now so it will look good in the end.. figure this if they screw up ur bumper they replace it at the stereo shop u replace it

exactly

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote